Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

barrel/cylinder head mating surface
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shikkapow
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject: barrel/cylinder head mating surface Reply with quote

I'm still plugging away with my 1776 build and have a question about the cylinder head and top of the barrel mating surface. Is there supposed to be a gap between the two? These are torqued to about 7 pounds.

I also noticed that the head studs are in the wrong spot (one long one is in front of the port so I have to swap it) Rolling Eyes how hard is it to pull a stud with the cylinders in place? or do you have to take the cylinders off to pull the studs?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
[/img]
jfats808
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: barrel/cylinder head mating surface Reply with quote

Double lock nut it and they screw out. Unless someone put lock tite then it's a little tougher. Where's the sealant under the barrels? Don't forget the butterfly or type 3 tins when setting the head stud torque.

Also standard practice is to have at least 1 to 2 threads past the nut, referring to your main studs. A non nylon locknut will work in their place.

Rockstar Suzuki wrote:

You might as well put 10 year build in your bullshit sig, as it will NEVER run. Also your a dick

You can always learn something new, even from a fool.
Check your oil levels routinely!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Shikkapow
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: barrel/cylinder head mating surface Reply with quote

I figured it was just a double jam nut and back out, just wanted to confirm.
I just took this pic to show the gap from the top of the cylinders to the bottom of the heads. this side is just resting and not even ready to go, I was just checking the clearance. (no rod tubes in place either).

I didnt realize until the other side was already torqued down that I
A. had the gap on the cylinders and
B. had the long studs in the wrong spot and covered the intake.
bugguy1967
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: barrel/cylinder head mating surface Reply with quote

That space is supposed to be there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jg405i
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: barrel/cylinder head mating surface Reply with quote

should the cylinders fit into the case tight ?
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: barrel/cylinder head mating surface Reply with quote

no
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: