Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Drove my '03 EVC in the snow for the first time
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dixoncj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject: Drove my '03 EVC in the snow for the first time Reply with quote

We had a once in a generation dump here in Charleston a couple days ago and I've had the chance to try out the EVC with the GoWesty Geolander setup. Man, it sure does do well in the snow - you could tell when both the traction control and the ABS were doing their thing. Drove it through some pretty deep, nasty muddy slushy stuff too. Not sure if the lift and fox shocks helped, but they surely didn't hurt. Sure do wish the campers also had electronic stability control, but they shipped without it. Really happy with how the van did tho. Confirms my earlier fire road drives and impression of the van's surprising ability.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Drove my '03 EVC in the snow for the first time Reply with quote

I had ESP kick in the other day when I was driving through a deep flooded puddle on I-5 at speed. It really startled me how fast it did its thing well before I could figure out what was going on. I'm convinced these are much better in inclement weather than stock 2WD Vanagons. I think a head to head with a Split would be interesting, since that was previously my most accomplished 2WD vehicle.

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: