Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Show us your 80's/90's customs!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 145, 146, 147, 148, 149  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Show us your 80's/90's customs! Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I have always loved this car! It was a vw trends feature car I believe. .

This thread is awesome!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joey1320
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Show us your 80's/90's customs! Reply with quote

Craigslist car - not mine.
https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/cto/d/1971-volkswagen-beetle/6406888749.html

Banzai KG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Show us your 80's/90's customs! Reply with quote

Anyone willing to help out with some funding for my buddy, Stanley "BadRazz" Escalano so he can bring it back to life and roll on the streets again!
https://www.gofundme.com/badrazz
V.V.W.C.A. - Golden Gate Chapter: http://www.ggcvvwca.org/
B.L.T.N. (Better Late Than Never) late model VW Club (San Jose/Santa Clara, CA): https://www.facebook.com/groups/bltnvw/
NorCal Aircooled Group (NAG) Facebook Goup: https://www.facebook.com/groups/NAGVW/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sovereignsamba
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Show us your 80's/90's customs! Reply with quote

[/quote]

Id.love to have a scan of this, cool sticker
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sovereignsamba
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskibob wrote:
These were taken i believe in 1989 at the VW Jamboree. I was 15 years old and on a family vacation in LA.

Found that red roadster, its an ev now

Link
jwold
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Show us your 80's/90's customs! Reply with quote

Cool little EV. Sounds like it needs a shift rod bushing!
1sqr2nv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Show us your 80's/90's customs! Reply with quote

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sovereignsamba
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Show us your 80's/90's customs! Reply with quote

Bad ass square
Itawayoflife
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:19 am    Post subject: Re: Show us your 80's/90's customs! Reply with quote

Wow, that thing just keeps popping up. I remember it from high school.
1sqr2nv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Show us your 80's/90's customs! Reply with quote

Itawayoflife wrote:

My friend built it while he was at Live Joke high school in Morgan hill. I bought it my senior year 94 in Gilroy and sold it 96. From 96 to 2000 it got thrashed and I found it in 2000 in a storage area with top open and interior toasted. I bought it from the storage place since whoever owned it never paid the bills. I started the second custom phase of the build adding picture windows, narrowed bus rag section and shaving other parts of the car. I sold it around 2004 unfinished to someone in Las Vegas. Where has it been popping up? I would be interested in buying it back!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Itawayoflife
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Show us your 80's/90's customs! Reply with quote

1sqr2nv wrote:
Itawayoflife wrote:

My friend built it while he was at Live Joke high school in Morgan hill. I bought it my senior year 94 in Gilroy and sold it 96. From 96 to 2000 it got thrashed and I found it in 2000 in a storage area with top open and interior toasted. I bought it from the storage place since whoever owned it never paid the bills. I started the second custom phase of the build adding picture windows, narrowed bus rag section and shaving other parts of the car. I sold it around 2004 unfinished to someone in Las Vegas. Where has it been popping up? I would be interested in buying it back!

Right, you must be Mario. My name is Brien Roth. I grew up in San Martin. I was pretty good friends with Mark back in the day.

The car popped up a few years ago in the forums when it was still in Vegas. The guy said he had big plans to fix it up again, but it was totally gutted. Basically just a rolling shell. I think I actually private messaged the guy a couple times. Then I never heard anything after that. Then about a year or so later it popped up in the classified section for like $1500 and it was actually in Huntington Beach which isn't too far from me. I live in Buena Park now. I texted that guy the minute I saw the ad and I could just never make the time to get over to the guy's house to see it.

I was tempted to buy it just for the sake of having it back in the hands of someone who grew up in that area at that time, but, I just couldn't make it happen at the time. It was in REALLY bad shape at that point.
1sqr2nv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Show us your 80's/90's customs! Reply with quote

Itawayoflife wrote:
1sqr2nv wrote:
Itawayoflife wrote:

Right, you must be Mario. My name is Brien Roth. I grew up in San Martin. I was pretty good friends with Mark back in the day.

The car popped up a few years ago in the forums when it was still in Vegas. The guy said he had big plans to fix it up again, but it was totally gutted. Basically just a rolling shell. I think I actually private messaged the guy a couple times. Then I never heard anything after that. Then about a year or so later it popped up in the classified section for like $1500 and it was actually in Huntington Beach which isn't too far from me. I live in Buena Park now. I texted that guy the minute I saw the ad and I could just never make the time to get over to the guy's house to see it.

I was tempted to buy it just for the sake of having it back in the hands of someone who grew up in that area at that time, but, I just couldn't make it happen at the time. It was in REALLY bad shape at that point.

Ahh sad!
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

volkswagenut wrote:
jonny1309 wrote:
Skim wrote:

Used to hang out with Louie. That's the bug he sold to Eddie Van Halen. His next project was a pink and white 23 window with matching interior.

That looks real bad the early car with late doors. d'oh!

I got contacted today to sale this car so did a little searching and found a pic I didn't see in the magazine from the photo shoot.

I listed the bug up for sale a few years ago. It is still in pieces.
Here a pic of one of the seats in my storage garage. The pink fabric isn't very tough. This is the pass side seat. The drivers side is really shredded.

I did talk to the second owner since it was given away on Rockline radio and got some stories on how it came to Arkansas to be impounded and auctioned off. That's how I got it.
54rag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Show us your 80's/90's customs! Reply with quote

Nice garage find, in Switzerland. Not driven since 1993, soon back on the road...

AZOffTheWall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Show us your 80's/90's customs! Reply with quote

Can't believe i didn't post my car in here
In the 80's / 90's

Now

bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Switchez wrote:
bshertzer wrote:
1991 representing Laughing Muholland is in The House!

it's in for a total makeover after all this time.

wow! :2gunfire: send it back to california where it came from Laughing

Looks more like a FloriDUH car to me. Lol
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lonotch
Samba Padrino

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: Show us your 80's/90's customs! Reply with quote

German Folks
lonotch
Samba Padrino

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Show us your 80's/90's customs! Reply with quote

German Folks
auslander
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: Show us your 80's/90's customs! Reply with quote

Car has very rare Svelto dual carb kit, sold only in the Italian Market!

66 POS Bus
69 Class 11 Beetle
71 Cat-Look Beetle
64 Old Skool Baja
74 "Swamp" Thing

!!! F**k Cancer !!!
Time's Tide will Smother You
"You can't throw a rock in Long Beach without hitting a tweaker" Steve Tucci

Last edited by auslander on Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
54rag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: Show us your 80's/90's customs! Reply with quote

Maybe it was available in Italy.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7598632
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 145, 146, 147, 148, 149  Next
Jump to:
Page 146 of 149

Jump to: