Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Tijuana Mexico Body Paint Rust work - Los Ponchos
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
wertygrog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Johnny, I just provided them with the brand of paint I wanted and the associated paint codes. Out of the brands available to them I went with PPG. I found the PPG paint codes for SWR and BG online and provided those. That was all I did in terms of paint colors.

However, let it be noted that the bus color is noticeably off when compared next to an original SWR bus. If you are particularly concerned about exact paint match, I would have some custom paint mixed up. But for me, the standard PPG paint codes are good enough. Cool
Little-Acorn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, this is a terrific thread!

I live in San Diego, and have a 74 Super Beetle that will be a daily driver. I do most of my own work (except rebuilding engines or trannies), it now drives well, but is 7 different colors (is primer a color?). I've done a lot of wet sanding, priming, and have masked all the little stuff. I removed the windows to replace the headliner.

It's ready for paint, but I don't want to turn everything in my garage bright red.

I need to go to a place where they will shoot a few coats of single-stage paint on it. And possibly also install the new headliner and put the windows back in (I have all new window seals).

Sounds like Los Ponchos does some really high-quality body work, probably a lot fancier than I need. But I might go to Tijuana this week, and would like to stop by.

Does either Armando or Florencio speak any English? My Spanish is next to nothing.

I wonder if they would consider a simple job like this?
ebolick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Tijuana Mexico Body Paint Rust work - Los Ponchos Reply with quote

Hey i read this post a while ago and almost forgot about it. But like most of you i wanted to find a good inexpensive Tijuana paint job that looks good. I wanted to find a TJ shop that does good work and i can trust, well i did not have the best luck on that so i ended up opening my own shop in TJ. The place is big, safe and we do great work. Plus most of the staff speak English and we also offer free rides back to the border after you drop off your car. we also do full estimates over email. and the customer service kicks ass. I am not sure if i can post the name of my shop but if you are interested IM me
tsherm97
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Tijuana Mexico Body Paint Rust work - Los Ponchos Reply with quote

Hey guys, so I'm relatively new to the camper world and I was wondering if I could ask a quick question about this shop.. My 85' Vanagon County Homes Camper was rear ended a few weeks ago. I have already bought the new hatch and lower body panel, but the part of the frame that latches on to the back hatch was bent in a little. I want to take it down to these guys to get the body work done and have it repainted, but I need to know of they have the ability to fix the minor frame damage. Not about to loose this thing to insurance...

1985 Vanagon GL Country Homes Camper
Wangta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:10 am    Post subject: Re: Tijuana Mexico Body Paint Rust work - Los Ponchos Reply with quote

Subscribed
cij911
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: Tijuana Mexico Body Paint Rust work - Los Ponchos Reply with quote

ANY UPDATES ?? I read this thread a while ago and now find myself needing to do a restoration of a 1965 Pontiac GTO convertible. Would LOVE to get your thoughts on Tallers / Ponchos metal work and if there are other shops I should consider. (Prices in most of the shops, if they will even consider the project, in SOCAL are absurd.)
gregaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: Tijuana Mexico Body Paint Rust work - Los Ponchos Reply with quote

Shane has had some “new” experiences at Los Ponchos recently - he is writing about it on his blog. I just checked and don’t see anything yet.
cij911
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Tijuana Mexico Body Paint Rust work - Los Ponchos Reply with quote

gregaz wrote:
Shane has had some “new” experiences at Los Ponchos recently - he is writing about it on his blog. I just checked and don’t see anything yet.

Can you expand on this a bit ? Positive / negative ?

Also, any general thoughts on Taller Los Ponchos vs Garage Los Panchos ? Several of the Porsche guys have had good luck with Garage Los Panchos.

Thanks
gregaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: Tijuana Mexico Body Paint Rust work - Los Ponchos Reply with quote

cij911 wrote:
gregaz wrote:

Can you expand on this a bit ? Positive / negative ?

Also, any general thoughts on Taller Los Ponchos vs Garage Los Panchos ? Several of the Porsche guys have had good luck with Garage Los Panchos.

Thanks

I won’t speak for him, but basically from what I saw on social media, there is A LOT of nonsense you have to put up with in order to get the low price. A trade off. Shane was going to write something to this end.

And I didn’t realize there are multiple Los Panchos - I don’t even know which he used. No personal experience here.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: