Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Getting a Eurovan
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting a Eurovan Reply with quote

Another pitch for the MV/Weekender interior is that in addition to the rear bench seat folding down, it also can be slid all the way forward. This opens up a ton of space in the rear cargo area for hauling stuff. Here's a load I took to the dump, which would've been a little awkward if I hadn't of had a sliding seat. I just love this interior configuration

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
Roby466
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting a Eurovan Reply with quote

MVlaska, thanks for the great info!!!

That 1999 is a great looking one but with 4 kids I want all seats facing forward so I want to stay away from the MV. I know it's a really cool one with the interior flexibility but I fear the kids will complain...

I have two looking backwards right now in the allroad with 3rd row and they complain of motion sickness sometimes...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Roby466
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Getting a Eurovan Reply with quote

I'm continuing the search.
I am waiting for underside pictures of the 2002, and I am also waiting for news from a 2003 silver GLS with good service record and a 2003 green with slightly more mileage but the carfax says the transmission has been replaced by the dealer since they have had it for sale...
It looks like there are some nice ones out there I think.
Here are the links in case you are curious:
2002 with great service (spoke to the shop who maintained)
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehiclede...e1=EUROVAN

2003 with good service too

and the 2003 with new gearbox
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
greenlaker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting a Eurovan Reply with quote

Zeitgeist 13 wrote:

Nice M-B W124, what is it? I have a white '92 400E in my fleet (aka the old man-mobile).
'92 Mercedes-Benz 400E
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting a Eurovan Reply with quote

That's a '90 300D, and around the corner is an '87 300TD with the engine from a '99 E300D and the suspension and brakes from a V12 SL600. I love love love the 124. That's a 124 front bumper inside the EV.

y u rune klassik?
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: Getting a Eurovan Reply with quote

Roby466 wrote:
MVlaska, thanks for the great info!!!

That 1999 is a great looking one but with 4 kids I want all seats facing forward so I want to stay away from the MV. I know it's a really cool one with the interior flexibility but I fear the kids will complain...

I have two looking backwards right now in the allroad with 3rd row and they complain of motion sickness sometimes...

I had the same concern with 6, but they deal with it. The MV is hands down the best configuration of the T4 ever, IMHO. Jump Seat comes out in 5 seconds for boxy stuff. You can still change into your wet suit. Slept 6 once when they were small, last set of twins killed that
Roby466
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting a Eurovan Reply with quote

Hi,
Well I found one and I'm flying to pick it up and drive it back on Friday.
We will see how it goes.
Here it is! Looking forward to discussing it further here once I have it.
Cheers
David
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting a Eurovan Reply with quote

Congrats, you'll love it!

y u rune klassik?
greenlaker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting a Eurovan Reply with quote

Zeitgeist 13 wrote:
That's a '90 300D, and around the corner is an '87 300TD with the engine from a '99 E300D and the suspension and brakes from a V12 SL600. I love love love the 124. That's a 124 front bumper inside the EV.

Excellent. Yeah, the W124s were arguably one of the best platforms the brand ever made.
'92 Mercedes-Benz 400E
greenlaker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting a Eurovan Reply with quote

Congrats, David!
'92 Mercedes-Benz 400E
Roby466
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting a Eurovan Reply with quote

Thanks, now if the allroad can sell!
I’ll miss it but the EV is also a special car in its own ways! And I’ve been wanting one each time I purchased a car so here we are! I’ll post again once I do the drive! I have been using liqui moly in all my cars for a while and I think it fits for the EV as well so first job will be fresh oil!
Cheers
David
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: