Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Roof rack clamps
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vanillagurilla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject: Roof rack clamps Reply with quote

I hope you guys can help, I've been trying to find some clamps that attach to the drip rail so I can build a new roof rack that's removable. The one I have now is really old and will have to be cut off the car because the clamps are rusted.
veeweeman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Roof rack clamps Reply with quote

Can't you copy the clamp design? ...I assume that since you are building your own roof rack that you have fab skills. ..you can use tool handle dip to dip them in and prevent paint scratches. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Plasti-Dip-Tool-Handle-...mp;veh=sem

VeeWeeman
Vanillagurilla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Roof rack clamps Reply with quote

veeweeman wrote:
Can't you copy the clamp design? ...I assume that since you are building your own roof rack that you have fab skills. ..you can use tool handle dip to dip them in and prevent paint scratches. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Plasti-Dip-Tool-Handle-...mp;veh=sem

VeeWeeman

I think I found some that will work. I'm not worried about the paint, it's been a 90% desert car for the last 20 years so it has a nice patina lol. It used to be blue and now it's a shade of baby blue and white.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: