Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Portawalls from Ebay
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
writejohnm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject: Portawalls from Ebay Reply with quote

Anyone purchased portawalls lately? I can only seem to find 15" x 2" ones on ebay and they are shipped from Turkey. Portawalls.com doesn't appear to stock 15x2's anymore (at least according what's viewable on their website).

There also appears to be a guy who sells them on Etsy, but he got a couple bad reviews. Anyone with recent purchase info on any of these sources or where you got yours would be great.

Happy New Year!
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Portawalls from Ebay Reply with quote

http://portawallshop.com/?refreshed#.WkreilSnHcs
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
writejohnm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Portawalls from Ebay Reply with quote

Thanks for the link andk5591. Did you actually purchase from these guys or just find them on google search?. I've tried calling and get no answer..

Thx

andk5591 wrote:
http://portawallshop.com/?refreshed#.WkreilSnHcs
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: Portawalls from Ebay Reply with quote

the guy in Turkey is legit, I've used him multiple times. Turnaround seems to be up to the whim of their postal system, I've received them fast, I've received them slow, but always get them eventually
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Portawalls from Ebay Reply with quote

No - I dont remember when I bought my set or from who. Ran them for a while and they came apart on the rear wheels...yeah I installed them correctly and all that crap. You may want to research them some before you drop the money. They were designed for bias ply tires, which dont have the sidewall bulge like radials. Some folks have good luck with them. I dont bother anymore and just go to someplace like Diamondback if I need other that 165R/80s.
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
writejohnm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Portawalls from Ebay Reply with quote

Thanks for the followup guys. I went with the guy from Etsy after making contact with him. He's in CA and seems reputable.

Happy New Year
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: