Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fram Filter Install Question
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
hutmo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject: Fram Filter Install Question Reply with quote

01/14/2018

I just purchased a a Fram (Flat 4) filter for my Okrasa engine.

What would be the best way to hang the bracket? Drill and bolt from inside the fan housing I am assuming. plastic lined lock nuts or lock-tite on threads?

Thanks
Chris

Samba Member #1115
Joined Feb 6, 2002
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MeeferMadness
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Fram Filter Install Question Reply with quote

I had nuts welded to a sheet metal plate then spot welded to the inside of the fan housing
Bruce
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mkbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Fram Filter Install Question Reply with quote

Consider using longer bolts and go through the whole fan shroud. This way you aren't relying on just the front sheet metal of the shroud but both front and back. The bolts would have to be about 2 inches long...guessing without a shroud in front of me.

My Build: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=667183
6T5 square
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Fram Filter Install Question Reply with quote

Hey Hutton- who did you order the kit through? The flat four site won't direct me to a price list.

Quoting John Muir -- Open the rear boot. Get out the stool and sit down. Contemplate the air-cooled beauty before you. - How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive -- Step-By-Step Procedures for the Compleat Idiot
hutmo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: Fram Filter Install Question Reply with quote

6T5 square wrote:
Hey Hutton- who did you order the kit through? The flat four site won't direct me to a price list.

CB Performance
https://www.cbperformance.com/product-p/1699.htm

Samba Member #1115
Joined Feb 6, 2002
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: