Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hmmm.....not sure what to think of this one
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Hmmm.....not sure what to think of this one Reply with quote

https://littlerock.craigslist.org/cto/d/1972-volkswagon-one-of-kind/6366958843.html

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
LesbleuBuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:34 am    Post subject: Re: Hmmm.....not sure what to think of this one Reply with quote

Kill it with fire !!
Dale M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Hmmm.....not sure what to think of this one Reply with quote

Not saying I really like it, but somebody did a lot of work on it, looks well done....

Dale

"Kellison Sand Piper Roadster" For Street & Show.
"Joe Pody Sandrover" Buggy with 2180 for Autocross (Sold)
============================================================
All suggestions and advice are purely my own opinion. You are free to ignore them if you wish ...
woodoctr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Hmmm.....not sure what to think of this one Reply with quote

Wow, and I really thought I had seen every kind of nose you could shove on the front of a beetle....... Laughing
Wetstuff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: Hmmm.....not sure what to think of this one Reply with quote

'Curious to see what these 'faux' people think other people see?

Jim
Manx #2614
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Hmmm.....not sure what to think of this one Reply with quote

That could actually look pretty cool if it were finished and painted another color. A different set of wheels would completely change the image. Then redo the interior to a simple single color. If it runs and drives it might be a worthwhile deal if you can get it for under $2500
Featured in Dec. 2001 HOT VW's Magazine page 63

Watch my racing video's http://www.youtube.com/user/okvwracer/videos
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Hmmm.....not sure what to think of this one Reply with quote

vwracerdave wrote:
That could actually look pretty cool if it were finished and painted another color. A different set of wheels would completely change the image. Then redo the interior to a simple single color. If it runs and drives it might be a worthwhile deal if you can get it for under $2500

I might actually look into it, it's definitely unique.
I asked in another thread about using my bonus check on a couple of other bugs that got shot down real fast on here... now it may come down to between this and this Corrado (always wanted one of those):

https://littlerock.craigslist.org/cto/d/volkswagen-corrado-vr6-28/6418472179.html

1600 SP engine
Wolfgangdieter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Hmmm.....not sure what to think of this one Reply with quote

Help! I think I went blind looking at interior! The '40 Ford hood would have looked so much better. Save the Benz for a convertible version.
Dan the workingstiff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Hmmm.....not sure what to think of this one Reply with quote

Not hating it either. I'd like to see it with round lights,maybe.
'76 IH 1200
'75 IH 1200
rugblaster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Hmmm.....not sure what to think of this one Reply with quote

Those fiberglass super Beetle fenders were available in the late 70's. Cars of that period had those square sealed beams. That abomination looks like the added a baja hood and a 300D grill shell.......and, it looks like shit.

VWoA factory trained line tech 75 till 90 or so
ASE Master Certification
VWoA Assoc. of Quality Technicians inductee (One of 25 in the five state southwest region)
La Confrerie des Chevaliers du Tastevin (San Angelo Chapter)
TCU ......GO FROGS!!!!!!
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Hmmm.....not sure what to think of this one Reply with quote

Dan the workingstiff wrote:
Not hating it either. I'd like to see it with round lights,maybe.

Feel free to make fun of my crap photoshopping skillz Very Happy I also removed the 3 point star emblem

1600 SP engine
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Hmmm.....not sure what to think of this one Reply with quote

Loose the sun visor and get smaller front turn signals or maybe even the stock marker light back on the fenders.
Featured in Dec. 2001 HOT VW's Magazine page 63

Watch my racing video's http://www.youtube.com/user/okvwracer/videos
barrist
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Hmmm.....not sure what to think of this one Reply with quote

Hmmm,,

I'm Not Sure,,

But,, I Kinda Like It.

Have a Great Day,

Bill
heywebonya
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Hmmm.....not sure what to think of this one Reply with quote

Looking good with the round lights. I was thinking of replacing the old crappy emblem with a VW!
joey1320
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: Hmmm.....not sure what to think of this one Reply with quote

sb001 wrote:
vwracerdave wrote:

I asked in another thread about using my bonus check on a couple of other bugs that got shot down real fast on here... now it may come down to between this and this Corrado (always wanted one of those):

https://littlerock.craigslist.org/cto/d/volkswagen-corrado-vr6-28/6418472179.html

Sorry sb001 but this was the first thing that popped into my head when I read your comment.

PS: I would buy the orange super you posted for $800 though ☺️
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Hmmm.....not sure what to think of this one Reply with quote

joey1320 wrote:

What makes that orange super with no motor and shot floor pans the better deal??

1600 SP engine
joey1320
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Hmmm.....not sure what to think of this one Reply with quote

sb001 wrote:
joey1320 wrote:

What makes that orange super with no motor and shot floor pans the better deal??

Couple of things, this thing is $3500 while the orange bug is $800. The other bug comes with the Baja that you could probably sell for $250. Also, the orange bug, although in need of extensive repairs, will be more valuable once finished when compared to this one. Another thing is this thing has been hacked considerably and you'll need to be completely certain it was done right. Last, it looks like butt Wink
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Hmmm.....not sure what to think of this one Reply with quote

sb001 wrote:
vwracerdave wrote:

If it's between this and a Corrado, pick this. The Corrado had to be one of the biggest pieces of shit on the planet. IF you want a car that is expensive to fix, wait for parts and have your car sit in the shop for weeks on end, the Corrado is the car for you. I worked on half a dozen of them at an import shop I worked at, and there was a revolving door of them the entire time. One changed hands 5 times in 2 years because owners got tired of fixing it.

The guy selling the car is basically telling you it's a piece of shit and he's tired of fixing it.

brad
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Hmmm.....not sure what to think of this one Reply with quote

slalombuggy wrote:
sb001 wrote:
vwracerdave wrote:

If it's between this and a Corrado, pick this. The Corrado had to be one of the biggest pieces of shit on the planet. IF you want a car that is expensive to fix, wait for parts and have your car sit in the shop for weeks on end, the Corrado is the car for you. I worked on half a dozen of them at an import shop I worked at, and there was a revolving door of them the entire time. One changed hands 5 times in 2 years because owners got tired of fixing it.

The guy selling the car is basically telling you it's a piece of shit and he's tired of fixing it.

brad

Yet all around the inernet are stories of previous Corrado owners regretting having sold theirs and wanting to buy another, and Corrados in good running condition commanding $15,000+ prices. I'm not saying they don't have problems, everyone knows they do, but if that one I linked's gremlins are electrical related (like the power sunroof for example) and unrelated to its drivability then it's a good deal. Call me naive if you want but I'm sure glad that I haven't developed this completely cynical attitude where I automatically think some seller is secretly saying this car's a POS just because they decided to post it for sale on CL. Same thing happened when I posted a bug for $800 that just needed a new generator and wiring harness- immediate response on here was "seller's hiding shit, it needs thousands worth of work done, it's only worth $400 etc.." WTF??? But yet, a 73 love bug for $800 that needs a TON of body/ structural work--work that most of us would probably have to farm out--and no motor, is worth it all day long?? Give me a break.

1600 SP engine
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:24 am    Post subject: Re: Hmmm.....not sure what to think of this one Reply with quote

While this one is no raving beauty in my eyes I certainly have seen worse! Yes shed the square headlights, get rid of the dippy looking baseball cap peak, change the color and add some old VW bumpers without the over rides. Put a big business logo on the side to promote your company and it might not be too bad.

Oh and those fake air scoops on the rear fenders have to go too!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: