Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

15x8+ 5x205 5 spoke wheels
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmarkle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject: 15x8+ 5x205 5 spoke wheels Reply with quote

I really like the look of the empi 5 spoke wheels however I am looking for 15x8 and a smaller 15" matching rim for my wannabe Manx buggy. I have seen the DWT rims and the empi star but was hoping to find a wheel closer to the 5 spoke.
Any advice on where to look would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

My bolt pattern is 5x205...I am not entirely against using an adapter plate.
chickengeorge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: 15x8+ 5x205 5 spoke wheels Reply with quote

If you're not against an adapter or even using drilled drums (almost as cheap), then you could purchase any torque thrust look alike. I run Coys C5 wheels.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
bmarkle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 15x8+ 5x205 5 spoke wheels Reply with quote

Thank you very much. I like the wheels and I will be ordering some. What is your preference between adapters vs drilled drums?
chickengeorge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 15x8+ 5x205 5 spoke wheels Reply with quote

bmarkle wrote:
Thank you very much. I like the wheels and I will be ordering some. What is your preference between adapters vs drilled drums?

Drums for sure. You might be stuck with adapters though. If you're working on a 66 or 67, I think you can get drums with Chevy or Ford pattern. Older than that and you'll probably have to do adapters.
bmarkle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 15x8+ 5x205 5 spoke wheels Reply with quote

I purchased torq thrust D wheels. I am using adapters. There was a me tion that older than 67 adapters are the only choice. I have seen blank drums...I presume to be drilled as I like. I live in so cal, where do you recommend to get them drilled?

Thanks for the advice. I am looking forward to my new wheels.
Cheers
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: