Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fender mounted mirrors?
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
keary_lewis0303
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject: Fender mounted mirrors? Reply with quote

Anyone have photos of a cal look or dechromed bug with fender mounted mirrors? [/quote]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Fender mounted mirrors? Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=690526&highlight=fender+mirrors

Use your imagination or photoshop to see what they’d look like without the chrome.
EVfun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Fender mounted mirrors? Reply with quote

I suggest you think carefully about that change. A small mirror far away leaves you a very limited view. Even the passenger side door mounted mirror used on the pre-'68 cars doesn't provide much of a view. I have one of those little bubble mirrors on my passenger side door hinge mirror to get a better view.
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Fender mounted mirrors? Reply with quote

EVfun wrote:
I suggest you think carefully about that change. A small mirror far away leaves you a very limited view. Even the passenger side door mounted mirror used on the pre-'68 cars doesn't provide much of a view. I have one of those little bubble mirrors on my passenger side door hinge mirror to get a better view.

Correct. Read through the thread I linked. I have them on my car. They are absolutely useless.
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Fender mounted mirrors? Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Buddy of mine has fender mounted ones on his 63. Blue car in the middle.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
Bryan67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Fender mounted mirrors? Reply with quote

The words fender mounted mirror and cal look do not belong together.
Miklo
ˇChale!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Fender mounted mirrors? Reply with quote

Bryan67 wrote:

My first thought as well.

I have a pair of Albert mirrors on my Beetle. While not fender mounted they are similar...

Adjusting them while in car is impossible. Leaving you to spend some decent time adjusting while only ever getting marginal visibility out of them.

Once you have them dialed, the next day someone will just bump it out of adjustment.

Antelope Valley's Mobile Air-Cooled Guru

Dr OnHolliday wrote:
As I remember it, lowriding was not one of the criteria that Adolf gave to Dr. Porsche...
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Fender mounted mirrors? Reply with quote

Try looking for photos of tn3 Empi/Delswift mirrors, those are normally fender mounted. Albert swan necks are mounted on the qtr panels. The Delswift mirror is Chrome and as an added bonus, they have a double as an antennae

If you’re looking to buy a NOS pair, I’ve got a set available
1959 Typ 117
1959 Typ 265
1961 356B
1966 Typ 151
1966 Typ 241
vwuberalles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Fender mounted mirrors? Reply with quote

Those Delswift mirrors look awesome!!! Do they interfere with the fender top turn signals though?
1973 Superbeetle: 1st car, owned since age 12. Update thread --> https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9919140#9919140
1967 Kombi: Owned since age 17, Dad's retirement project.
1966 Beetle: My new project. (SOLD) Build thread--> https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=678040
Bryan S.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Fender mounted mirrors? Reply with quote

Bryan67 wrote:

I was thinking the same.
vdubmyk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Fender mounted mirrors? Reply with quote

I've got a single Delswift mounted on my driver side quarter panel ad this set of NOS EMPI ones in my stash of parts.

Murt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Fender mounted mirrors? Reply with quote

I’ve got the Swan Necks on my 66. They are rubbish really for vision, but I think they look cool, and like them, but I have refitted my OG drivers mirror as well Very Happy

2017 Golf GTD saloon
2008 VW EOS 2.0 TFSi
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: