Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wings (Fenders to most of you) pictures please
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Demian_S
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SplitPersonality wrote:
HeSa wrote:
Hi Lee, you say you found a set of original std split front fenders. Congrats! Not easy. How ever IŽd start by studying the wheel opening. Confirming the originality of deluxe fenders is easy. If they have the original holes for the round horn grills you are safe. But stds might be a but trickier. IŽd assume they were without horn grill openings way beyond splits yet had the metal cable conduits. HereŽs a pic of the difference in the measurements. Left is a Split / Oval fender. Right a metal cable conduit fender that is probably 58 or 59. The refrence is the tip of the molding - you have to figure out how to find that same point from your std.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

This old thread never looses its importance. Did "we" ever define exactly when this pictured change occured? When one went from "low edge" to "high edge"...the most significant change on Beetle fenders ever...

This is my -53 oval fender. OG paint car, both fenders are the same. The same "low edge" as split.

Does anyone have an untouched -54 or -55 with original fenders??
MickeW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Wings (Fenders to most of you) pictures please Reply with quote

Hi Demian, I have a 1954 with original fenders. Call me.
Demian_S
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:51 am    Post subject: Re: Wings (Fenders to most of you) pictures please Reply with quote

Micke, I took some pictures on Martins -55

It has the low egde fenders.

I also took some pictures on two untouched, 58-59. They have low edge fenders on the left side, but high edge fenders on the right side. But the low edge fenders have the new style headlight bucket with two pressings.

1951 split

1958-59

1958-59

1958-59 right side
fusca66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demian_S wrote:
SplitPersonality wrote:
HeSa wrote:
Hi Lee, you say you found a set of original std split front fenders. Congrats! Not easy. How ever IŽd start by studying the wheel opening. Confirming the originality of deluxe fenders is easy. If they have the original holes for the round horn grills you are safe. But stds might be a but trickier. IŽd assume they were without horn grill openings way beyond splits yet had the metal cable conduits. HereŽs a pic of the difference in the measurements. Left is a Split / Oval fender. Right a metal cable conduit fender that is probably 58 or 59. The refrence is the tip of the molding - you have to figure out how to find that same point from your std.

This old thread never looses its importance. Did "we" ever define exactly when this pictured change occured? When one went from "low edge" to "high edge"...the most significant change on Beetle fenders ever...

This is my -53 oval fender. OG paint car, both fenders are the same. The same "low edge" as split.

Does anyone have an untouched -54 or -55 with original fenders??

Great topic.
The rear fender have difference in the measurements of the 1951 and newer models in width?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dr.D.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject: rear split fenders - Right side in stock Reply with quote

Hello together,
I am happy to be able to offer rear right Split fenders to original specs, dies and parts reengineered and made in Germany by Blech-Manufaktur. Made from galvanized steel original thickness and phosphated and dipcoated. I have invested in 4 die operations for each side (drawing, flanging of the inner edge, flanging of the outer edge and hemming up the outer edge). Each fender reengineered from an original part (thanks to my friends especially Frank for supplying the very nice samples to chose from), so the right one has the exact geometry of the Original right and the left one from the Original left - no symmetric mirroring of the datasets.
Right rear fenders in stock, left ones in progress. Please find my ad "rear split fender right side 1938-1952" in the classifieds section. Thanks for looking!
Aircooled greetings
Dirk
bally
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Wings (Fenders to most of you) pictures please Reply with quote

Nice work Dirk; I'm sure they'll prove popular!
Dace
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: