Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

HELP !! I need a 17mm.. at the VW Classic !!!
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
63 vwnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: HELP !! I need a 17mm.. at the VW Classic !!! Reply with quote

I think i need tranny fluid, but i dont have the allen wrench.. anyone going to the classic and coming from riverside, inland empire that can meet up and allow me the use of tools for a second, i really dont want to chance the drive in..

I will check the post again in the morning...

or call me 951 712 9425

thanx,
rob
sovereignsamba
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

an allen wrench is only a few $$
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
63 vwnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea, i few dollars aint jack but i was trying to make the trek in the morning hours and nothing was open until after 8, and trying to come by a 17mm allen wrench isnt easy..

all is well i removed it filled her up and made it easy.
glutamodo Premium Member
The Android

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, if you have a bucket of old metric hardware, you can get a bolt with a 17mm head on it, and "double-nut" the other end, and use that to loosen that fill plug with a socket - Or you can even just grab the bolt with a vice-grip, if you don't care about ruining the threads.

andy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sovereignsamba
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaah yeah, i've been there. Try finding a throttle cable on a sunday. It's impossible, unless a friend has a spare one.
abdon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next time if you have vice-grips, take out one of the bolts holding the engine and use that as an allen wrench.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: