Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Brakes caliper seals
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shlomi32
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject: Brakes caliper seals Reply with quote

Hi all

I started to rebuild my disk calipers. I already ordered seal kit for the piston/cylinder. But the set is not included the seals between the two half of the calipers.

Does anyone know where can I found them?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
bluebus86
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Brakes caliper seals Reply with quote

not sure where to get other than contact vendors.

Possibly clean it and reuse as it is a static non moving seal, unless shrunk or hardened, torn it can be reused. I have reused them once and a while as most kits dont seem to have them.

I have obtained them for my 914 from contacting the vendor that sells rebuilding services. that would be another source, a local brake rebuilder.

some are orings, some flat washers. Yours appears to have a flat washer. flat washers can be cut by you from sheet, orings can be sourced from hardware suppliers, but check the rubber compounds to make sure it is brake fluid compatible. Measure the seals dimensions to get something that is simular.

you simply need a rubber disc with a hole in it, of slightly more thickness than the depth of the cavity it is contained in to get compression for a seal

Good Luck, Bug On!, Disc or drum, its all in fun!

ps if it cleans up nice, Id reuse it if not damaged. been there done that!

Stop introducing dirt into your oil when adjusting valves ... https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=683022
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: