Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Windows against scrapers?
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
avocado_tom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject: Windows against scrapers? Reply with quote

All,

I'm putting the 914 I bought back together (it came "some assembly required", mostly with regards to trim and interior) and I'm trying to figure out if I'm putting the windows back together correctly.

I am assuming that the door window is supposed to be in contact with the outer portion of the scraper?

Thanks!
Avo
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: Windows against scrapers? Reply with quote

Yes....but bear in mind.....the windows can be in the correct position....and not be bearing against the scrapers...if the scrapers themselves are old and shot. Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
avocado_tom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Windows against scrapers? Reply with quote

raygreenwood wrote:
Yes....but bear in mind.....the windows can be in the correct position....and not be bearing against the scrapers...if the scrapers themselves are old and shot. Ray

Thanks Ray. That was probably an inherent part of my question, so thanks for picking up on it. My windows aren't touching the scrapers, but the scrapers are totally old. That's probably more the issue than anything.

Cheers!
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Windows against scrapers? Reply with quote

also keep in mind that the inner fuzzy and the outer fuzzy keep the window prone and from flopping around. Also if you have an early model without the felt in the vertical tracks, the guides glued to the window get loose and the front four rollers crunchy from lack of lubrication causing the window to flop a bit and make it hard to roll up and down
avocado_tom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Windows against scrapers? Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
also keep in mind that the inner fuzzy and the outer fuzzy keep the window prone and from flopping around. Also if you have an early model without the felt in the vertical tracks, the guides glued to the window get loose and the front four rollers crunchy from lack of lubrication causing the window to flop a bit and make it hard to roll up and down

That's super helpful to know. Thanks!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: