Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Van Cafe to merge with Rocky Mountain Westy!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bokonon42
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Van Cafe to merge with Rocky Mountain Westy! Reply with quote

Glad I got my van-cafe sticker not long ago. Be sure to get yours before they're gone!

http://www.van-cafe.com/van-cafe-sticker
drumbum68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Van Cafe to merge with Rocky Mountain Westy! Reply with quote

I kinda feel I have unfinished business with Peter.

The last big order I made, I had told him I would be making about the same order spring '17. Things got put off. Still need to place that order.

What other VW vendor would put $300 of merchandise in the mail before being paid? Not charge cores on promise to be shipped? I could go on.

I Value my Van Cafe hat, T-shirt, and art on request even more.

Best wishes Peter, and to all the Van cafe staff.
Yellow Rabbit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Van Cafe to merge with Rocky Mountain Westy! Reply with quote

I always wanted the option to buy a dozen extra cookies with my order. Laughing Although I’d order from VC cookie or no cookie.
Finagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Van Cafe to merge with Rocky Mountain Westy! Reply with quote

All this talk about their cookies just kills me. I have to give them to my wife. GF and hating it.
Colorado Yeti
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Van Cafe to merge with Rocky Mountain Westy! Reply with quote

While I will miss Van Cafe, I am a frequent customer of RMW and know Mike will do an outstanding job handling the merger. He does everything well. Give them a chance.
photogdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Van Cafe to merge with Rocky Mountain Westy! Reply with quote

Sodo wrote:

The presence of readily available discount options (for the same items) are more important to the customer than expert assistance. The customers call the expert, get all the info, then buy from the discount seller. And they feel OK about it too, its THEIR money to do with as they please. They are voting for how they prefer it. Which is Van Cafe for the free expert assistance, discount seller for the parts. ......for as long as Van Cafe can survive.

This describes my former career in sales of professional camera equipment to a T!
We were a family owned business staffed by former professional photographers, and well regarded for our expertise and "free" advice.
Once the internet got really cooking and big box stores started stocking similar gear it became harder and harder to stay profitable. After gouging us for knowledge the "savvy shopper" would then buy online or at a big box.
This is why I will always support small businesses like Van-Cafe and others that a customer can learn from! Cool

My Westy Movies:
photogdave On Vimeo
photogdave On YouTube

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Royb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:17 am    Post subject: Re: Van Cafe to merge with Rocky Mountain Westy! Reply with quote

Wonderful companies and I’m glad it/ they will continue, although I did like that Van Cafe was in Santa Cruz. Good luck- I’m still trying to save up for those sweet RMW bumpers!
The_Raven
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Van Cafe to merge with Rocky Mountain Westy! Reply with quote

I’m over in Germany and just ordered a set of RMW bumpers for my Doka through Van-Cafe on Friday without having seen this thread. Here it Wednesday and RMW has picked up the order with both them keeping me in the loop on everything. I’ve bought stuff from both spots and they have been awesome in helping me get what I needed and answering my product questions. While I’m going to miss supporting a local business from my old neighborhood, I’m confident RMW will continue what they do best. They’ll be getting more of my money in the months ahead as I finish pimping my truck.
llilibel03
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Van Cafe to merge with Rocky Mountain Westy! Reply with quote

Will the new iteration still sell tiico parts?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
E1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Van Cafe to merge with Rocky Mountain Westy! Reply with quote

photogdave wrote:
This describes my former career in sales of professional camera equipment to a T!
We were a family owned business staffed by former professional photographers, and well regarded for our expertise and "free" advice.
Once the internet got really cooking and big box stores started stocking similar gear it became harder and harder to stay profitable. After gouging us for knowledge the "savvy shopper" would then buy online or at a big box.
This is why I will always support small businesses like Van-Cafe and others that a customer can learn from! Cool

As a lifetime shooter, I hear Ya and used to rag on fellow shooters that if we expect ethics in copyright, then so do our suppliers on this very point.

I personally abhor wasting others' time (money) so I can save a few bucks. Just bad form.

— Colin Chapman
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Van Cafe to merge with Rocky Mountain Westy! Reply with quote

The_Raven wrote:
I’m over in Germany and just ordered a set of RMW bumpers for my Doka through Van-Cafe on Friday without having seen this thread. Here it Wednesday and RMW has picked up the order with both them keeping me in the loop on everything. I’ve bought stuff from both spots and they have been awesome in helping me get what I needed and answering my product questions. While I’m going to miss supporting a local business from my old neighborhood, I’m confident RMW will continue what they do best. They’ll be getting more of my money in the months ahead as I finish pimping my truck.

Nice! That's a really good sign, right there. Cool
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vegpedlr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: Van Cafe to merge with Rocky Mountain Westy! Reply with quote

What about the cute waitress on the VC website? I hope she'll be OK through the merger.

Last edited by vegpedlr on Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
IdahoDoug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Van Cafe to merge with Rocky Mountain Westy! Reply with quote

Good point - she has a great smile!
1987 2WD Wolfsburg Vanagon Weekender "Mango", two fully locked 80 Series LandCruisers. 2017 Subaru Outback boxer. 1990 Audi 90 Quattro 20V with rear locking differential, 1990 burgundy parts Vanagon. 1984 Porsche 944, 1988 Toyota Supra 5 speed targa, 2002 BMW 325iX, 1982 Toyota Sunrader
Syncronoid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Van Cafe to merge with Rocky Mountain Westy! Reply with quote

I will forever miss the picture of the custom painted Bug on the back of the bathroom door at V-C. A classic. Glad I snapped a pic of it last time I was there.
vegpedlr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Van Cafe to merge with Rocky Mountain Westy! Reply with quote

I also hope that Christian keeps doing his cool designs for the swag. I get comments everywhere I go.
dhaavers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Van Cafe to merge with Rocky Mountain Westy! Reply with quote

Syncronoid wrote:
I will forever miss the picture of the custom painted Bug on the back of the bathroom door at V-C. A classic. Glad I snapped a pic of it last time I was there.

Share, plz?

I never made it there & now I never will... Crying or Very sad

- Dave

<EDITED TO PROTECT INNOCENT PIXELS>
MsTaboo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Van Cafe to merge with Rocky Mountain Westy! Reply with quote

Here's one that I almost threw away, it was on the bottom of a box and I didn't see it until I went to cut the box down for recycling.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I have another one, but it's of a blue '67 splity.

The information age has morphed into the age of disinformation and willful ignorance. Agnotology!
Help the fight against Truth Decay.
Defend democracy, support Ukraine.
cmayna
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Van Cafe to merge with Rocky Mountain Westy! Reply with quote

Think I'll run over the hill and bring snaks to the staff of VC before they close. Maybe they will let me take a pic of the bathroom door?? LOL Yes, will miss them.

Craig
Michael4104
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Van Cafe to merge with Rocky Mountain Westy! Reply with quote

bokonon42 wrote:
Glad I got my van-cafe sticker not long ago. Be sure to get yours before they're gone!

http://www.van-cafe.com/van-cafe-sticker

Shipping is $13.xx to ship to Livermore, about 45 miles away.
Syncronoid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Van Cafe to merge with Rocky Mountain Westy! Reply with quote

Not appropriate for display here. PM me your email and I'll share.

dhaavers wrote:
Syncronoid wrote:

Share, plz?

I never made it there & now I never will... Crying or Very sad

- Dave

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Page 7 of 11

Jump to: