Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Ballistic missile attack on Hawaii
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject: Ballistic missile attack on Hawaii Reply with quote

Anyone in Hawaii get that alert on the cell phone? Turns out to be false alarm. Odd.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Ballistic missle attack on Hawaii Reply with quote

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/hawaii-ballis...ls-n837511

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Ballistic missile attack on Hawaii Reply with quote

Ooops, pushed the wrong button!

J/K LOL!!111!! Embarassed

Don't mind the man behind the curtain!
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Ballistic missile attack on Hawaii Reply with quote

I bet there’s a few here that remember Burt the turtle and his little duck and cover routine. Pure BS hide under a school desk and cover your head, and we believed it.
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Ballistic missile attack on Hawaii Reply with quote

This may have been an accident this time but this should not be taken as a joke. With the very real threat of N. Korea a missile strike on Hawaii could be a very realistic possibility.
Featured in Dec. 2001 HOT VW's Magazine page 63

Watch my racing video's http://www.youtube.com/user/okvwracer/videos
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Ballistic missile attack on Hawaii Reply with quote

Went over to YouTube and brought up duck and cover, I know what to do now and you should too.
Joe 20
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Ballistic missile attack on Hawaii Reply with quote

LOL!! Yes I remember those drills...and if you are in a hallway, crouch down by the wall! Now I know that the crouching down part was so you could more easily kiss your ass good-bye. Very Happy
pechaaa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:19 am    Post subject: Re: Ballistic missile attack on Hawaii Reply with quote

OMG... hide in frigde lide indiana jones.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn4Vhkmb4Lw
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: Ballistic missile attack on Hawaii Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
Went over to YouTube and brought up duck and cover, I know what to do now and you should too.

I grew up 12 miles from the Empire State Building (center of Manhattan), and those drills were just a waste of time.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: Ballistic missile attack on Hawaii Reply with quote

Where i went to grammer school in NJ (Hopewell, Remember Lindberg kidnapping). They still had those 30 gal containers of water stored in the cellar.this was the early 70’s. Ps the inlaws house was used as the command center for the investigation. stormin Norman Swartzkovs father was the colonel of the state police in charge of the investigation.
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: Ballistic missile attack on Hawaii Reply with quote

vwracerdave wrote:
This may have been an accident this time but this should not be taken as a joke. With the very real threat of N. Korea a missile strike on Hawaii could be a very realistic possibility.

Ooga booga Rolling Eyes
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: Ballistic missile attack on Hawaii Reply with quote

Pushing buttons never seems like a good idea, ever movie it results in catastrophe.
Hell even growing up, pushing buttons led me to either running through my lives on Crash Bandicoot or texting the wrong stuff to the wrong girl...

Someone send these boss men some Fisher Price toys, bright colors!

Oct. ’67 Double Cab (’68 Crew Cab)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44412.png]Click to view image[/URL]
March '69 Delivery (Panel Bus)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44414.png]Click to view image[/URL]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Ballistic missile attack on Hawaii Reply with quote

I was thinking some of the younger folks here should watch a couple of movies which put it into perspective, the latter in a humorous way. See first “Fail Safe” then watch “Dr. Strangelove “ or How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb.. Slim Pickens riding it out has got to be one of the top 10 best movie shots of all time. 😀
Helfen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Ballistic missile attack on Hawaii Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
I bet there’s a few here that remember Burt the turtle and his little duck and cover routine. Pure BS hide under a school desk and cover your head, and we believed it.

Duck and cover actually does work. It all depends on how far you are from where the bomb is dropped. Everyone knows back then and now that you cannot survive a direct or even a near direct hit, but if you are 25 miles away a Duck and cover will save you from a lot of flying debris and keeping your head down will also protect your eyes from the blinding light.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Ballistic missile attack on Hawaii Reply with quote

Moderator note:
We were getting into some political comments, they were removed
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: Ballistic missile attack on Hawaii Reply with quote

Reported on the news this morning, the responsible person is being "reassigned " instead of FIRED.
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: Ballistic missile attack on Hawaii Reply with quote

Eh, should fire the guy. That's not a thing that you do and then get reassigned or paid leave for a month and then go back to work. He pressed the MISSILE ATTACK BUTTON. How do you even make that mistake, it seriously can't look like every other button.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
ROCKOROD71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Ballistic missile attack on Hawaii Reply with quote

I know the conservatives in the room haven't cuz FAKE NEWZ MSM evil!!!111!!! but have any of you other folk watched the Last Week Tonight segment on the American nuclear cache? I think its arguably scarier than North Korea. At least North Korea is developing this stuff, now, and their system probably doesn't rely on 5" floppy disks from the early 80s, a brigade of Air Force regulars who are found asleep at the silo, broken comm infrastructure, etc etc.
That is to say nothing of the tons of nuclear waste that has no where to go and is being stored on site at all the power plants.
Man I bet Einstein is glad he's dead...
Essentially we are on the edge of nuclear disaster 24/7 with or without batshit world leaders with their fingers on the trigger.

30 years from now, the next guy may not want your girlfriend, but he may want your classic car, depending on how nice you were to it.

asiab3 wrote:

Careful guys, a petulant child can grow up to be president these days.

**winter drivers: no survivors!**rust warrior**#keepbodyshopsbusy**
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Ballistic missile attack on Hawaii Reply with quote

67ctbug wrote:
He pressed the MISSILE ATTACK BUTTON. H

Actually it was a option on a drop down menu on a PC. Maybe TEST and ATTACK should not be adjacent to each other.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: Ballistic missile attack on Hawaii Reply with quote

ROCKOROD71 wrote:
I know the conservatives in the room haven't cuz FAKE NEWZ MSM evil!!!111!!! but have any of you other folk watched the Last Week Tonight segment on the American nuclear cache? I think its arguably scarier than North Korea. At least North Korea is developing this stuff, now, and their system probably doesn't rely on 5" floppy disks from the early 80s, a brigade of Air Force regulars who are found asleep at the silo, broken comm infrastructure, etc etc.
That is to say nothing of the tons of nuclear waste that has no where to go and is being stored on site at all the power plants.
Man I bet Einstein is glad he's dead...
Essentially we are on the edge of nuclear disaster 24/7 with or without batshit world leaders with their fingers on the trigger.

I heard a piece one day & the person interviewed stated that because the system was so antiquated, that it wasn't "hackable" because of the lack of connection/compatibility to modern systems & that the 5" floppy discs had to be manually loaded eliminating an offsite threat.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: