Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

CB Performance Streetster Quiet pack on my 68
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
nbuscemi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:55 am    Post subject: CB Performance Streetster Quiet pack on my 68 Reply with quote

I was going to get one of those EMPI GT style systems but decided that for a few extra bucks I could get something better. I like the idea of running a header so I can use the muffler for street driving and easily swap out to a stinger for the track. The system comes raw, painting is required. I used VHT primer and aluminum top coat. Fitment was pretty good. i had to open up the mounting holes on the driver side, but other than that, build quality is top notch.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

-Nick-
67jason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:42 am    Post subject: Re: CB Performance Streetster Quiet pack on my 68 Reply with quote

awesome!! it's nice to see someone use a quality exhaust system that doesn't break the bank. so often i read about people wanting to put different flavors of chinease junk exhuasts on thier rides as inexpensive upgrades.

i put one of CB's streetster systems on my wifes ghia (i used the one they sell for type 2's and it fit nicely on the back of a ghia) and it is great! best inexpensive exhaust out there as far as i am concerned. the quality takes me back to the hey day of S&S, berg, 4-tuned and others. certainly not empi junk quality lol.

nbuscemi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: CB Performance Streetster Quiet pack on my 68 Reply with quote

I can't understand why more folks don't but these systems. Only 20-30 bucks more and they are made here in the US. I asked CB if they made them, they said no. There's an exhaust shop in Anaheim CA that makes the systems for them. Don't care either way. Looks good, sounds great, and they come raw so you don't have to scrape off the crappy "shipping pain" the chinese system some with.

-Nick-
rockerarm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: CB Performance Streetster Quiet pack on my 68 Reply with quote

Hi. Nice car and nice exhaust. X2 for what Jason stated. Why not get a small exhaust U clamp and support the end of the muffler to the header pipe?
Hope this helps, Bill.
nbuscemi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: CB Performance Streetster Quiet pack on my 68 Reply with quote

rockerarm wrote:
Hi. Nice car and nice exhaust. X2 for what Jason stated. Why not get a small exhaust U clamp and support the end of the muffler to the header pipe?
Hope this helps, Bill.

Thanks, and yes the plan is to get a clamp to support the muffler. I wanted the paint to fully cure before attaching anything to it.

-Nick-
L51C_75
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: CB Performance Streetster Quiet pack on my 68 Reply with quote

I am interested in this header/muffler combo for my 74 Beetle. How loud is this muffler and is there any drone? There are lots of sound clips on youtube of empi single quiet packs, wondering if this set up sounds similar?
nbuscemi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: CB Performance Streetster Quiet pack on my 68 Reply with quote

This exhaust is not as quiet as as a stock muffler, but not nearly as loud as a glass pack. Yes, it sounds very much like the empi single quiet systems. I just prefer CB systems as they are made here in US and are of higher quality.

-Nick-
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: CB Performance Streetster Quiet pack on my 68 Reply with quote

FYI-I believe Al's Headers is the manufacturer
flatfour
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: CB Performance Streetster Quiet pack on my 68 Reply with quote

How was the fit of this system? I saw you said you had to open up the mounting holes. I assume they weren't lining up very good since you opened them up?
nbuscemi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: CB Performance Streetster Quiet pack on my 68 Reply with quote

Yes, the upper hole on the driver side flange was about 1mm off. I drilled out the hole with the next size up drill bit and we were back in action. Something as simple as cylinder deck clearance can effect this.

I still give this system an A+ and would recommend to anyone looking to upgrade from a stock system!

-Nick-
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: