Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Would love some Input on a Porsche Carerra I found
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sheayo123
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:06 pm    Post subject: Would love some Input on a Porsche Carerra I found Reply with quote

Just recently I discovered a 911 under a cover with 1998 registration on it, in an Area around Lancaster Ca. I left a letter about this car and never heard back.
So just the other day I decided to go knock on the door and see if I could get some info on this Car since it seems like it had been sitting for nearly 20 years. The man who answered the door happened to be the owner of the car, his name was Brian and he seemed to be happy to talk about it.
He starts by telling me that it is a 1986 Carerra and he had the car shipped here from Germany when it was basicly brand new. Someone in Germany bought it New from the Dealer in 1985 and never drove it. It was then purchased by Brian in 1986 and shipped here. It came with a german registration which he Photocopied before he had to turn it into the dmv for a California registration.
According to Brian this Carerra is the 25th Anniversary Edition of the Carerra and only a Certain number were produced, also that it has a 3.6 which I am still really unsure about.
He then proceeds to tell me that he actually was going to get it Painted and have the Upholstery fixed up. He said he recently had a mechanic take a look at the engine for any issues and he said it checked out okay but it needs new fluids and a tune up.
He told me he would consider selling it to me as is for 9k with clean title and all papers including the photocopied german registration!
We exchanged info and he told me he would be in touch soon with an answer.

Now the reason I am making this post is because I am genuinlly confused.
I take much interest in Air Cooled Porsches and I have read multiple books about them. But when I got home and started researching online I was coming up with no real results on this specific spec
All the 25th Anniversary Porsches I could find were 1989 with 3.2's and had All gray interior or were Cabriolet's
But I know that the striped interior pattern was something they didn't really do on US models so i began trying to find a Carerra with the same interior and came up dry again. There is some sort of Signature in the Headrest but I can't seem to make out what it is??

If anyone has any sort of Input on this Car it would be greatly Appreciated!

I think I found a Gem and hope to be able to bring it back to life as my first 911

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Thank you!
jt912
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: Would love some Input on a Porsche Carerra I found Reply with quote

It might benefit you to do some research using the VIN. Probably will find this isn't a 1988. I would start a search using "1976 signature edition".
Wolfgangdieter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Would love some Input on a Porsche Carerra I found Reply with quote

Here's '88 with same signature on leather seats.

http://www.carplanet.com/porsche/911/1988-Porsche-911-Carrera-Coupe-SignatureEdition.htm

Appears it was a built in 1987 as a '88 Jubilee Commemorative edition-

http://www.ottority.com/en/wall/brand/porsche/model/911-g-type/type/32-carrera
jt912
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Would love some Input on a Porsche Carerra I found Reply with quote

This car looks to have a mix of years. I think '87 has a different dash. Maybe it is a Euro issue? Also the trim shouldn't be silver if it is an '87. Anodizing doesn't flake off so it looks to have been painted. A VIN would nail it down.
Sheayo123
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Would love some Input on a Porsche Carerra I found Reply with quote

Thank you guys for taking time to reply! I am working on getting the VIN so that I can get some legit info on it. In the meantime I found out what the Signature is. It is Ferry Porsche's Signature and The models with this Burgundy Interior are dubbed as the "Ferry Porsche Special Edition" Models. I found the same interior on a 911 SC Coupe, A SC Targa, And a Cabriolet, But no actual Carerra..
Heres a Link for some Photo's

https://www.silverstoneauctions.com/porsche-911-sc

https://www.classicdriver.com/en/car/porsche/911-g/1982/395451

http://s1037.photobucket.com/user/dishmans2/librar...amp;page=2

Hopefully when I get the VIN I can be sure what this car is, But for now it remains a mystery

Thanks for the Input
AXAM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Would love some Input on a Porsche Carerra I found Reply with quote

Nice fine. If you elect not to purchase it. I may be interested.
Thank you
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JulesD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Would love some Input on a Porsche Carerra I found Reply with quote

Yup, the interior tells it. Its a 1982 ferry porsche edition with a repaint. They were all meteor gray w burgundy. 15" fuchs wheels. They made 200, of which most were coupes. Car looks clapped out, like it has 200k miles on it. You will spend 25k easily to make it nice, interior stuff is next to impossible to find for these. Cool find tho, there is a ferry targa for sale in the classifieds.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ALANSD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: Would love some Input on a Porsche Carerra I found Reply with quote

if you have deep pockets this looks like a great project
moosec
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: Would love some Input on a Porsche Carerra I found Reply with quote

I realize this is an old post but curious what, if anything, ever came of this car? This is an interesting car
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Would love some Input on a Porsche Carerra I found Reply with quote

the car is still worth 9 grand if you get it with a title, all day long.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: