Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

warwgn the 72 baja
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Jump to:
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buggeee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: warwgn the 72 baja Reply with quote

Neat Fix. Look forward to some pics of the build.
SnowDaySyncro wrote:
Every setback is an opportunity to learn stuff and to buy new tools.
cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: warwgn the 72 baja Reply with quote

Just more photo for us to peruse Very Happy
warwgn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: warwgn the 72 baja Reply with quote

Buggeee wrote:
Neat Fix. Look forward to some pics of the build.

Too bad photobucket killed it, I had a lot of pics as you can see if you go back. Basics is I tore it down to just the frame and started over from there, and by frame I mean no pans no body nothing left you could unbolt at all.
sailtexas186548
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: warwgn the 72 baja Reply with quote

It's a good size imo
dustymojave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: warwgn the 72 baja Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Mine uses latches from old ski boots.
Retired from building Bajas, Fiberglass Buggies and Rails in the Mojave Desert. Also Sprints & Midgets, Dry Lakes, Road Race cars. All types New and Vintage
SoCalBajas Member
Kicked Cancer's A$$...1st and 2nd round...Fight ain't over yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
warwgn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: warwgn the 72 baja Reply with quote

Awesome repurpose!! I love it.
warwgn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: warwgn the 72 baja Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/cwzqQx_f9EY

I did a video of the bug last night instead of a bunch of pictures.
Buggeee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: warwgn the 72 baja Reply with quote

warwgn wrote:
https://youtu.be/cwzqQx_f9EY

I did a video of the bug last night instead of a bunch of pictures.

Awesome tour of a Monster Bug! That one really is yours. So many spools of wire. Over the top on every angle of it. Love the gas tank fill door relocation. Cool
SnowDaySyncro wrote:
warwgn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: warwgn the 72 baja Reply with quote

put in he fuel cell just to see what I was thinking and where I was, and go into a few more details about the cage n stuff.

https://youtu.be/4VcPOr4SVQE

Gonna keep doing the video thing I think I like it and can put in a lot more info about my build. If anyone wants specific info or pics just let me know and I will do my best. Plan is to get the garage cleaned up and start organizing parts and get back on track once I figure out the plan and where I left off.
warwgn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: warwgn the 72 baja Reply with quote

not a huge amount of progress yet, but did get the shop cleaned up so I can actually do some work now and of course been doing lots of building in my head so it will be easier when I actually do it.

I really like the idea of using youtube to document my build, it's fun and a bit more easy to describe what I am doing so think I will keep at it. Should be doing more work this weekend.
Buggeee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: warwgn the 72 baja Reply with quote

warwgn wrote:
not a huge amount of progress yet, but did get the shop cleaned up so I can actually do some work now and of course been doing lots of building in my head so it will be easier when I actually do it.

I really like the idea of using youtube to document my build, it's fun and a bit more easy to describe what I am doing so think I will keep at it. Should be doing more work this weekend.

Plus you may develop a youtube following and generate advertising and retire to build bajas full time. Smile It is really going to be a strong baja you are building
SnowDaySyncro wrote:
warwgn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: warwgn the 72 baja Reply with quote

ha ha ha, I am not gonna hold my breath for the youtube following. I don't do my videos like everyone else, I don't edit, I don't have an intro, I don't have the camera on my face talking about blah blah blah for 90% of the video. I just want to get right to it and show what the video is about, most of that is just about showing what I am doing so it helps generate ideas for others or they can just copy me, the other half is I just don't know how to edit or really have the time to make some real fancy thing. Maybe down the line I will have to edit so I can show how I do something as I do it but for now just before and after.

Back on track to the build.....I have been delayed over the weekend cause I got busy with working on the bike, caught a large bolt in the back tire so had to take care of that since it's my daily driver. This weekend I plan to do some more welding, gotta put on the other side hold down and go back over the fuel fill door I found a spot that was not welded when I sanded off some body work. Guess I was in a hurry with putting on some filler and covered the seam that still was not welded?? then a lot of grinding on some other welds to clearance for the side bars and see if that drops them down enough to work or if I will need to cut and modify them to work right.
warwgn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: warwgn the 72 baja Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

welded on
warwgn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: warwgn the 72 baja Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/hswb7prx26E

posted a video update, show the side bar and quick release steering wheel alnong with some other bits.
sailtexas186548
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: warwgn the 72 baja Reply with quote

DONE YET !?!
warwgn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: warwgn the 72 baja Reply with quote

I am getting very close to thinking about working on it again Razz
warwgn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: warwgn the 72 baja Reply with quote

WOW, just looked and I started this 4 years ago!!!! What a slacker, I built the whole car up in about 4 months then it sat for the rest of the time Shocked
5.2jeepyj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: warwgn the 72 baja Reply with quote

Any updates? Love everything you have done. Some are ideas I've had it's nice to be able to visualize them. Keep it up
warwgn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: warwgn the 72 baja Reply with quote

Well this project is under new management. I sold it yesterday after much deliberation, not really happy about it but I am ok with it. I have changed directions in life and this is one of those things that I just had to cut loose, I would have dropped at least another 10K on this project and had a very Nice $20,000 baja Laughing Laughing Never would have got my money out of that and I would have had to kill one of my kids if the wrecked it so it was best to let it go now and put that money toward my future retirement home which will be a boat Rolling Eyes

I bought another motorcycle too so needed room in the garage for parking. The new owner read this thread before he bought it so maybe he will post up pics as he goes forward with his own vision.

It's been fun, and thanks for all the great comments and advise!!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Jump to:
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: