Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1995 Jetta questions
Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
brianbernal71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:03 am    Post subject: 1995 Jetta questions Reply with quote

Hey all, a local guy is selling a 95 Jetta for $400. Car looks decent from the outside and has 166k original miles, but it has some problems. I've been a vw guy for years, but mostly air cooled. Supposedly the car had no relays, fuses or ignition, but this guy said he fixed all that, but now it's not running. I'm not looking for a major project, I don't have the time, looking for a driver for my soon to be 16 year old daughter. Just wondering if the price makes this car worth the hassle?
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: 1995 Jetta questions Reply with quote

Without knowing your skillset or overall condition of vehicle I'd suggest keeping it cheap so that if you can't fix it, you won't lose your ass on it. Without being able to start it, you'll be relying on the previous owner's assessment that it was a good running car, what about the transmission, the climate control, wheel bearings, & brakes for instance? Current crush value is in the $150-$200 range

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Butcher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: 1995 Jetta questions Reply with quote

brianbernal71 wrote:
I'm not looking for a major project

I would keep looking. It could be something real easy, but if your luck is anything like mine, it will not be.

Like TDCTDI mentioned, you have no clue what the rest of the vehicle is like since it's not running.

Free might be too much.
volksworld
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 1995 Jetta questions Reply with quote

seen plenty of cars with the relays scrambled...most of the relays use the same pattern and the box has the extra holes so they can easily be put in the wrong spot...sounds like he bought it cheap to flip it and cant figure it out...or disabled the ignition so you cant hear the knock...the last $500 jetta i went to look at had a broken timing belt and the owner" had no idea"
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: