Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

the 1963 beetle that stopped depression
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
turbotype1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: the 1963 beetle that stopped depression Reply with quote

Another Snowflake that can't accept that his hero lost an election…..
Poor boy needs to get himself some crayons and silly-putty and climb back into his safe space…. poor poor fragile snowflake.
This new fad of get it the lowest, or run it with the worst looks, (patina) isn't cool, it's for the hey everyone look at me crowd, i'm driving a beat down ratty, unsafe, VW, how cool am I ???...your not....

Pissing off the purists since 1997

Wanted: Boyd Motors plate frame

57 Turbo Oval Sliding rag
67 13 window delux walk-thru- now 21
64 all original for the misses
83 Sinka m-TDI diesel
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: the 1963 beetle that stopped depression Reply with quote

So the rest of the video and the positive message is lost on you and a few others because of a supposed slur at one point? Says a lot about folks insecurities and quickness to judge. Very sad this I can tell you. Believe me.
Sharp64 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: the 1963 beetle that stopped depression Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
So the rest of the video and the positive message is lost on you and a few others because of a supposed slur at one point? Says a lot about folks insecurities and quickness to judge. Very sad this I can tell you. Believe me.

Yep. I rolled my eyes and turned the video off at that moment. I’ve watched enough snowflakes over the last year or so piss and moan endlessly about nonsense that I didn’t go any farther. I’m tired of listening to it.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: the 1963 beetle that stopped depression Reply with quote

There’s a saying around here used by locals. “ Don’t let anyone know where you’re goat is tied up”. Well in your case we know. Very Happy
turbotype1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: the 1963 beetle that stopped depression Reply with quote

We've got a saying around here too.... " put on your big boy pants and get on with life"....
This new fad of get it the lowest, or run it with the worst looks, (patina) isn't cool, it's for the hey everyone look at me crowd, i'm driving a beat down ratty, unsafe, VW, how cool am I ???...your not....

83 Sinka m-TDI diesel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: the 1963 beetle that stopped depression Reply with quote

We need to play poker, I bet you have a few other tells Very Happy
mikec4193
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: the 1963 beetle that stopped depression Reply with quote

Having dealt with and still dealing with the "prince of darkness" for years off and on...buying one of these cars can help for sure...I just hope it continues for this guy...I have owned a couple of these cars over the years and sometimes it (buying a vintage Beetle) works for me and sometimes it does not help at all....

they are a time warp for sure....

MikeC
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: the 1963 beetle that stopped depression Reply with quote

turbotype1 wrote:
We've got a saying around here too.... " put on your big boy pants and get on with life"....

I have never heard that saying--------maybe it's some of that Fake News I keep reading about?
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: the 1963 beetle that stopped depression Reply with quote

Chunks wrote:
turbotype1 wrote:

I have never heard that saying--------maybe it's some of that Flake News I keep reading about?

FIFY! Cool
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: the 1963 beetle that stopped depression Reply with quote

mikec4193 wrote:
Having dealt with and still dealing with the "prince of darkness" for years off and on...

Lucas did your wiring too? Laughing So you start twitching & glitching every time it rains?

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
turbotype1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: the 1963 beetle that stopped depression Reply with quote

pyrOman wrote:
Chunks wrote:
turbotype1 wrote:

I have never heard that saying--------maybe it's some of that Flake News I keep reading about?

FIFY! Cool

Two thumbs up…....

83 Sinka m-TDI diesel
mikec4193
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: the 1963 beetle that stopped depression Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
mikec4193 wrote:
Having dealt with and still dealing with the "prince of darkness" for years off and on...

Lucas did your wiring too? Laughing So you start twitching & glitching every time it rains?

Not sure who Lucas is...??? Can you fill me in...??

MikeC
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: the 1963 beetle that stopped depression Reply with quote

Lucas electrical, the bane of British car enthusiasts the world over, lovingly Rolling Eyes referred to as the “Prince of Darkness”.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/jalopnik.com/399791/j...-jokes/amp

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
slave1pilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: the 1963 beetle that stopped depression Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Currently:
1963 Ragtop Beetle
Previously:
1967 Beetle
1968 Beetle
1970 Beetle
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: the 1963 beetle that stopped depression Reply with quote

slave1pilot wrote:

Yes, but Lucas has been known as the "Prince of Darkness" before Mercedes invented the "Horseless Carriage". Laughing

ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: the 1963 beetle that stopped depression Reply with quote

Just us buses wrote:
Some folks have shrinks; others have their garage

Yup Yup!

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mikec4193
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: the 1963 beetle that stopped depression Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
slave1pilot wrote:

Yes, but Lucas has been known as the "Prince of Darkness" before Mercedes invented the "Horseless Carriage". Laughing

No my "Prince of Darkness" does not look like him....mine is more like satan...than Ozzy...

MikeC
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: