Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wild Westerner Club
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 122, 123, 124 ... 167, 168, 169  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Ok my computer is as old as I am so it may be out of that color. lol
I can't decide if I have white or gray hair it was brown 20 years ago.

Does anyone have an opinion on the caption.

Above the bus

VW Wild Westerner

Below

50th Birthday Bash
Spokane, Washington
April/May 2023

2002 Snap Orange Turbo Beetle (Daughter)
1973 Wild Westerner (Son) Vin #2232203230... Production Date Monday May 14, 1973 *** Destination Portland, Or.

Card Carrying Member of the International Wild Westerner Club
America (65) - Austria (1) -Canada (1)- Denmark (1) - France (1)- Germany (5) - Mexico (4) - The Netherlands (2) Portugal (1) - United Kingdom (3)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

VW logo is proving to be a pain, but I changed what you asked for.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

I smell what you are cooking...

It looks good to me..

Opinions anyone.

Also suggestions of shirt color and wording ?

What print options do we have is silk screen the only one ?

1973 Wild Westerner (Son) Vin #2232203230... Production Date Monday May 14, 1973 *** Destination Portland, Or.

America (65) - Austria (1) -Canada (1)- Denmark (1) - France (1)- Germany (5) - Mexico (4) - The Netherlands (2) Portugal (1) - United Kingdom (3)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

You could find some one that does Direct to Garment. Basically a big printer for t-shirts instead of paper. Possibly multiple colors of tees or maybe a neon green. I do think we have a few screen printers in our mix...
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
KentPS wrote:

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

What do you guys think of this design for the shirt? Also, any other things you'd like to be changed to the bus design and what do you think about the logo on the front of it?

'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
KentPS wrote:

mukluk wrote:
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Hey you guys across the pond speak up, you are included in all aspects of the Wild Westerner Club decisions. We can ship the shirts to you .

Do we have anyone that works at or knows someone that works at VW of America ? I feel it wouldn't hurt to ask if Volkswagen would help promote this event.

Many of you attend Car Shows so I feel we should produce a flyer to promote this event and the search of the Wild Westerners such as:

BOLO BOLO BOLO
(Be On Lookout For )
This Special Edition VW Bus

logo here

They were all produced in April and May of 1973 and need to be saved at all cost. Some have had color changes over the years therefore we need to check all m code plates on all 1973 Transporters for this three digit number 736. The m code plate is located behind the drivers seat on the short metal wall. Please contact us immediately if you locate one. thesamba.com forums section Wild Westerner Club or by text 843-240-3981.

A flyer that can be printed off the internet and posted at Car show registrations I feel would help .

Opinions Welcome

Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Lets go ahead and kick off the hunt.

Below are a few Wild Westerners that have been sold and lost if anyone lives in these areas please contact me and I will provide as much information as I have to help locate these Buses.

2232185820 was sold by holdenmyown in Alabama and does not recall who it was sold to and nor where they live.

2232204959 was last reported in Beaver Pa owner 69 busboy I have additional contact info on owner

2232207647 safari was for on hwy 74 in Wadesboro, NC aross from Walmart at a closed up sewing business.

2232208804 was last known for sale in Tampa, Fla. I have additional info for this bus

2232188587 was last known for sale in Myrtle Beach, SC I will take this one.
I will head up to Myrtle Beach later this morning and stop by a couple of air cooled repair shops and inquire.

There are more on page 103 of this forum please contact me if you are willing to help locate these Buses for I have in some cases additional information that would help.

Feel free to call, I am retired and prefer calls rather than sitting and banging on a keyboard . 843-240-3981

Thanks
Sullivan

jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

67ctbug wrote:
VW logo is proving to be a pain, but I changed what you asked for.

That's a good design for a T-shirt logo. The colors are blocked (no fountain fills) and the lines are of sufficient width that it would work well.

67ctbug wrote:
What do you guys think of this design for the shirt? Also, any other things you'd like to be changed to the bus design and what do you think about the logo on the front of it?

I would put the bus on the front, by itself, and the text on the back.

The green shirt color is a bit too much. I think the shirt in Olympic Blue (stripe color) would provide better contrast to the green bus and text.

Also, the typeface needs to be something consistent with 1973.

But I do think this a a great idea, overall.
1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
, 1975 Mexican single cab *FOR SALE*, 1978 Irish 4-door double cab RHD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

I wasn’t around in ‘73, so throw out some ideas for a font. I agree on the green, as long as the blue doesn’t match the bus it should be good... maybe a grey would be nice.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
KentPS wrote:

mukluk wrote:
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

I love bright colors (duh, I love the WW!) so I would vote for a blue matching the stripe. I suppose then the stripe wouldn't need to be screened.

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Yea orange doesn't look good on oversized people...

For example my daughters beetle is orange and she over heard someone say that's a cute orange beetle lets go look at it. Then all of a sudden one said oh chit thats not a beetle that a person. Self inflicted wound ( I resemble that remark)

I have made some progress with the hunt for the Wild Westerner sold and lost in Myrtle Beach. I went to the DMV and provided the serial number and I received confirmation that the Wild Westerner for sale in Myrtle Beach a few years back is still registered here. They would not give the owner's info butt at least I'm not chasing a ghost .

Do we have anyone in Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Alabama, Florida actually anywhere, please call me for I have some suggestions on locating lost Wild Westerners.

843-240-3981

Last edited by Bill Sullivan on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:02 am; edited 2 times in total
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

You know I'd love one in PA Bill, but am short on funds... but within the next 5 years, maybe. Looking at my image, it's very choppy in spots. I think I'll remake it in Photoshop.... I was using gimp. Same image, just vectorized and less choppy.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
KentPS wrote:

mukluk wrote:
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Do we have anyone near Haines City Florida.

I have a name and street where a Wild Westerner was last advertised for sale.

atomicmime
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Bill Sullivan wrote:
I went to the DMV and provided the serial number and I received confirmation that the Wild Westerner for sale in Myrtle Beach a few years back is still registered here. They would not give the owner's info butt at least I'm not chasing a ghost .

Bill, I had occasion to ask DMV in Calif. about a '69 Bug from my past, and they told me they couldn't supply current owner info, but they would contact the owner and give them my contact info. They did, and I found the car that way! If CA DMV would do it, other DMVs might also!

Who knows? A WW might be in my future when I retire!
'72 Westy
'79 Super Beetle (now electric!)
'13 Beetle
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip we have at least a dozen or more serial numbers with no owner info. I will try it.

The bulk of the Wild Westerners are in California I recently signed up two more in San Diego.

Matt that bought the Alaskan Wild Westerner and brought it to Utah has sold it to someone in California . He says he will supply new owners info.

This is the reason I had the certification decals printed so people will know that their bus is a special edition and hopefully save them from going to a scrap yard.

The old saying is so true One Mans Trash is another Mans Treasure.
That maybe a female saying butt it applies here as well.

The sooner we can get the Wild Westerners that are just sitting around into the hands of people wanting them the better.

The 50th Birthday will be here sooner than you think.

jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

How many are we up to on the known-to-exist list, Bill?
1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Well, guys, the time has come.

While I have had a lot of fun with ol' Jelly Bean, my 9-seat Wild Westerner, it is time to let someone else assume the restoration. I have three others in progress, and as the years click by, I realize that I would rather drive buses than work on them, so one of them had to go. (Actually, three of them have to go.) At least it is hitting the ground running, literally. This is a fun driver!

I am not pushing the sale, here. I post here only because I know you guys like to keep track of these things, and some of you are always looking for another project. Well, here ya go. Follow the link on my sig below.

Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:42 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

We certainly appreciate you doing CPR and reviving a Wild Westerner.

As are most of these restorations it is mostly labor and if you can do it yourself the better.

Looking at your site you have had VW Buses in your blood for a long time and I feel you will continue to be an active part of The Wild Westerner Family.

John
Please post the registry that I sent you and if any of you find errors please notify me asap. As earlier mentioned I am retired now and have more time to devote to this cause.

And the band plays on

Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

JT....you have done your part to keep the Bays alive and pass the torch with head held high

I confess the colour scheme of the WW grows on you.

The green pixels are the first to run out of pixel dust on old computers
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

I've got to admit that the WW color scheme turns heads like no other. It is really fun. And kudos to my neighbor JC for detailing the paint! I knew there was something under there, but it took the right materials, tools, and especially skills to bring it out.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 122, 123, 124 ... 167, 168, 169  Next
Jump to:
Page 123 of 169

Jump to: