Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Samba Book Club
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe 20
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Samba Book Club Reply with quote

LAGrunthaner pm sent.
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: Samba Book Club Reply with quote

The real Bettie Page “ the truth about the queen of the pinups”

Fascinating story about famous model from the 50s more than just a pretty face Very Happy
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: Samba Book Club Reply with quote

Reading "The New Annotated Frankenstein" and "Democracy in America".

Wanted: Art Collins VW (Savannah, Georgia) items - license plate surrounds and other items. Also ivory "AM", "FM" and "SW" buttons for a US Blaupunkt Frankfurt.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Samba Book Club Reply with quote

Parental advisory music censorship in America by Eric nuzum.

Hilarious book about do gooders such as tipper gore, Jerry fartwell, all the usual suspects trying to save us from ourselves. Backwards masking, subliminal messaging, sex, drugs and rock and roll. Evil folks like john Denver and Olivia Newton John, dean Martin. LMAO. Did you know they censored Frank Zappa’s record despite the fact it was completely instrumental? Lions and tigers and bears oh my .......... Very Happy
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Samba Book Club Reply with quote

Ford County by John Grisham. It’s a collection of short stories. Very interesting, but nothing Spectacular. A good read to fill some time.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Da TOW'D
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: Samba Book Club Reply with quote

Totch.
A life in the Everglades
interesting life story of Loren G. "Totch" Brown
his story of mosquitoes and alligators and pot runners
a good read
9/10
Hank
'92 Eurovan Willy DD
and NUTS
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Samba Book Club Reply with quote

"Last Man Standing" by David Baldacci. FBI good and bad guys, drugs, muder and suspense. Ok I guess, not really my kind of book, but well written.

# 303 and #156

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Samba Book Club Reply with quote

Patty B. wrote:
Fish---Did you know World Without End is a sequel to Pillars of the Earth? Same place, previous generation. I was almost finished reading World Without End and starting to mourn when someone at the coffee shop I was reading in stopped to talk to me about the book and told me it was a sequel----It's a good book too! Also made into a mini-series.

I finally got a copy of Pillars of the Earth, but have to finish A Walk in the Woods first. (About hiking the Appalachian Trail)
Patty, World Without End is number two in a trilogy. There is one more after that called A Column of Fire, which I haven't found yet.

# 303 and #156

&Dan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Samba Book Club Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Reread for probably the twentieth time. See also Travels With My Aunt, The Heart Of The Matter, The Comedians, and on and on.
Time spent in Greeneland is a very good thing.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Samba Book Club Reply with quote

Rat Salad Black Sabbath The Classic Years 1969 1975 by Paul Wilkinson.
far rider Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Samba Book Club Reply with quote

Saratoga. By Richard Ketchum. Copyright 1997. I like reading history and this is a good one.

Contentment; when what you have is what you want.

Last edited by far rider on Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: Samba Book Club Reply with quote

Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Samba Book Club Reply with quote

bugnut68 wrote:

Ice-nine! Great book and author. I've enjoyed and recommend all his books.

# 303 and #156

Da TOW'D
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Samba Book Club Reply with quote

Fish wrote:
bugnut68 wrote:

^^^^ Ditto
I really enjoy his stuff
'92 Eurovan Willy DD
and NUTS
bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Samba Book Club Reply with quote

Fish wrote:
bugnut68 wrote:

It was a great read indeed. I love his short stories too.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Patty B.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Samba Book Club Reply with quote

Fish--Thanks for letting me know about this third book! I'd have never known! 1989, 2007 and 2017--those are some crazy long times between books!

Fish wrote:
Patty B. wrote:
Fish---Did you know World Without End is a sequel to Pillars of the Earth? Same place, previous generation. I was almost finished reading World Without End and starting to mourn when someone at the coffee shop I was reading in stopped to talk to me about the book and told me it was a sequel----It's a good book too! Also made into a mini-series.

I finally got a copy of Pillars of the Earth, but have to finish A Walk in the Woods first. (About hiking the Appalachian Trail)
Patty, World Without End is number two in a trilogy. There is one more after that called A Column of Fire, which I haven't found yet.
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Samba Book Club Reply with quote

A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson, informative book about the hiking the Appalachian Trail. Everyone will enjoy this book, backpackers will understand, nod their head and laugh a bit more.

# 303 and #156

Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Samba Book Club Reply with quote

Patty B. wrote:
Fish--Thanks for letting me know about this third book! I'd have never known! 1989, 2007 and 2017--those are some crazy long times between books!

Fish wrote:
Patty B. wrote:

Patty B,
You're welcome. I just started this book this morning, Pillars of the Earth, and the author talks about writing this first book. Took him over ten years from concept to finish, with most of the writing in the last three years. Very interesting as he describes his process on this book.

# 303 and #156

cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Samba Book Club Reply with quote

Fish wrote:
A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson, informative book about the hiking the Appalachian Trail. Everyone will enjoy this book, backpackers will understand, nod their head and laugh a bit more.

I read this one several years ago. I like Bill Bryson's style.

Currently reading Spies of the Balkans by Alan Furst. Recommended to me by a wonderful woman I got to know who passed away about 18 months ago at age 96. This was the last book she told me she read. So far, it is an interesting read.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Samba Book Club Reply with quote

far rider wrote:
Saratoga. By Richard Ketchum. Copyright 1997. I like reading history and this is a good one.

This may be in the cue for next book to read.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Jump to:
Page 18 of 26

Jump to: