Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

July 51 Type 15A Karmann Kabriolet – it’s a bit of a project
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bally
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:16 am    Post subject: Re: July 51 Type 15A Karmann Kabriolet – it’s a bit of a project Reply with quote

Thanks Nancy - it's good to make some progress and even better to document it - it makes me realise I have been making some progress, however slow!

Next item on the agenda is to make the Klassic Fab Heater channels into Kabriolet ones and this includes the wiring tube. I had assumed that the tube comes out of the side of the heater channel under the rear seats as in the Hebs pictured earlier in this thread. When in HO this year I noticed Hanss' car (in the Travel agents) had the wiring loom coming up through the top of the heater channel behind the rear quarter/under the rear seat and this seems to confirm it:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Pic borrowed from the internet.

Can anyone confirm this is the case please and maybe give me dimensions to locate it (like back from the heater inlet hole into the heater channel for instance?).

Many thanks, Dave
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Böm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: July 51 Type 15A Karmann Kabriolet – it’s a bit of a project Reply with quote

I am reading this thread with great interest. After recently having finished a -51 split limo I have just jumped on a -51 convertible project. Took these photos which I hope will further clarify the position of the wiring tube outlet.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bally
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: July 51 Type 15A Karmann Kabriolet – it’s a bit of a project Reply with quote

Thanks Bom - that's exactly what I needed - thank you very much.

I hope your 51 is in a little better condition!

Cheers,

Dave
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Böm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:44 am    Post subject: Re: July 51 Type 15A Karmann Kabriolet – it’s a bit of a project Reply with quote

Maybe slightly better than yours Dave but still ”it’s a bit of a project”

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bally
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: July 51 Type 15A Karmann Kabriolet – it’s a bit of a project Reply with quote

That looks pretty complete: a good base to start from. Congratulations!
fusca66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:40 am    Post subject: Re: July 51 Type 15A Karmann Kabriolet – it’s a bit of a project Reply with quote

Hi Dave, great project, this is giving work for you but it will be worth the effort, plus a split saved.
Congrats
Sp2 1972 1700cc

Na duvida não ultrapasse
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bally
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: July 51 Type 15A Karmann Kabriolet – it’s a bit of a project Reply with quote

Thank you; it's taking a little longer than I'd hoped but I'll get there one day 😃
bally
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:34 am    Post subject: Re: July 51 Type 15A Karmann Kabriolet – it’s a bit of a project Reply with quote

This is not a post I ever thought I would be making but following our big move across the globe and the challenges that has brought I accepted an offer on my Kab and it is now on its way to its new owner. I hope they'll pick up this thread at an appropriate time or link to their own thread should they prefer to start a new one. I know it is in extremely good hands and will be finished to a very high standard, far quicker than I would have been able to do. I'm very sad to see it go but looking forward to following its progress and catching up with it again on the road where it belongs.

Thanks for all the help and advice people have given me over the years.

Cheers, Dave

66brm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:53 am    Post subject: Re: July 51 Type 15A Karmann Kabriolet – it’s a bit of a project Reply with quote

Sold locally?

modok wrote:
I am an expert at fitting things in holes, been doing it a long time
bally
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:03 am    Post subject: Re: July 51 Type 15A Karmann Kabriolet – it’s a bit of a project Reply with quote

No, it is continuing its world tour and is back on the ocean...
Rich's 50
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: July 51 Type 15A Karmann Kabriolet – it’s a bit of a project Reply with quote

Thanks Dave,

Still collecting some stuff and i'll restart this topic again Very Happy
Rich's 50
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: July 51 Type 15A Karmann Kabriolet – it’s a bit of a project Reply with quote

Well it's starting up again soon Very Happy It got picked saturday to start up to get a new metal face lift
bally
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: July 51 Type 15A Karmann Kabriolet – it’s a bit of a project Reply with quote

Most excellent news Rich 😊😊👍😎
Bendango
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: July 51 Type 15A Karmann Kabriolet – it’s a bit of a project Reply with quote

Rich's 50 wrote:
Well it's starting up again soon Very Happy It got picked saturday to start up to get a new metal face lift

This is going to be good.

WANTED - [WTB] 55-62 Bus Thin Lip Package Tray SWR

Getting Used - SWR 60 westy copy built by vw ( apparently Rolling Eyes )
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=320866

Braukuche wrote:
Where did you find the elephant dick?
tisius
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:10 am    Post subject: Re: July 51 Type 15A Karmann Kabriolet – it’s a bit of a project Reply with quote

Go for it!
Popcorn
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rich's 50
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: July 51 Type 15A Karmann Kabriolet – it’s a bit of a project Reply with quote

Dropped the 51 convertible to one of the best welders and Fabricators I know

bally
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: July 51 Type 15A Karmann Kabriolet – it’s a bit of a project Reply with quote

Its going to be epic!
Rich's 50
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: July 51 Type 15A Karmann Kabriolet – it’s a bit of a project Reply with quote

bally wrote:
Its going to be epic!

Cheers 🍻 I’m going to do my best
bally
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: July 51 Type 15A Karmann Kabriolet – it’s a bit of a project Reply with quote

Rich's 50 wrote:
bally wrote:
Its going to be epic!

Cheers 🍻 I’m going to do my best

Then we know it will, indeed, be EPIC! Your best is very good indeed!
c-rad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: July 51 Type 15A Karmann Kabriolet – it’s a bit of a project Reply with quote

epic build, keep the pics coming!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Jump to:
Page 8 of 18

Jump to: