Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Sad day, Sold my Syncro.
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
whynotvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject: Sad day, Sold my Syncro. Reply with quote

I just Sold my Syncro yesterday and it was hard seeing it go. This van was like part of the family. I had so many good memories. Met lot of good people in the vanagon community. My kids were sad to see it go as well. Just wanted to say thanks to all the kind people here and all the great people I met at Syncrofest.

Thanks again
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
photogdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Sad day, Sold my Syncro. Reply with quote

It was good to meet you at Syncrofest and see all the great mods to your van in person. Hope you got a good price!
Good luck and don't be a stranger.

My Westy Movies:
photogdave On Vimeo
photogdave On YouTube

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Team WorldTour
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Sad day, Sold my Syncro. Reply with quote

Buy why? Shocked
WV2ZZZ25ZFH094138(x)/ WV2YB0257LH057308(x)/ WV2ZZZ25ZLG113270/
"Where am I going? And what am I doing in this handbasket?" -Nicodemus Jordan
When All Else Fails: Lather, Rinse, Repeat!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jon_slider
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Sad day, Sold my Syncro. Reply with quote

whynotvw wrote:
so many good memories.

Congrats on both the awesome memories, and for finding a good home for your Syncro.

Im sure your camping adventures will continue to build new memories with your new basecamp vehicle.

I enjoyed meeting you too
Happy Camping!

oh, and, I think it would be cool if you could, post some of your Vanlife pics to this thread.. please Smile

Team WorldTour wrote:
Buy why? Shocked

because he bought a Sprinter, and money talks

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=655026
whynotvw wrote:
I just bought 2007 sprinter sportsmobile to flip but after driving it around for a week I'm thinking I should sell my syncro. I can't keep both. I have offer of $55k for the sprinter and $60k offer for my syncro. Tough decision.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by Jon_slider on Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steve M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Sad day, Sold my Syncro. Reply with quote

Don't worry, we'll tow your Sprinter out when you get stuck! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Best of Luck and high mileage to you!

There are seven days in a week. Someday is not one of them.
Bassyaks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Sad day, Sold my Syncro. Reply with quote

Flip that sprinter and get a Revel MB sprinter than you have something.

candyman
Samba Trout Slayer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Sad day, Sold my Syncro. Reply with quote

Check back with updates every 6 mos to help satisfy our curiousity. I know when I sold my last syncro westy I regretted it within a few months. I sold it to get a fifth wheel tho so way more regrettable than a sprinter. It took me 3 years to get back into one and I had to convert a 2wd to syncro to get it. Dont get me wrong, Im all for the sprinter, just curious if it will be a regrettable decision like I made before. Good luck with the new toy it looks amazin and perfect size too!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Pinetops
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Sad day, Sold my Syncro. Reply with quote

That sprinter is sweet, congrats.
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Sad day, Sold my Syncro. Reply with quote

whynotvw wrote:
I just Sold my Syncro yesterday and it was hard seeing it go. This van was like part of the family. I had so many good memories. Met lot of good people in the vanagon community. My kids were sad to see it go as well. Just wanted to say thanks to all the kind people here and all the great people I met at Syncrofest.

Thanks again

Good job thinning the herd. It’s just a car.

As long as there is attachment to things that are
unstable, unreliable, changing and impermanent,
there will be suffering.

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
pnwkayaker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: Sad day, Sold my Syncro. Reply with quote

I went to the thread referenced below and it seems he actually sold that Sprinter on May 2016 - did he buy another one afterwards?

Too sad he sold the Syncro though, it was truly beautiful.

Jon_slider wrote:

because he bought a Sprinter, and money talks

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=655026
whynotvw wrote:
I just bought 2007 sprinter sportsmobile to flip but after driving it around for a week I'm thinking I should sell my syncro. I can't keep both. I have offer of $55k for the sprinter and $60k offer for my syncro. Tough decision.

Seattle Meetup at Marymoor (link)
A collection of Simple Useful Mods (SUM) (link)
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: Sad day, Sold my Syncro. Reply with quote

If he got 50k bucks for his Synchro I am warmed with the fuzzy glow of capitalism working well. Well done and enjoy your new ride!
elizer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Sad day, Sold my Syncro. Reply with quote

In his old post he said someone offered him 60k for his syncro. If someone offered me that they would see me in the rear view waving.

For some reason 50k I would have to really think about it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: