Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Driver side front sits lower than passenger
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
74superTN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject: Driver side front sits lower than passenger Reply with quote

Any ideas why my drivers side front end sits lower than the other side? My frame is straight, meaning I can measure the beam on both ends and it's the same height...
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Driver side front sits lower than passenger Reply with quote

You may need to adjust your rear spring plate angle.
74superTN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: Driver side front sits lower than passenger Reply with quote

Its not the rear, that sits perfectly level...My beam up front is level to the ground but the front end of the body sits a little lower on the drivers side.
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Driver side front sits lower than passenger Reply with quote

No expert on body mounting, but there are rubber mounts that sit above the beam that split and fall out. They are only about a 1/2" thick though.
74superTN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: Driver side front sits lower than passenger Reply with quote

Ok thanks, might be what it is..I wasn't around when my buddy reinstalled my beam.
iltis74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Driver side front sits lower than passenger Reply with quote

If the beam is level, is the body not in line with it? Could it just be the fender installed off a bit, or the bumper drooping from installation/standing on it?
74superTN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Driver side front sits lower than passenger Reply with quote

UPDATE and FIX:
It ended up being my bumper...It was bent down on the drivers side, so a carefully placed jack under the lower side and some patience put it back into place!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: