Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Manxter 2+2 #160
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
TSFR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: Manxter 2+2 #160 Reply with quote

andygere wrote:
What is the secret to working wipers without the wiper arms chewing up the windshield rubber? Can you close the hood?

I have not put the hood back on yet but, the wiper shaft length is adjustable. Also orth mentioning is that 2 inches have been removed from the wiper assembly just above the motor.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Thanks,
Jeff

Manxter 2+2 #160
andygere
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Manxter 2+2 #160 Reply with quote

Thanks Jeff. I have some more work to do, my initiail mock up showed this was going to be a problem.
TSFR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: Manxter 2+2 #160 Reply with quote

I'm not sure how I forgot this, but....
New Shocks - Reason # 4,382 why I'm BROKE AF Laughing

Almost 1 down....

Thanks,
Jeff

Manxter 2+2 #160
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Manxter 2+2 #160 Reply with quote

TSFR wrote:
Reason # 4,382 why I'm BROKE AF Laughing

Preaching to the Choir Brother.

"So you want to go racing?" "Well, speed costs money, how fast can you spend?" "It will be fun they said"

So, take one fully capable off road buggy and intend to re-build it to be a more capable off road buggy, to race off road.

Go put on your Big Boy Pants, and take that big step up to the counter. Bust open that wallet, swallow hard while thinking about what you sacrificed to put in that wallet what is there, choke a little and hand over the money for those Big Time parts.

Get those Big Time parts and dutifully put them on your buggy. Go test them. Now you can no longer wear the Big Boy Pants, because they are full of excrement. The excrement came not from excitement over what the Big Time parts did for the buggy, but to the fact that the Big Time parts are now used, non-returnable, and do not do what is needed.

So you tap the first sponsor, Mr. Visa and Company, pay three times what you choked and gagged over the first time, to get the correct parts needed.

So you say you do not want to have the buggy break on the West side of Texas while driving it to the race, get suffocated in the Silt Beds, die the long, overnight cold death crossing the Rubicon-Like rock mountains going into San Juanico MX, and the second and third sponsors Mrs. Visa and Company and the future IRA Contribution and Company come to your aid.

After all you have said, all you are saying, and all that you may say has been Said. The work that is completed and the tasks than need done, have been Done, you have tapped out your sponsor Visas, (yes, plural meaning more than two), sold some very super cool parts, promised future work for trades, you get to go to the dance.

In a very innocent way, right in front of your face, that One Buggy has snuck off with your Treasure and oh so many gallons of your blood to the tune of $ 50K in three years. Not to mention you did al the work yourself, TO SAVE MONEY.

When your Friends and A-holes gather around your bed to ensure you are dead, not one of them with half a sane mind can ever say you led a boring life.

So there, IT WAS fun!!! (or least you hope it will be at this point)

Everyone is gifted. Some just do not open the package.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TSFR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Manxter 2+2 #160 Reply with quote

joescoolcustoms wrote:
TSFR wrote:
Reason # 4,382 why I'm BROKE AF Laughing

Preaching to the Choir Brother.

"So you want to go racing?" "Well, speed costs money, how fast can you spend?" "It will be fun they said"

So, take one fully capable off road buggy and intend to re-build it to be a more capable off road buggy, to race off road.

Go put on your Big Boy Pants, and take that big step up to the counter. Bust open that wallet, swallow hard while thinking about what you sacrificed to put in that wallet what is there, choke a little and hand over the money for those Big Time parts.

Get those Big Time parts and dutifully put them on your buggy. Go test them. Now you can no longer wear the Big Boy Pants, because they are full of excrement. The excrement came not from excitement over what the Big Time parts did for the buggy, but to the fact that the Big Time parts are now used, non-returnable, and do not do what is needed.

So you tap the first sponsor, Mr. Visa and Company, pay three times what you choked and gagged over the first time, to get the correct parts needed.

So you say you do not want to have the buggy break on the West side of Texas while driving it to the race, get suffocated in the Silt Beds, die the long, overnight cold death crossing the Rubicon-Like rock mountains going into San Juanico MX, and the second and third sponsors Mrs. Visa and Company and the future IRA Contribution and Company come to your aid.

After all you have said, all you are saying, and all that you may say has been Said. The work that is completed and the tasks than need done, have been Done, you have tapped out your sponsor Visas, (yes, plural meaning more than two), sold some very super cool parts, promised future work for trades, you get to go to the dance.

In a very innocent way, right in front of your face, that One Buggy has snuck off with your Treasure and oh so many gallons of your blood to the tune of $ 50K in three years. Not to mention you did al the work yourself, TO SAVE MONEY.

When your Friends and A-holes gather around your bed to ensure you are dead, not one of them with half a sane mind can ever say you led a boring life.

So there, IT WAS fun!!! (or least you hope it will be at this point)

Joe, I’m going to say thank you for keeping any sense of depressive anxiety in check and to be thankful I’m not building a dedicated race car LOL. Maybe one day I will get this non-race car to NORRA if only for moral support 😎

Thanks,
Jeff

Manxter 2+2 #160
dbsmith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Manxter 2+2 #160 Reply with quote

Joe,

PERFECT..
#127 Manxter - 99.5% done....
jrailer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Manxter 2+2 #160 Reply with quote

Like again
manxvair
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Manxter 2+2 #160 Reply with quote

Go racing they say, It'll be fun they say!
"They" never said anything about the cost though!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hillmotorsports
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Manxter 2+2 #160 Reply with quote

Gee Mike....
Are you saying that there is truth to the old addage:
"Speed costs money.... how fast can you afford to go?"
Whodathunkit!!!

Counting down the days to pulling the plug Mike? Very Happy

Paul

(With way more projects than spare time!)
manxvair
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Manxter 2+2 #160 Reply with quote

hillmotorsports wrote:
Gee Mike....
Are you saying that there is truth to the old addage:
"Speed costs money.... how fast can you afford to go?"
Whodathunkit!!!

Counting down the days to pulling the plug Mike? Very Happy

Paul

Yes, I agree with that addage!

2 more show ups!

Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TSFR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Manxter 2+2 #160 Reply with quote

Missing warmer weather for sure. This is the wife and I on our Moab 2016 trip.

Thanks,
Jeff

Manxter 2+2 #160
dbsmith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Manxter 2+2 #160 Reply with quote

Jeff
We really need some updates to keep your adventure alive.
TSFR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Manxter 2+2 #160 Reply with quote

I need to thank David for the reminder Cool Reconstruction has slowed down as I'm waiting on a few little things to sort themselves out. This has given me time to show further proof as to why I rely on the help from my friends. Also that most times, the simplest route gets the job done and I can usually inject a little of my own flare ontop of it to get the look I like.

I give you the lightbar and more importantly my obviously homemade lightbar mount LOL Don't hate on the diamond plate, its all I had laying around. I drew this up (MAD Microsoft Paint Skillz YO!) and then pretty much made it happen as prototype number one until I can get better metal and assistance from a better fabricator. For the moment tho, I have a working example of what happens when I'm left alone too long.

THIS was the ONLY lightbar I could find that wasn't too big or too small for how I wanted it to look. https://www.ebay.com/itm/37inch-180W-Slim-Single-R...2749.l2649

It doesn't look horrible and after some flat black attention, it should light up the way pretty well. I'm curious to see how it holds up.

Next we have the start of the Rugged Radio purchase I made when they had a super sale! It was enough that I saved $540 so it was like "but honey, I HAD to get it". I had some grand idea of how I wanted to mount the units which may have been fine in theory, but not so much in ability. This brings us to what I suspect the REAL reason that David wanted an update LOL. The rollbar brackets were his idea and a much more practical solution for sure! So far I have made the mount for the radio only and will get to the 660+ later today. I had a hard time figuring out the placement, but settled on inbetween the upper bars. I will make a cover plate so the wires are not flapping in the wind. Once I've got things finally positioned and painted, I will trim the bolts and call it a day. I'm not too concerned with the rearview mirror since it has a display for the backup camera built in and I cant really see anything behind me over the wing anyway.

Thanks,
Jeff

Manxter 2+2 #160
dbsmith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Manxter 2+2 #160 Reply with quote

Thanks Jeff.
Manxters have pretty much taken over our lives, that is why we need therapy

Buggy on
TSFR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Manxter 2+2 #160 Reply with quote

dbsmith wrote:
Thanks Jeff.
Manxters have pretty much taken over our lives, that is why we need therapy

Buggy on

and how does that make you feel David? Laughing HAHAHA

Absolutely, I'd be lost without therapy Cool

Thanks,
Jeff

Manxter 2+2 #160
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: