Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

So I bought a Super Beetle...
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
rustfree1967bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: So I bought a Super Beetle... Reply with quote

What was the asking price on the white one? And i have seen the bumperless light blue beetle around driven by a young guy. I've seen it sitting in the lot at west high school, we've waved a few times but would be nice to meet him also.
'66 sunroof beetle
'74 bus
'67 so-42

IDA's...well... they talk dirty -MURZI
SuperGregg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: So I bought a Super Beetle... Reply with quote

rustfree1967bug wrote:
What was the asking price on the white one? And i have seen the bumperless light blue beetle around driven by a young guy. I've seen it sitting in the lot at west high school, we've waved a few times but would be nice to meet him also.

I've seen it parked at the Kwik Trip in Upper North, I'll have to stop and say hi if I see him again.

The white one was $3k. Not a bad deal either.
Buggeee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: So I bought a Super Beetle... Reply with quote

I am amazed.that you got that clean car in Minnesota for 3 grand. What a great find. What am I busting my knuckes for? Lol. Enjoy your new ride, it's a cream puff in the North for sure.
SnowDaySyncro wrote:
Every setback is an opportunity to learn stuff and to buy new tools.
SuperGregg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: So I bought a Super Beetle... Reply with quote

Buggeee wrote:
I am amazed.that you got that clean car in Minnesota for 3 grand. What a great find. What am I busting my knuckes for? Lol. Enjoy your new ride, it's a cream puff in the North for sure.

You're telling me... Every day I see it, I'm like damn, that's three grand reasonably spent.
legbuh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: So I bought a Super Beetle... Reply with quote

Late to the party but I'm a Mankato guy too (a few miles south actually). I remember seeing that on CL.. I think they were asking 5k. I talked to them and found out it was an autostick and thought..hmmm... not sure. I remember it was on CL, then not, them back on.

3k I would have jumped on it. Smile I also noticed the paint job and the rubber painted. Not a deal breaker but does lend itself to a quickie paint job.

BTW, if you ever see me I'll be in either a river blue super convertible or 64 dark red maroonish slammed beetle or white a Mk1 scirocco. Smile Looking for a bus but I'm waiting until (hopefully) the prices aren't so over inflated.

Also have a newer Golf R but that's not nearly as interesting as the older VWs. Smile Hope to make it to a vw club meeting too some time!
legbuh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: So I bought a Super Beetle... Reply with quote

And now she's for sale already on CL. Smile
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: