Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What gauges are you running?
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
raser05
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject: What gauges are you running? Reply with quote

I have an 1835 in my 66 and want to keep an eye on the vitals while driving...as of now I have a vdo oil pressure and oil temp gauge.. I have room for 1 more and was hoping to monitor the cylinder head temp... vdo part number 310901... but I cant find that part anywhere.. did they discontinue them? I searched ebay and found the wire harness for it but no gauges.. is there a different brand I can run or should I just throw in a volt meter?
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: What gauges are you running? Reply with quote

raser05 wrote:
I have an 1835 in my 66 and want to keep an eye on the vitals while driving...as of now I have a vdo oil pressure and oil temp gauge.. I have room for 1 more and was hoping to monitor the cylinder head temp... vdo part number 310901... but I cant find that part anywhere.. did they discontinue them? I searched ebay and found the wire harness for it but no gauges.. is there a different brand I can run or should I just throw in a volt meter?

The VDO CHT gauges are NLA. Or so I have read. You can check out some of the aircraft parts websites and find a CHT gauge. THose are super important in an airplane engine. Not so much on something that runs on the ground.<<<My opinion.

Instead of the volt meter. I have a tach in my gauge cluster mounted in the radio opening.

Good Luck.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
Eric&Barb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: What gauges are you running? Reply with quote

Put up a "WTB" ad in the classifieds.

Look up local automobile swap meets to go hunting for parts at.
Eric&Barb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: What gauges are you running? Reply with quote

Here is a fun website to dig thru for new gauges:

https://www.egauges.com/
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: