Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonny1309
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Nice Ian! How have you been?

Barndoor Mafia wrote:
Add a cop mustache, some cholo shades and a Doyers cap to the guy in the suit .......... Tocayo.

scottvw wrote:
kiss my ass Tom....I'm without centercaps right now.

OgCalLook wrote:
nothin' wrong with: Nose down - Ass up!! Twisted Evil

Ragman wrote:
Did you tell her that Al Reed painted them?

lonslo wrote:
My tailbone still hurts like hell. Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sidstrife
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

Update:
4" Narrowed Adjustable Front Dubfab Air Beam with 4" Welded Wagenswest Drop Spindles
Custom 3" Drop Trailing Arms IRS Rear End by VicBuilt @theLab
Accuair Elevel 4 Valve Air Management

junichi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

Shocked I just wet myself! What a beauty.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BATComm1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

OK..done ALLOT of reading and learned and also got confused but it will work out...

Here is my question: 66 deluxe with an IRS kit from Vintage VDub, their website is a bit confusing if I can use Type 3 drums and not have to cut them down or use Thing drums and cut them down...thats the first part...second part of the question...will a 15x6.5 wheel work on the rear with this set up?

AAAAANNNNDDDDDDD GO!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

1965 Beetle, 1966 13 window deluxe walk thru (SOLD) 84 Rabbit 16V Swap
dolfie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:42 am    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

I am thinking about changing the rims in my bus, not really sure if I want to go for stock rims or some 15s fuchs. Rolling Eyes

I would appreciate very much your recommendation of what would you fit and what tire specs?
much appreciated!

Bus is now running:
Creative front narrow beam
Independent Rear Suspension conversion
Disc Kit, Front, Solid, 5x205, Bus 55-63 (CSP)
Disc Kit, Back, Solid, 5x205, Bus 55-63 (CSP)

185/65/15 Radar replicas all round.

Thanks Very Happy

hpybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

hi i want to lower my 66 as much as i can without having to worrie about drive ways and speed bumps i want to run 17x7 wheels with 215 40 or 45 tires that should give it a look of being lowered so do i need to tub wells how narrow a front beam swing arm rear what kind of plates and springs thanks
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

hpybus wrote:
hi i want to lower my 66 as much as i can without having to worrie about drive ways and speed bumps i want to run 17x7 wheels with 215 40 or 45 tires that should give it a look of being lowered so do i need to tub wells how narrow a front beam swing arm rear what kind of plates and springs thanks

You'll have better luck asking in this thread... https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=66927

I am betting that with that tall tire/wheel combo if you want to be lowered at all, you will need some tubs and other serious suspension/body mods.
busworks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

hpybus wrote:

This is not a cut and dry question. But here was mine with 17x7 in the front, 205/45 17.

This is a 4” narrowed ball joint beam with dropped bay spindles. Straight axle in the rear.
If I did this again, it would be with a 4” king/link pin beam snd flipped spindles. [/img]
BATComm1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

busworks wrote:
hpybus wrote:

This is not a cut and dry question. But here was mine with 17x7 in the front, 205/45 17.

This is a 4” narrowed ball joint beam with dropped bay spindles. Straight axle in the rear.
If I did this again, it would be with a 4” king/link pin beam snd flipped spindles. [/img]

Bus looks great, I've got a 66 4" narrowed and flipped spindles, I rooted the dice with the rear doing an IRS conversion with adjustable spring plates... My dice roll was the wheels 15x6.5.....im hoping they fit, can't even fathom a tire size guess yet...

1965 Beetle, 1966 13 window deluxe walk thru (SOLD) 84 Rabbit 16V Swap
busworks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

[quote="BATComm1"][quote="busworks"]
hpybus wrote:

If I did this again, it would be with a 4” king/link pin beam snd flipped spindles.

Bus looks great, I've got a 66 4" narrowed and flipped spindles, I rooted the dice with the rear doing an IRS conversion with adjustable spring plates... My dice roll was the wheels 15x6.5.....im hoping they fit, can't even fathom a tire size guess yet...

It all depends on the offset. I narrowed the rear and had 17x9 1/2 wheels in the rear.
I’m building an IRS setup now with narrowed trailing arms to gain some wheel offset. We’ll see how it turns out.
squareonair
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

155/60/15 fronts
215/60/15 rear

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

squareonair wrote:
155/60/15 fronts
215/60/15 rear

Can you share the suspension specs? Bus looks great!
jacopotex
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

My single cab with
Front 165/45 r16
Rear 185/55 r 16
Rims 7
squareonair
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
squareonair wrote:
155/60/15 fronts
215/60/15 rear

Can you share the suspension specs? Bus looks great!

it has narrowed rear torsions with short axles/short splines

and i built a 2.5 inch narrowed beam with shocks on all four corners
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

squareonair wrote:

I would have guessed that beam was narrower with that much tuck.

Thanks for the info.
chris henry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
squareonair wrote:

Thanks for the info.

I think its the offset on those sprints that gives it that look Corey
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

chris henry wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
squareonair wrote:

Thanks for the info.

Yep, I would guess that's the case.
squareonair
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
chris henry wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
squareonair wrote:

Thanks for the info.

yes the front wheels have a high offset on them..i was after a good drivable stance and decent ride with the look of the big and little tire and wheels effect of a old hot rod and still be narrowed enuff for the turning radious it needs with out tubbing it
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

squareonair wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
chris henry wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
squareonair wrote:

Thanks for the info.

yes the front wheels have a high offset on them..i was after a good drivable stance and decent ride with the look of the big and little tire and wheels effect of a old hot rod and still be narrowed enuff for the turning radius it needs with out tubbing it

Is there any room to run a less narrowed beam at that height with that wheel/tire combo? Or is it set just about right?
squareonair
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
squareonair wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
chris henry wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
squareonair wrote:

Thanks for the info.

yes the front wheels have a high offset on them..i was after a good drivable stance and decent ride with the look of the big and little tire and wheels effect of a old hot rod and still be narrowed enuff for the turning radius it needs with out tubbing it

Is there any room to run a less narrowed beam at that height with that wheel/tire combo? Or is it set just about right?

i have built some busses with that 145/65/15 size with a stock width beam and just flipped spindle before and it was fine with stock bus wheels as there about the same as the wheels i have..but couldnt go any lower than that without a narrowed beam

145/65 is the same tallness but is more of a narrowed tire than what im running

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Jump to:
Page 54 of 60

Jump to: