Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Front beam rebuild (complete step by step needed)
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
joosty_chin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Front beam rebuild (complete step by step needed) Reply with quote

Hello thing family. I am in the process of rebuilding my front beam, and I know that I've seen complete rebuild threads on here before (2007-2008 timeframe I believe), but I've searched here for hours with nothing found yet. Can you fine folks please point me in the right direction?
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Front beam rebuild (complete step by step needed) Reply with quote

???
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/manuals/thing_shop_manual.php

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
joosty_chin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Front beam rebuild (complete step by step needed) Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Is this an acceptable option for a rebuild?

I'll tell you though, this pulling out all the crap within the beam is for the birds!
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BNMike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: Front beam rebuild (complete step by step needed) Reply with quote

I'm needing to do a rebuild of my replacement beam too. I talked to Rick at "Bug Me Video" about it, and he said that their next video will be about Suspension work. He was hoping for this Spring, they've been pretty busy with outside work.

I like their videos, account they will show and tell if there is a non-VW tool ( read cheaper ) that you can use for a job.

Mike
seilerj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Front beam rebuild (complete step by step needed) Reply with quote

Getting ready to do my beam rebuild ....anyone know of a build thread or guide ???
cecil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Front beam rebuild (complete step by step needed) Reply with quote

try: vw front beam rebuild in You Tube
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: