Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New guy with a question and Volksrods.com
Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
AMMO22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:47 am    Post subject: New guy with a question and Volksrods.com Reply with quote

Great site here guys and gals. I am new to this site and just got my first Beetle not long ago. I have been reading tons of great info on this site and joining other for even more info. That leads me to my question.

Is anyone on here either registered at Volksrods.com or know someone over there? I registered on that site well over a month ago and my account has still not been activated, so I am looking for help.

Not looking to offend anyone here just need some help to get some info.

Thanks in advance,
Jay
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: New guy with a question Reply with quote

Welcome to The Samba!

Try the “Other VW vehicles/Volksrods” forums section here...
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewforum.php?f=46&sid=78435e389e40203d7a22c65f1b58f9e4
As they’ll surely embrace another fellow Volksrod enthusiast, & some of them might be on Volksrods.com, I believe Ken, AKA Volkswagnut, most likely is.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
AMMO22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: New guy with a question Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome! I must say, I feel a little dumb right know lol. After looking through this forum for months, I never noticed the volksrod section.

I wouldn't call myself a volksrod enthusiast per say, it just so happens that the first beetle I have purchased has a no fender and a beam extension in it.

Thanks again,
Jay
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: New guy with a question Reply with quote

how about some pics?
AMMO22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: New guy with a question Reply with quote

Sure

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Raymond73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: New guy with a question Reply with quote

Welcome, AMMO22. How's the weather up there in sunny Minot, ND?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
AMMO22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: New guy with a question Reply with quote

Thanks! A nice sunny and balmy 12 degrees with a few fresh inches of snow LOL
Raymond73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: New guy with a question Reply with quote

AMMO22 wrote:
Thanks! A nice sunny and balmy 12 degrees with a few fresh inches of snow LOL

A couple days ago it was 70 here. Then it dropped down to 40 yesterday, snowed, and now it's all pretty much gone. Crazy weather.

I see in your profile that you too are retired USAF. It's a small world. I retired from the Air Force in '13 and Minot was my last base. I spent 14 years there (741st and 91st). There are times I miss ND.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
AMMO22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: New guy with a question Reply with quote

Yeah, the weather has been crazy this winter for us, almost no snow.

I am Retired AMMO, I'm sure you could tell from the name LOL. I retired in 2014 and spent 18 of my 22 and half here at Minot, that's the main reason I'm still here.
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: New guy with a question Reply with quote

Cool car. I will admit though the stinger not being centered with the deck lid bugs me lol.
AMMO22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: New guy with a question Reply with quote

HAHA, it actually bothers me too. I will be looking into ways to correct that.
Raymond73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: New guy with a question Reply with quote

Yeah, Minot does make it easy to homestead. Relatively unusual for the Air Force and military in general, but I guess Minot is pretty unique in that respect. I think I would have stayed there though if it wasn't for my wife wanting to move closer to her family here in PA. She had enough, I think.

Little snow was always one of those mixed bags sort of thing. Easy flood control, but little ground water for the growing season. Minot probably needs a break though after the flood. I was in Minot last fall to visit and noticed houses around Oak Park that were still boarded up.
AMMO22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: New guy with a question Reply with quote

Yeah, there is still a lot of houses that need attention and a lot of things that need handled from the flood. Last year was a nasty winter too with a ton of snow for us.
tattooed_pariah
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: New guy with a question and Volksrods.com Reply with quote

great lookin car!

did you use the same username over there as here?

I get a couple messages a year like this, here's the deal:

Volksrods.com is owned by one man gracious enough to pay server fees out of pocket. He does have a small group of "moderators" to help keep things civil (they rarely need to interfere), but he keeps account approval to himself. EVERY account must be individually approved. This is kind of a pain in the ass for people to wait for his personal life to open enough time to approve them, but it pays off because we almost NEVER get invaded with spam threads in other languages. Scammers rarely, if ever, make it through the process, and when they do, they are dealt with swiftly.

I can drop him a line that you are waiting to participate in the fun, just lemme know if this is the right username. Smile

"Never worry about stepping on people's toes. People who get their toes stepped on are either sitting down, or standing still on the job."
-Admiral Arleigh Burke, USN(ret.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
AMMO22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: New guy with a question and Volksrods.com Reply with quote

Yeah, I used AMMO22 over there too. It would be great if you could drop a line for me. I get that real life sometimes gets in the way, by no means is this an emergency, just trying to talk cars with cars with car folks and enjoy mine.

Thanks a lot,
Jay
tattooed_pariah
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: New guy with a question and Volksrods.com Reply with quote

sent the boss man a message for ya Very Happy

"Never worry about stepping on people's toes. People who get their toes stepped on are either sitting down, or standing still on the job."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
AMMO22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: New guy with a question and Volksrods.com Reply with quote

Thanks a lot man, seems I have a fully functional account now.
tattooed_pariah
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: New guy with a question and Volksrods.com Reply with quote

glad to help Smile

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: