Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

empi imp badges
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: empi imp badges Reply with quote

Shoot me a PM with your info. I have sets ready to ship.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jim in VA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:04 am    Post subject: Re: empi imp badges Reply with quote

My 1970 IMP #2062 is almost ready to be street legal. Need a pair of decals to make it complete. Anybody out there making them?
Jim in VA
Mnstrbetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: empi imp badges Reply with quote

I'm interested in a set of these as well. My imp should be done by spring, hopefully.
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: empi imp badges Reply with quote

I'd like to take a poll.. while I can offer decals that resemble the original badges, OE badges are next to impossible to come by. So.. I may have a way to make repops of the OE badges.. 3/16 or 1/4" plastic, with the raised portions where they should be and a simulated chrome finish that will be part of the plastic. I have a ballpark of what it will cost me to do it (and it ain't cheap), so I need some feedback from Imp owners what they think a reasonable price point would be that you would pay for a "real" badge. And, how many would be interested?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jlouis15
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: empi imp badges Reply with quote

I would buy a set. I bought the decals originally. I must be getting old because I don’t remember what you charged. I actually never put them on because I thought I might repaint and didn’t want to ruin the new decals. Now I can’t find them. Again, I’m getting old. Would $200 cover your costs and leave you a nice profit? Does that make me cheap or did I over bid? This feels like an episode of the Price is Right.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: empi imp badges Reply with quote

Decals? Rolling Eyes

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: empi imp badges Reply with quote

Not everybody has an OEM set of emblems, Glenn, that just sit in their desk and won't be used Smile

Jlouis.. It all depends on how many folks are interested to make it viable for me to invest. My initial investment would be 4X your offer, as generous as that is, so I'd have to sell quite a few sets even at $75 or $100 just to break even.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: empi imp badges Reply with quote

Letterman7 wrote:
Not everybody has an OEM set of emblems, Glenn, that just sit in their desk and won't be used Smile

Actually those were sold and were put on a street driven Imp.

Sorry, but I don't have a display case filled with NOS parts.

My point is, never give up on finding NOS parts... they are out there. They just cost $$$$.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
card1concepts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: empi imp badges Reply with quote

Hi, my brother-in-law is restoring an IMP and I would love to surprise him with a set of those decals. Do you still have some for sale and if so how much?
Soul_Rebel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: empi imp badges Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
Decals? Rolling Eyes

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I think I have these. Let me know if anyone is interested.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: