Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Bus Travel Videos
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheLills.com
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject: VW Bus Travel Videos Reply with quote

This is a thread for VW bus travel videos! Very Happy

At the time of starting this thread, we've been on the road, in our 1978 VW Westfalia, for about eight months. We wanted to share our experiences and encourage others to share theirs. If you have any great VW bus travel videos, please post them here for everyone to see.

Our first destination was from South Carolina to Cheaha State Park in Alabama. Enjoy the video below and read about the adventure on our site - Peace & Love

Link

Cheaha State Park Travel Post Link:
http://thelills.com/the-lills-cheaha-state-park-alabama-adventure/

Last edited by TheLills.com on Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TheLills.com
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Bus Travel Videos Reply with quote

Along our cross-country adventure (in our '78 Westfalia) we happened by Natchez, Mississippi, a beautiful little town with lots of history. Enjoy the video below and read about the adventure on our site - Peace & Love

Link

Natchez Mississippi Travel Post Link:
http://thelills.com/the-lills-natchez-mississippi-adventure/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rottenkid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Bus Travel Videos Reply with quote

How about a Newfoundland Commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQpwDtIn4ec
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Bus Travel Videos Reply with quote

Beautiful places and scenery.

Personal preference but I would prefer a slightly less frenetic pace. Stay on a shot or scene more than 1.1 seconds per place. And who are the humans? I saw a total of about 1.5 seconds of the Mrs. and less than the of the Mr.

Nice dog and cat!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Bus Travel Videos Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Not every body wants a critique -- but --- posting here on samba and Facebook- among the likes of "The wynns" , "kombi crew", take your pic of the rest-- your going to get opinions.

If you wish improvement - say so and we will try not to burn you- Look forward to your next ones.

opinion untempered by fact is ignorance.

Don't step in any!
Ludwig van
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Bus Travel Videos Reply with quote

Very enjoyable! Right now it's -21 degrees Celsius in Winnipeg, with a -34 windchill. Ludwig is hibernating in my friend's back yard. In the meantime, your videos are a nice escape.
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Bus Travel Videos Reply with quote

Cool, nice pets. Tie the kitten to the dog..good way to get them to teach each other.
TheLills.com
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Bus Travel Videos Reply with quote

rottenkid - Thanks for posting!

OB Bus - We appreciate your thoughts! These videos are more about the places we visit than about us, but if you keep watching, you will get to know us better. Our more recent videos are more lengthy and some move more slowly. In any case, we hope you enjoy them! Smile

williamM - Our videos are mostly for us to capture our memories and just for fun, but we are happy for people to express their opinions. Thank you for the insight! Very Happy

Ludwig van - We're so glad we can help you escape! Stay warm! Cool

Manfred58sc - Thank you and no need for tying them together, they're already attached at the hip! Wink

Peace & Love

Last edited by TheLills.com on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
rottenkid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Bus Travel Videos Reply with quote

Yes, I really enjoy watching them. Maybe you will get to Newfoundland and do a video. Another place to go is New Brunswick, to Campobello to An international park.
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Bus Travel Videos Reply with quote

Q; "How many hippies can you get into a VW Bus?" A: " One more and a dog!".

When you make your way to Colorado you will be well received. Safe travels.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Bus Travel Videos Reply with quote

Samba will be fine to you unless you try to represent your vacation as having some profound influence on you or the world..in which case we will skewer you like a squealing pig.....
TheLills.com
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Bus Travel Videos Reply with quote

rottenkid - We would love to travel through Canada, thank you for your suggestions! If we ever make it to Newfoundland, we'll be sure to film!

Manfred58sc - That made us both smile!! And funny enough, we have made it to Colorado and had a blast! If you like, you can see the video on our Travel page.

Abscate - Traveling in a VW bus has a profound influence on most anyone. Hopefully, enough to inspire more people to keep them alive and on the road. That is what The Samba seems to be about (helping each other learn to keep our old buses going). There will of course always be some people with skewers, but we prefer the peace and love.

Peace & Love
TheLills.com
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Bus Travel Videos Reply with quote

The two of us were born in the same hospital in Dallas, Texas, but neither of us had any memory of the place. Along our cross-country adventure, we were excited to spend a day in the city and see our birthplace together. It's a quick video, but we hope you enjoy! As we head West, the videos become a bit lengthier and more in-depth. Peace & Love

Link

A Day In Dallas Texas Travel Post Link:
http://thelills.com/the-lills-dallas-texas-adventure/
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: VW Bus Travel Videos Reply with quote

Quote:
Traveling in a VW bus has a profound influence on most anyone.

No more than what we do every day in our lives. I take 10% of my professional life mentoring young scientists in careers.

I love vacations too, and traveling in car/boat/plane/T4 is great for my RR, but I don't fool myself its impacting the world. Thats an old hackneyed theme here that is worn out. #vanlifeentitlement
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: VW Bus Travel Videos Reply with quote

Keep traveling,posting videos, and impacting the world through every loving action. Plenty of us get it. Tune in, turn on, drop out. Its worked for me for over 50 years!
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: VW Bus Travel Videos Reply with quote

I fell asleep during Matlock, and now I need a diaper change.

Did I miss anything?

Travel on, video on, and rock on everyone!!
MidWesty79
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: VW Bus Travel Videos Reply with quote

I have done several road trips in my bus over the 7 years I've owned it, including living it it for 2 months and traveling around the western US with my girlfriend (who has since passed away; killed by a drunk driver at the ripe old age of 27.)

It was the best, most impactful thing I've done with my life and I wish with all my heart I could return to that time. Did it change the world? no. Does anyone else truly care? no. But it was a defining journey in my life and I very much hope to have the opportunity to do it again with someone I care about.

Enjoy your journey and don't try to impress others or spend your time taking pictures of your feet and lattes. Embrace nature and the people you meet. You never know when the grand trip of life will end.

Safe travels

Last edited by MidWesty79 on Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: VW Bus Travel Videos Reply with quote

Quote:
Enjoy your journey and don't try to impress others or spend your time taking pictures of your feet and lattes

+1000

I travelled cross country in the old 1971 tiptop with my girlfriend to whom I am now married for 33 years.
TheLills.com
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: VW Bus Travel Videos Reply with quote

Manfred58sc - Yes, yes and YES! Very Happy

MidWesty79 - We're so sorry for your loss, but we are so happy that you were able to have a wonderful adventure with her. It's inspirational and we agree to embrace nature and the people you meet. Thank you for your words and good energy! Smile

Abscate - Congratulations on 33 years! That's a beautiful thing! Surprised
TheLills.com
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: VW Bus Travel Videos Reply with quote

From Dallas, Texas we continued on our cross-country adventure to beautiful Santa Fe, New Mexico. This video is much longer than the others and shows a lot of our bus, us, our cat and dog, the sights and fun things to do. We hope everyone enjoys it! - Peace & Love

Link

Santa Fe New Mexico Travel Post Link:
http://thelills.com/the-lills-santa-fe-new-mexico-travel-adventure/
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: