Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vw insurance
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Vw insurance Reply with quote

Quote:
I think I would be better off with no stated value, get an independent appraisal and fight over the value if in an accident.

This. I dont think you can get agreed value AND daily driver.
See this, his appraisal saved him.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=675009&highlight=appraisal
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
RodneyEdwards
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: Vw insurance - Reply with quote

Both Hagerty and J C Taylor have rejected my application stating that they do not cover dune buggies. I listed 2,000 miles as the max I would drive per year. Does anyone know of a company that will specifically cover one? 1967 Manx style that I valued at $8,500. Both of the above companies had very good rates but wouldn't cover the car.
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: Vw insurance Reply with quote

State Farm covers my squareback for $10,000 agreed value.
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: Vw insurance - Reply with quote

RodneyEdwards wrote:
Both Hagerty and J C Taylor have rejected my application stating that they do not cover dune buggies. I listed 2,000 miles as the max I would drive per year. Does anyone know of a company that will specifically cover one? 1967 Manx style that I valued at $8,500. Both of the above companies had very good rates but wouldn't cover the car.

Dune Buggies are a problem because there's not much there. So a collision with a Smart Car will cause major damage and injury... just imagine what one with a Suburban will do.

I suggest you ask in this topic in the Dune Buggy forum: Who insures these things.I NEED INSURANCE TODAY

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: Vw insurance - Reply with quote

RodneyEdwards wrote:

State Farm would have covered mine, but I went with Rally insurance group. They have zero problems insuring Dune Buggys as well as other classics.

http://www.rallyinsurance.com/
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Vw insurance Reply with quote

It has been said many times already, but get a CERTIFIED (appraised) agreed value policy. Don't BS on the value......get an appraisal, and insure for that amount. Most people think an agreed value policy is enough, but insurance company will fight you if you don't have an appraisal.
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: Vw insurance Reply with quote

Any suggestions on where to go to get one of these agreed with appraisal policies in California?

Stated value is worthless-insurance company will just use whatever them deem as comps and offer you less than the stated value of your policy, but will happily collect your higher ins premiums for that stated value policy.
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Vw insurance Reply with quote

74 Thing wrote:
Any suggestions on where to go to get one of these agreed with appraisal policies in California?

Stated value is worthless-insurance company will just use whatever them deem as comps and offer you less than the stated value of your policy, but will happily collect your higher ins premiums for that stated value policy.

This is exactly right. I use State Farm with an agreed value policy and (most importantly) use an appraiser that THEY recommended. An agreed value policy isn't enough. Also take before pictures of your ride and have your local agent put them in a file for you. Better yet, do as I do, get them to take the pictures and ooh and ah over your car....then start a picture file in their office. This may seem like a lot of work.....but you are in for a screwing if you don't get all of this together before you file a claim for loss.
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Vw insurance Reply with quote

I’ve yet to hear of a classic car speciality insurance company not paying out on a claim. Has anyone actually had an issue? I’m not talking about one of the regular insurers.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
trex1234
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Vw insurance - Reply with quote

Does anyone know a insurance company that doesnt have issues with street legal baja bugs
BenJAMin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Vw insurance Reply with quote

I use American Modern but I go through an agent in Indianapolis who does it nationwide. I find them very easy to talk to, I'd ask them about your Baja www.classicins.com
my59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Vw insurance Reply with quote

Hagerty covers spare parts, like the bus roof rack, spare type 4 engine, and my collection of extra body parts for the '59
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: