Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Does anywhere sell complete 411 pancake tin kit?
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
HITE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:30 am    Post subject: Does anywhere sell complete 411 pancake tin kit? Reply with quote

After rebuilding the engine that came with the bus, I’m starting to realize the previous owner did not have all the engine tin. He has about..10 pieces. And I know it’s a long show, but if anyone knows anywhere to buy new/good condition tin. I’d love to be pointed on the right direction.

If not, a list would be nice so I know what I specifically need to look for.

Thanks!
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: Does anywhere sell complete 411 pancake tin kit? Reply with quote

FYI, VW type 411 tin is different than VW Bay T-IV engine tin.

if you are looking for Bay bus T-IV engine tin parts then you are in the right forum,
but what year Bus do you have?

1972-73-74 Type IV (4) Engine Tins

75-78 Type 4 Engine Tin
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Does anywhere sell complete 411 pancake tin kit? Reply with quote

You can do some mixing and matching and get by well enough. My first Transporter a '74 had butchered tin but I was able to get hold of both some 412 and some late Bay tin and cob it together. Have slowly converted it to all early bus tin over the years, but some is still mismatched stuff.

Close off any extra holes so you don't loose cooling air.
HITE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Does anywhere sell complete 411 pancake tin kit? Reply with quote

danfromsyr wrote:
FYI, VW type 411 tin is different than VW Bay T-IV engine tin.

if you are looking for Bay bus T-IV engine tin parts then you are in the right forum,
but what year Bus do you have?

1972-73-74 Type IV (4) Engine Tins

75-78 Type 4 Engine Tin

I have a 74. Flat pancake motor. (But yea type 4!)
airkooledchris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Does anywhere sell complete 411 pancake tin kit? Reply with quote

Get ahold of Chris at http://bustedbus.com/ to see if he has the parts you need. There's plenty of sellers here that will have the bits you are missing.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: