Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

No more classic cars brought into state
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: No more classic cars brought into state Reply with quote

As long as there is one state in the union and the federal laws stay as they are they can not ban combustion engines. If your car is legal in your state you can take it to any other state.

What they could do is ban you from the main freeway and make a little dirt road for you and force you to drive on that which would effectively be the same as that road may be covered in horse shit. You get the idea.
5% Off your order with coupon code: 5%OFF
Restored Distributors Available (<--Click here)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: No more classic cars brought into state Reply with quote

One of the best decisions I made in my life was to leave California in the early 90's like so many others. This included 100's of businesses and manufacturers that tired of California's politicians, their taxes and regulations.

Of course, I had to wait a few weeks for U-haul to get trucks back into the state. So many people were leaving, U-haul couldn't keep trucks in California.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
61 BUS Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: No more classic cars brought into state Reply with quote

I moved from the People's Republic of California to Arizona back in the late '80's, and never looked back......I love it here.
Helfen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: No more classic cars brought into state Reply with quote

bluebus86 wrote:
Zundfolge1432 wrote:
I think it’s hilarious that people would worry about some imagined bogey man twenty plus years down the road. The sky is falling, the sky is falling.....

I think it is sad that someone can ignore what the government is stating they want to do. Didnt work out so well for millions in the late 1930s for many in the home nation of our Bugs

The thing that gets me is these laws wont go into effect until long after the folks that instigate them are out of office.

Bug On, Fight for our Love of our Bugs!

The biggest problem the people in Ca. face is the 51% majority to pass legislation. If a certain State's political party controls the executive, both houses of the legislature and the judicial branches of government which they do in Ca., then your opinion or opinion of your party or opposing party has no say. It used to be in Ca. that you could only pass legislation with 2/3 vote. This was fair enough for the opposition to block really unreasonable legislation, but today with 51% vote of the legislature these ridiculous laws get passed. This was the main reason I left Ca. Since then there have many more crazy laws that have been passed. I feel sorry for those that live there, it was a beautiful place to live.
Helfen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: No more classic cars brought into state Reply with quote

Ford is Piling on too.
Ford plans to increase its investment in electrification to $11 billion by 2022, increasing its original pledge of $4.5 billion, says Executive Chairman Bill Ford.
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: No more classic cars brought into state Reply with quote

The SEMA Action Network
This is the Political Arm of the Specialty Equipment Manufacturers Association.
Their job is to insure that any widget that EMPI or vendors like EMPI wants to sell to the motoring public can be sold to the motoring public without the government getting in the way.
These are the same idiots that where assuring everyone last year that the Government was going to come and take your race car.
Also a few years ago they were saying California was going to ban Black Cars!
All I can think of is when Trans Am, Camaro and Corvettes all had less than 200HP because of SMOG laws,
Funny thing was when Germany got the same SMOG laws, all of a sudden the Manufactures in Germany not only solved the SMOG issues, they solved tuning issues,
and started the latest greatest most potent HP wars of all time.
So excuse me if I don’t swallow this Mouth Breathing Conservative Bull Shit being spread in this thread.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Helfen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: No more classic cars brought into state Reply with quote

Raj Nair, president of Ford North America, explained that the manufacturing team is working to develop 16 fully battery electric vehicles by 2022 and 24 hybrid and plug-in vehicles — for a total of 40 electrified vehicles.
Jim Farley, executive vice president and president of Ford global markets, said the issue of electrification is about social responsibility and defining what's possible. "For us, it's not just compliance. We want to make a statement about the company."
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: No more classic cars brought into state Reply with quote

wheel607 wrote:
MOVE!!!!!

Yepper. Laughing

chrisflstf wrote:
The politurds in california are determined to turn it into a Shit Hole state

Fixed it for ya....

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
kamzcab86
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: No more classic cars brought into state Reply with quote

Official press release announcement from the bill's author:

Quote:
SACRAMENTO – Governor Brown set a goal for California to have 1.5 million zero emissions vehicles on the road by 2025, and our state’s climate change prevention policies project the need for 5 million zero emissions vehicles by 2030. Introduced today by Assemblymember Phil Ting, AB 1745, the Clean Cars 2040 Act, will set the next critical goal for California by requiring all new passenger vehicles sold after January 1, 2040 to be zero emissions.

“California has long led the nation in promoting environmental protection and public health through visionary policies and technological innovations,” said Assemblymember Ting (D-San Francisco), and author of the legislation. “It’s time that we clear the path for emissions-free transportation and take significant steps to achieve our ambitious emissions reduction goals. AB 1745 does just that by requiring that all new cars registered in the State of California –after January 1, 2040 – be zero emissions vehicles.
As introduced, AB 1745 requires all new passenger vehicles to be zero emissions vehicles after January 1, 2040. For the purposes of the bill, zero emissions vehicles cannot produce exhaust emissions of any criteria pollutant or greenhouse gas under any operational mode or condition. The bill does not apply to large commercial vehicles (larger than 10,000 pounds) and does not apply to vehicles owned by people moving into California from other states.

https://a19.asmdc.org/press-releases/20180103-assemblymember-ting-introduces-clean-cars-2040

As you can see, Ting himself says nothing about banning the registration of old/classic vehicles. That said, and given it's California we're talking about, I'm sure that text will be worked into it when they start discussing the bill.
2016 Golf GTI S
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." - 孔子
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Helfen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: No more classic cars brought into state Reply with quote

[quote="kawfee"]As long as there is one state in the union and the federal laws stay as they are they can not ban combustion engines. If your car is legal in your state you can take it to any other state.

Technically you are correct but there is also a legal showdown to be had for sure but for now cities and now the state of Ca. are sanctuary cities or a sanctuary state. That is illegal but the fact is the showdown hasn't occurred yet and they keep ( CA. ) inforcing their own rules.. So just like the defiance of sanctuary cities the state of Ca. will ban IC engines. Time for the Feds to exercise their federal legal right.
Helfen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: No more classic cars brought into state Reply with quote

Quote:
SACRAMENTO – Governor Brown set a goal for California to have 1.5 million zero emissions vehicles on the road by 2025, and our state’s climate change prevention policies project the need for 5 million zero emissions vehicles by 2030. Introduced today by Assemblymember Phil Ting, AB 1745, the Clean Cars 2040 Act, will set the next critical goal for California by requiring all new passenger vehicles sold after January 1, 2040 to be zero emissions.

“California has long led the nation in promoting environmental protection and public health through visionary policies and technological innovations,” said Assemblymember Ting (D-San Francisco), and author of the legislation. “It’s time that we clear the path for emissions-free transportation and take significant steps to achieve our ambitious emissions reduction goals. AB 1745 does just that by requiring that all new cars registered in the State of California –after January 1, 2040 – be zero emissions vehicles.
As introduced, AB 1745 requires all new passenger vehicles to be zero emissions vehicles after January 1, 2040. For the purposes of the bill, zero emissions vehicles cannot produce exhaust emissions of any criteria pollutant or greenhouse gas under any operational mode or condition. The bill does not apply to large commercial vehicles (larger than 10,000 pounds) and does not apply to vehicles owned by people moving into California from other states.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So after Ca. has gone to so called zero emissions on new vehicles, the remaining cars will still need their smog checks and with all the monies out there for these stations it's no wonder why the current smog legislations says that the state can bring all cars with exhaust controls ( 1966-current vehicles ) especially those that are currently exempt ( 1966-1975) which by law still must have their emission equipment on the vehicle and working to be brought into the smog testing program again. They are hell bent one way or another to get those old cars off the road.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: No more classic cars brought into state Reply with quote

pretty simple....vote with your wallet. don't buy an electric car....no demand, no production.

honestly, CA really should just secede, period. some of the crap they come up with is just unreal....

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: