Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

2017 Southwest Colorado off road adventure Aug 4-6
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Southwest Colorado off road adventure Aug 4-6 Reply with quote

I had a couple issues with my poor dog on the trip, but I thoroughly enjoyed the drive on Saturday.

Here are a few of my pics.

These guys were surely enjoying the "parade."

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

"Are we going up that hill next?"

That trailer just seemed to happily bounce along the path.

Camit34, I took nearly the same pic as you, mere moments later! (I saw your bus at the shop, but was in a big hurry to get to Colorado Springs, and was afraid to leave the sick Great Dane alone in the bus!

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KCW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: 2017 Southwest Colorado off road adventure Aug 4-6 Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone involved for an epic weekend... I enjoyed it and will try and make it a yearly thing now!!!!!!!!! Rich, C dollar.. Your the best!
volksaddict
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: 2017 Southwest Colorado off road adventure Aug 4-6 Reply with quote

Hope Jackson is ok, he was the life of the party!
camit34
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Southwest Colorado off road adventure Aug 4-6 Reply with quote

vwwestyman wrote:
I had a couple issues with my poor dog on the trip, but I thoroughly enjoyed the drive on Saturday.

Camit34, I took nearly the same pic as you, mere moments later! (I saw your bus at the shop, but was in a big hurry to get to Colorado Springs, and was afraid to leave the sick Great Dane alone in the bus!

Ha! That's awesome! Your pup is great and was fun watching all the dogs.
1967 Freedom Camper (SOLD)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Birkengrün Schönheit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Southwest Colorado off road adventure Aug 4-6 Reply with quote

Finally back home, ourselves. Thanks Rich and everyone for another memorable adventure in the mountains. Here are a few of my best pics.

As much as this is not really an organized event, here are some of the other random trips that I think may be responsible for the past weekend.

big bus Mike inspired us with his
New Mexico: Mt Withington Snow adventure. Feb 3rd-5th, 2012
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=490963

and Chris and I followed up that trip with this one
Colorado: San Juan Mtns trail trip Sept 22-23, 2012
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=523315

and Mike held another Snow Adventure
New Mexico Overland Snow Adventure Mar 8-10 , 2013
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=540323

After a bit of a hiatus Rich & Manfred took up the torch with the
Colorado: Medano Pass Muster July 31-Aug 2, 2015
https://www.thesamba.com/vw//forum/viewtopic.php?t=614296

so we returned to the S.San Juans but in Summer instead of Fall
Colorado: Southern San Juans Trip II, July 29-31, 2016
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=647995

...and that led us to this Southwest Colorado off road adventure.
Thanks for a new route, Rich!
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Southwest Colorado off road adventure Aug 4-6 Reply with quote

I'm so happy this trip has grown to what it has today. I had no idea BBM put trips on back is 2012 and 13, until this trip. Super stoked the Wander Bus crew make it, it not the same without them! There has to be more pics out there, please post them, we all want to see them.

Hope to see all the front range crew at the Buses at The Brewery event in two weeks. I'm hoping to make the Friday night campout but not 100% on that yet.

Can't wait for next years trip! Gunnison?
’65 Deluxe Build
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Southwest Colorado off road adventure Aug 4-6 Reply with quote

It seems as if the whole crew had a blast. Not sure if my type one could have crossed the water due to low clearence. Other then that it would not have been and issue.
If the GMC would have tagged along I would have been banished for sure.

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Southwest Colorado off road adventure Aug 4-6 Reply with quote

Gunnison has some great territory north and south of town. Good idea. My Bus is running, looks like my distributor is not advancing correctly however.
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Southwest Colorado off road adventure Aug 4-6 Reply with quote

Manfred58sc wrote:
Gunnison has some great territory north and south of town. Good idea. My Bus is running, looks like my distributor is not advancing correctly however.

Manfred, are you gonna be at The Buses at the Brewery event on the 26th?
’65 Deluxe Build
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: 2017 Southwest Colorado off road adventure Aug 4-6 Reply with quote

I think so, Mike is hunting up a good German 009 for me. That is the last barrier to my participation. Sure have missed driving my Bus.
busboyjake
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Southwest Colorado off road adventure Aug 4-6 Reply with quote

Bump!

Any plans ready for the 2018 trip?
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Southwest Colorado off road adventure Aug 4-6 Reply with quote

Good question, the locals are getting restless and summers fill up fast on peoples schedules. Maybe a route outside Paonia?? That is such a cool town with lots of forest trails. Lets start talkin'
Mountain Haus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: 2017 Southwest Colorado off road adventure Aug 4-6 Reply with quote

Popcorn

1978 Dakota Beige Westy
1964 Euro "S" Variant
1972 Tin Top 9 Passenger Deluxe
1978 Honda CT90
1978-ish Chrysler Snorunner
and usually a couple of stragglers...?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdollar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Southwest Colorado off road adventure Aug 4-6 Reply with quote

Sorry for the lack of updates, folks. Been busy!

Like Richie said, this year's installment of the SW Colorado off-road adventure will be the last weekend of July, the 27th-29th. That will put the trip the weekend before the Rhythms On The Rio music festival in South Fork (Aug 3-5). ROTR did free admission and camping for people in VW busses last year, and I'm hoping they'll do the same this year.

I don't have a finalized route to share just yet... Richie and I are going to firm that up "really soon". But I'm really targeting the Creede area, or maybe the Telluride/Dallas Divide/Ridgeway area.

I'll post up an official thread as soon as the route is nailed down... Hopefully by this time next week.
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Southwest Colorado off road adventure Aug 4-6 Reply with quote

Alright!! Good timing, the Creede area is rich with trails and not overrun with "Razor" driving boneheads. A stop at Blue Mesa would also be fun on a hot day. Thanks for proving an update.
big bus mike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Southwest Colorado off road adventure Aug 4-6 Reply with quote

Quote:
Like Richie said, this year's installment of the SW Colorado off-road adventure will be the last weekend of July, the 27th-29th.

Sweet, my birthday is on the 25th! It's nice of you to get me a present like this!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdollar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Southwest Colorado off road adventure Aug 4-6 Reply with quote

big bus mike wrote:
Quote:
Like Richie said, this year's installment of the SW Colorado off-road adventure will be the last weekend of July, the 27th-29th.

Sweet, my birthday is on the 25th! It's nice of you to get me a present like this!

Sounds like a great excuse for some dutch oven peach cobbler Cool
cdollar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Southwest Colorado off road adventure Aug 4-6 Reply with quote

The 2018 trip now has a thread! Hope you all can make it! https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=696248
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: