Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Boondocking in Northampton MA 2/17. Suggestions?
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
reinheitsgebot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject: Boondocking in Northampton MA 2/17. Suggestions? Reply with quote

Just looking to crash for the night after a show at the Calvin instead of driving two hours to home. Weather looks cooperative. Free Camping app shows spots by the river. Any info?
16" mercedes wheels with T3 hardware
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Boondocking in Northampton MA 2/17. Suggestions? Reply with quote

Maybe download the VanAlert app and see if there are any driveway camping volunteers in the area. See my sig.

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive." Robert Louis Stevenson

MD>Canada>AK>WA>OR>CA>AZ>UT>WY>SD
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=620646

Building a bus for travel in Europe (euroBus)
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=695371

The Western Syncro build
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746794
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: Boondocking in Northampton MA 2/17. Suggestions? Reply with quote

There is a Westie Driveway Person right in Granby MA on 202 on the way home.

Proud Smithie Dad here, love that area!!
Destructo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: Boondocking in Northampton MA 2/17. Suggestions? Reply with quote

I'm in Westhampton 7 miles up the road from Northampton. You're more than welcome to camp out in my driveway. Send me a private message and we can set it up.

Dude, where's your van?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Destructo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Boondocking in Northampton MA 2/17. Suggestions? Reply with quote

I just realized if you're only here for one night there is a free parking lot right behind the Calvin for the courthouse. If you keep the top down nobody should bother you. Also, across from the Northampton Brewery is a large pay for parking. You don't have to pay after 6pm and I don't think you have to pay until 8am the next morning. I had a friend vanlife it there for months.
I wouldn't suggest any offroad spots because it's going to be super muddy this weekend with the odd weather and possible rain.

Dude, where's your van?
GBA 88West LA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Boondocking in Northampton MA 2/17. Suggestions? Reply with quote

who is playing?
Destructo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: Boondocking in Northampton MA 2/17. Suggestions? Reply with quote

An evening with Gaelic Storm

I would be down to grab a pre-show beer if anyone is down. Dirty Truth is right around the corner.

http://iheg.com/calvin_theater_main.asp

Dude, where's your van?
reinheitsgebot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Boondocking in Northampton MA 2/17. Suggestions? Reply with quote

THanks for the quick responses. The courthouse parking sounds like the way to go. Would like to avoid driving at all after the show. It's a Irish band Gealic Storm. Seen them, good time.
16" mercedes wheels with T3 hardware
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Boondocking in Northampton MA 2/17. Suggestions? Reply with quote

Destructo wrote:
An evening with Gaelic Storm

I would be down to grab a pre-show beer if anyone is down. Dirty Truth is right around the corner.

http://iheg.com/calvin_theater_main.asp

With a surprise visit by YoYoMa and Amanda Palmer.
82westyrabbit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Boondocking in Northampton MA 2/17. Suggestions? Reply with quote

I could get you permission to park at Northampton Airport 1.5 miles away. PM if you would like me to get you permission.
vanagonjr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Boondocking in Northampton MA 2/17. Suggestions? Reply with quote

Destructo wrote:
I'm in Westhampton 7 miles up the road from Northampton. You're more than welcome to camp out in my driveway. Send me a private message and we can set it up.

82westyrabbit wrote:
I could get you permission to park at Northampton Airport 1.5 miles away. PM if you would like me to get you permission.

Man you guys are awesome. If I head to NoHo (Ha!) this summer, can I bug either of you? Now that we don't hit the horse show anymore, I miss wandering around downtown trying to figure out what ethnicity food I want!
LiMBO is on Facebook too! https://www.facebook.com/groups/
FAQ thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=525798
Destructo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Boondocking in Northampton MA 2/17. Suggestions? Reply with quote

I'm always down to get a van meet in town and for anyone to use the driveway as a hotel.

Northampton has lots to do for such a small town.

Dude, where's your van?
vanagonjr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Boondocking in Northampton MA 2/17. Suggestions? Reply with quote

October would be cool (OK-literally), love western Mass fall color.
LiMBO is on Facebook too! https://www.facebook.com/groups/
FAQ thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=525798
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Boondocking in Northampton MA 2/17. Suggestions? Reply with quote

beautiful scenery.. Rt9 in VT and Rt2 in MA tween NY and I-91

I run the Mohawk trail and goto Mt Greylock every other year columbus weekend for Transporterfest in Brookline.
little did I realize that there's a community climb to Mt Greylock each columbus day.. Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Multiman mv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Boondocking in Northampton MA 2/17. Suggestions? Reply with quote

reinheitsgebot wrote:
Just looking to crash for the night after a show at the Calvin instead of driving two hours to home. Weather looks cooperative. Free Camping app shows spots by the river. Any info?

“I live in a van, down by the river.”
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: