Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Making a 6" fuchs into a 4.5"
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyinglow94
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...we could be like thousands of people out there that have the fake brms, dsr, raders, or any other production fuchs. Some people like to be unique...and can't knock them for wanting to be different. Everyones taste in wheels are different...

I'm surprised that these weren't done back in 04 when Skim posted about wanting some.

Hey Kyle...where's the second set? What are you putting them on? Show some pictures please...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
808-56
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyinglow94 wrote:

Hey Kyle...where's the second set? What are you putting them on?

I still have the second set. I am just about finished polishing them (should be done in the next week or so?), going to put this set away for future projects.
Speedsterboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyinglow94 wrote:
Well...we could be like thousands of people out there that have the fake brms, dsr, raders, or any other production fuchs. Some people like to be unique...and can't knock them for wanting to be different. Everyones taste in wheels are different...

I'm surprised that these weren't done back in 04 when Skim posted about wanting some.

Hey Kyle...where's the second set? What are you putting them on? Show some pictures please...

Unique no, expensive yes... Wink There are also thousands out there with the OG Fuchs..
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They'll all keep appreciating in value too!
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
50Split
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Skim
Rants Master

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyinglow94 wrote:

funny thing is I had been talking about those since like 92 or 93 and everyone said it couldnt be done. then BAM. years later and I finally got a pair. Laughing
1954 Sunroof
1959 Lowlight Ghia vert
1960 Lt Grey Double Cab SMZ LEGIT
1963 Deluxe Turkis Walk Thru 15 Window OG Paint
808-56
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skim wrote:

funny thing is I had been talking about those since like 92 or 93 and everyone said it couldnt be done. then BAM. years later and I finally got a pair. Laughing

Only flyinglow94 had enough balls to pull it off Smile. Mucho respect to flyinglow94.
58ragman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Making a 6" fuchs into a 4.5" Reply with quote

got a set and after owning 4 sets thru time of ORIGINAL 15 x 4.5 the KING CRAB custom early 6 modified are SUPERIOR. If you think bout it the whole purpose of the early 67 fuchs was the smal width and unique star that pops out. it looks cool.Then after seen a bunch of fake knock offs of the 4.5 by flat 4 and empi it seemed like all the same now with a buch of fakes out and trying to ge the crowd to believe otherwise.Now this maybe luck but i now its not .The BS you hear was that the 4.5 were never stamped ok cool but i remember vividly that when i went to source 4.5s at a local swap meet pomona recycler craigslist i alwasy seen a part number on the back on everysingle one and i sourced the wheels sometimes in singles and again everytime cast into the 4.5 porsce part number so when people are claiming otherwise they get people to believe that 4.5 never stamps and if they did they ground them out.If thats the case then how did all my wheels end up having cast numbers BC when i sold them in 4's the first thing the buyer checked was the casting part number.So if everybody knows there are no casting marks RIGHT then why does everybody look at the back for the casting number..BC its a BS MYTH some fools try to pass off so they can sell FAKE fuchs stamp them with black FIND some THREADs claiming porsche never stamped them or cast the PN into the wheels. Then years pass and now the crowd BELIEVES.That being said once i got back into the game i was searching for the OG 4.5 and every time these fake ass fuchs come up then once i found a set with casting numbers BECAUSE THEY ARE REAL AND THERE IS SUCH A thing the seller wanted 4 grand.They were real but they seeminly looked fake since i kept seen flat 4 and empi out.

But then when the king crab popped out onto the scene the game was over.The original 4.5 was installed because of the width and looks and pop of the star but now the king crab kills the og 4.5 in looks period and thats what your trying to achieve superior looks that get the crowd gawking and the og 4.5 cant touch it.

The only reason people want the 4.5 is not the looks but because it is rare and THATS it

and if its on the car people know in order to get the og 4.5 it will cost 4-5K for 2 rims

ok cool that may be true

but the OTHER TRUTH IS THAT A KING CRAB shuts DOWn an ORIGINAL 4.5 in all respects.

Looks ,how the star pops, and when it spins.

in addition you still need to come up initially with $2000 for a set of early 6 porsche fuchs

shipping to modifier

shipping from modifier

insurance cost of wheels cost of fab and cost to replace

cost to modify

when all said and done the king crab takes the crown

only reason people claim it is funky is because they have to cut a rim that is german porsche and almost a taboo but what about when a og 4.5 bends the lips they can repair it cut the lip off and install another lip from a 4.5 og rim how come nobody is talking crap bout that it modified and repaired.

just haters knowing that the supposedly og 4.5 that is bad ass take a second place back seat period to the king crab on a volkswagen.

og 4.5 have a square lip almost like empi and flat 4 but no so much

the king crab has a radiused lip more natural looking

study the pics og versus the king crab you will see differences that will be on the plus side on a king crab

MR warehouse has the major handle and id go thru him
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Making a 6" fuchs into a 4.5" Reply with quote

58ragman wrote:
The BS you hear was that the 4.5 were never stamped ok cool but i remember vividly that when i went to source 4.5s at a local swap meet pomona recycler craigslist i alwasy seen a part number on the back

That story may have originated from the 911R wheel. The 911R wheel is an early 7x15, and almost all of them don't have a part number. The theory behind it is that since those wheels were only intended for the 24 cars they made, it wasn't worth the effort to make it's own die with the number.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: