Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Baywindow "Rarest of the Rare" FAQ
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 99, 100, 101 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hoody
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: Baywindow "Rarest of the Rare" FAQ Reply with quote

Unless you are running the Porsche 911 swivel feet adjusters in which case the Hazel 2568-1 is my weapon of choice.
Keith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Baywindow "Rarest of the Rare" FAQ Reply with quote

rsbadura wrote:
Hagus - Huckepack Nr. 4181/62
Additional classic caravan mirrors -
if the caravan is wider than the car and you need to see behind
(more photos at http://www.vw-t2-bulli.de/index.php?caravanmirrors-de)

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

These are cool, but they aren’t baywindow bus specific.
These were an accessory for any vehicle.

"I firmly believe that some villagers from Botswana could probably build a better road than PennDot."- Splitty

"If you do anything to your car someone will hate on you for it. People absolutely love to complain and find fault with others. Don't let it bother you. Just live and have fun."- Lind
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Baywindow "Rarest of the Rare" FAQ Reply with quote

if you suffer from floppy side view mirrors at highway speeds, these are just game over.
chimneyfish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Baywindow "Rarest of the Rare" FAQ Reply with quote

M501 kit for converting a walk through up for sale in the classifieds, only $75 !

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2126415
1972 T2 Camper (Devon), 1988 Golf, 1972 Type 1, 1984 Polo, 1972 T2 Camper (Danbury)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Baywindow "Rarest of the Rare" FAQ Reply with quote

chimneyfish wrote:
M501 kit for converting a walk through up for sale in the classifieds, only $75 !

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2126415

There has been this Neptune Blue version for sale on our local craigslist for a couple of months. If I didn't already have one, I might make him an offer.

https://spokane.craigslist.org/pts/d/vw-bus/6398738759.html
MichaIN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
Just got the mail! Im going to get this sucker scanned on a big bed scanner. Its a big one Cool

Hello!

I stumbled upon this cardboard model pictures some weeks ago. I know, the post is quite old...

Jason, I just would like to ask if there was a scan of it you might share?
Would be great! I've got a sage green Westy myself.

Thanks!!

Bye,
Michael
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Baywindow "Rarest of the Rare" FAQ Reply with quote

Do you want the yellow bucket scan too? It is old, but sill remember laughing sooo hard at parts of this thread.
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Baywindow "Rarest of the Rare" FAQ Reply with quote

Except that many of us (at least one of us) has been patiently waiting for a scan of that cool paper model for a long time. I am still interested to see if it is yet available.
1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
, 1975 Mexican single cab *FOR SALE*, 1978 Irish 4-door double cab RHD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DougB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Baywindow "Rarest of the Rare" FAQ Reply with quote

Because it's now clear that Jason wont be making his available to us Wink

- Doug Razz
'41 Zundapp KS600
'55 Puch SGS250
A very, very understanding wife
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MichaIN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Baywindow "Rarest of the Rare" FAQ Reply with quote

Oh, OK. This post was some years ago, I hoped I've just missed a later remark regarding this. This very thread as Samba itself is quite big, might have been another thread then.

Thanks!

Bye,
Michael
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:04 am    Post subject: Re: Baywindow "Rarest of the Rare" FAQ Reply with quote

MichaIN wrote:
Oh, OK. This post was some years ago, I hoped I've just missed a later remark regarding this. This very thread as Samba itself is quite big, might have been another thread then.

Thanks!

Bye,
Michael

Wait, wait! You are on the right track, just some locals giving the owner of the piece some grief.
70Crew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Baywindow "Rarest of the Rare" FAQ Reply with quote

Not sure how detailed of a scan you are looking for but there are better images posted in this thread.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7199520&highlight=#7199520
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Baywindow "Rarest of the Rare" FAQ Reply with quote

Yeah, yeah. I haven't let go for two reasons. Well maybe 3.

I want to make it first. I have made a bigger scan for myself, printed ready to make. Just haven't done it yet. Because when I do, you know me Ill plaster the shit out of it all over social media and here. Wink Laughing

This falls into reason 2 - once its out, its out. This is an unobtainable item and Im not one to withhold this cool shit from anyone. You all and anyone else will have access to get a proper scan for free after I make my initial one. I would expect all that get it to make it and share on social media. This will prevent what Im protecting against at the moment - that asshole that wants to make a profit out of it. Free is the key Wink

And finally. Piss off Im busy Rolling Eyes Laughing Cool

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Baywindow "Rarest of the Rare" FAQ Reply with quote

As it sits today.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
MichaIN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Baywindow "Rarest of the Rare" FAQ Reply with quote

Hi Jason!

Thanks, looks very promising!
Have you photoshopped the colour according to your bus?

I really look forward to a forthcoming release!

Thanks and bye,
Michael
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Baywindow "Rarest of the Rare" FAQ Reply with quote

MichaIN wrote:
Hi Jason!

Thanks, looks very promising!
Have you photoshopped the colour according to your bus?

I really look forward to a forthcoming release!

Thanks and bye,
Michael

my guess is trick of light. or print toner ran low on blue.
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Baywindow "Rarest of the Rare" FAQ Reply with quote

How would he be able to make them fold into a bus. It appears to have perforations or something...
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Baywindow "Rarest of the Rare" FAQ Reply with quote

The Model is in VW Yosemite Yellow - as seen in the pic. Yes there are perforations in the original model. I have to glue this poster paper to a sheet of board, cut it out, anneal the folds and cut the slots for the tabs. It will all be final glued to stay together.

A true project Cool

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
Sunroof53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Baywindow "Rarest of the Rare" FAQ Reply with quote

I have just bought a 1970 model bus . I have never seen a UK bus with so may extras . I have a lot of history with the bus and it all seems to suggest they were added from new . The bus was being restored by the previous owner but he sadly passed away . It had been partly dismantled ready for welding but I have all the parts .
It is a Rhd twin sliding door model with a factory sliding sunroof. Here is a list of the extras .
Deluxe model with chrome waist trim , window and bumper trim ,small euro looking overriders. Side pull out step, mudflaps, eberspacher heater with all ducting into rear area . Intermittent wiper switch ? , chrome front badge ,trip speedometer,front seats have different colour inserts , towbar and reversing lights . Probably forgot something but I’ll try and add photos later .
Sunroof53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Baywindow "Rarest of the Rare" FAQ Reply with quote

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 99, 100, 101 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
Jump to:
Page 100 of 105

Jump to: