Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

BugOut 82 - Sept 2nd 2018 - Mooresville, NC
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
DerrickfromNC1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject: BugOut 82 - Sept 2nd 2018 - Mooresville, NC Reply with quote

New location scheduled for BugOut 82. Moving to Mooresville, NC.....practically in my backyard. I’ve been driving 5hrs plus since BugOut 1 when it was in Manassa Va......now my wife and I can take both our air coolers.

[Admin Note: http://www.bug-outs.com/]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Labor Day BugOut 82 Reply with quote

Should be just as bad as the last 3 places it has been in Virginia. Credit for time served, yes, but there are better, even in your neighborhood. I have been going also since the beginning and it appears to be run by 16 year olds and people who really don't care. Again, credit for time served....but I will not miss this one when it finally goes. It was at its best in Petersburg.....new start, good facilities, and some people that cared. What about Farmington??
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:15 am    Post subject: Re: Labor Day BugOut 82 Reply with quote

guess they are drifting further and further south to piggy back off the success of the current shows down there...

petersburg was a hike in itself to make it a one days worth of driving and a show (7-1/2-8hrs round trip)...
Show/race is just not worth adding in a hotel stay to the mix, especially on a holiday weekend..

What went wrong with the new Dominion speedway location?
That looked promising
DerrickfromNC1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:24 am    Post subject: Re: Labor Day BugOut 82 Reply with quote

What went wrong with the new Dominion speedway location?
That looked promising

Still waiting on the DragStrip to be finished!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DerrickfromNC1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Labor Day BugOut 82 Reply with quote

Whose going to #82?
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Labor Day BugOut 82 Reply with quote

is this show happening? i can't find any info on it.
Jennepher Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Labor Day BugOut 82 Reply with quote

hazetguy wrote:
is this show happening? i can't find any info on it.

They are running a show banner here. It links to:
http://www.bug-outs.com/

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
If your post begins "I know this is against the rules but..." just stop typing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Labor Day BugOut 82 Reply with quote

Thanks for the info.
Yowza on the swap vendor pricing. Shocked
airb4water
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: BugOut 82 - Sept 2nd 2018 - Mooresville, NC Reply with quote

Before anyone decides not to come to Mooresville several individuals have put together a few events for Sat. Sept 1st. We have made arrangements with The Pit to offer discounts on their go kart rides ( $15 instead of the normal $24) laser tag for $6.25 instead of $8.50) Cards will be handed out at The Pit around 4pm to identify those with the VW families. Also at 7PM Hotshots will have parking set aside for a VW Cruise-In. When we get the flyer printed I'll see if I can post it on the show forum. Hope to see you in Mooresville. BTW Mooresville Dragway is one of the fastest tracks in the region. The IVWA hosted a show there in the 90's with a huge turnout.
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:17 am    Post subject: Re: BugOut 82 - Sept 2nd 2018 - Mooresville, NC Reply with quote

Promoter (Less) is only here because he is promoting his buggy business that is close by. This show has been bad for several years....for many different reasons. Don't blame it on facilities problems.....it has been a true lack of leadership. Other shows in this area don't seem to have the same problems....I wonder why??? I went to this show and followed it around Virginia for close to 30 years, so I do have something to compare it to.
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:24 am    Post subject: Re: BugOut 82 - Sept 2nd 2018 - Mooresville, NC Reply with quote

Moving the show so far south away from the Delmarva area that it has catered to for over 30yrs is ridiculous.

Certainly not worth a 3 day weekend, 2 of which would be full driving days.
Add the cost of hotels in..

Far better ways to spend $300-500 and 3 days.

they've lost my, and my group of companions I bring along, loyalty to the shows former fame, which is now become lame..in my personal opinion.

others may feel differently who reside further south.
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:21 am    Post subject: Re: BugOut 82 - Sept 2nd 2018 - Mooresville, NC Reply with quote

Who went? What was the new "newer" venue like?
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:21 am    Post subject: Re: BugOut 82 - Sept 2nd 2018 - Mooresville, NC Reply with quote

Who went? What was the new "newer" venue like?
DerrickfromNC1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: BugOut 82 - Sept 2nd 2018 - Mooresville, NC Reply with quote

Turned out better than I expected with the lack of comments and the few negative ones here regarding the BugOut. The Mooresville facility is basically a smaller version of the Farmington facility. Same problem with lack of consession options.
Good crowd for a first time here as Mooresville, however not very many ProStock cars showed up.

It can only get better from here. I would just assume they do one event in Petersburg and one here in Mooresville.
Touch Nicks Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: BugOut 82 - Sept 2nd 2018 - Mooresville, NC Reply with quote

DerrickfromNC1 wrote:
Turned out better than I expected with the lack of comments and the few negative ones here regarding the BugOut. The Mooresville facility is basically a smaller version of the Farmington facility. Same problem with lack of consession options.
Good crowd for a first time here as Mooresville, however not very many ProStock cars showed up.

It can only get better from here. I would just assume they do one event in Petersburg and one here in Mooresville.

This show has happened 82 times, shouldn't they be past the "it can only get better part?"
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: