Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Toyota pickup vs Baja bug
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
greggl4321
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject: Toyota pickup vs Baja bug Reply with quote

Toyota pickup with a locked differential and only a front total chaos setup. 2wd.

vs

Ball joint front and IRS rear?

They make cheaper A arm setups for the Baja bugs then they do the Toyota pickup. I'm surprised China isn't making them like crazy by now. As I am surprised that most modern cars don't have rear engine/center air cooled engine with lots of suspension travel, in addition to being rear wheel drive

How much do you think I'm looking at when it comes to getting A arm suspension installed on a Baja bug? What options am I looking at?
For starters, I'm guessing a full cage would be one of them.
I Ride Sand
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Toyota pickup vs Baja bug Reply with quote

go with the toyota. it will be cheaper in the long run. stock for stock the vw is better, but ith a total chaos kit and better parts availability the toyota is a better desert toy. I am running a ranger at the moment, i have a vw sandrail, and i've had a couple baja bugs. the ranger is the go-to in most cases, and if not that the sandrail is next.
SuperSamba Premium Member
Samba False Idol

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Toyota pickup vs Baja bug Reply with quote

Again

EverettB wrote:
Please continue your existing thread:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=680265

Locked as duplicate thread.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: