Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Who has molds for.......
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
kitcarguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject: Who has molds for....... Reply with quote

Hey Everyone. I am always curious to see whats still out there in regards to kit car or dune buggy molds. I know some of you have some of know of some around.

Lets see some pics and tell us what you have.
surfnc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Who has molds for....... Reply with quote

I have all 13 panel molds for the Manx SR. If anyone is interested they are for sale. PM me for more info.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

**Orange mold would not be included***
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
parmaynu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Who has molds for....... Reply with quote

Just out of interest. How many mounds should there be?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
surfnc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Who has molds for....... Reply with quote

!3 is the complete original kit. Rear trunk, 2 sides, hood, rear sail outer, rear sail inner, dash, tub, 2 doors outer, 2 door inner, front wiper mount.

Tops and side windows came later.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kitcarguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Who has molds for....... Reply with quote

You have had these on ebay a few times recently if I recall

surfnc wrote:
I have all 13 panel molds for the Manx SR. If anyone is interested they are for sale. PM me for more info.

**Orange mold would not be included***

kitcarguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Who has molds for....... Reply with quote

Also what is the Orange mold?
surfnc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Who has molds for....... Reply with quote

Never on eBay. I did have an SR kit on eBay though.

The orange mold is for the Targa top that came later. It would not be included in the mold set and was not original to the first kits.
kitcarguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Who has molds for....... Reply with quote

Maybe it was craigslist or the classifieds here. I remember seeing them recently for sale somewhere haha

surfnc wrote:
Never on eBay. I did have an SR kit on eBay though.

The orange mold is for the Targa top that came later. It would not be included in the mold set and was not original to the first kits.

surfnc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Who has molds for....... Reply with quote

Maybe another set or on FB. I did mention them there.
Wolfgangdieter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Who has molds for....... Reply with quote

I've seen several sets of molds for the '57 CMC 356 Porsche Speedster body. Always the flared California body never the classic body. Guy in Sarasota FL bought set from local friend several years a go. He has produced several bodies.

Here's a set in Indianapolis, IN:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2122594
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Who has molds for....... Reply with quote

Getting out of it, Vince?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kitcarguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Who has molds for....... Reply with quote

I seen this one recently. I have pictures of the CMC Speedster molds and they do not look the same .

Wolfgangdieter wrote:
I've seen several sets of molds for the '57 CMC 356 Porsche Speedster body. Always the flared California body never the classic body. Guy in Sarasota FL bought set from local friend several years a go. He has produced several bodies.

Here's a set in Indianapolis, IN:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2122594

Wolfgangdieter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Who has molds for....... Reply with quote

Seller says "believed to be CMC". They could also be the later CMC follow on - Street Beast. If one could see a body produced from the mold you could tel manf - Street Beast had about 1/3 of the rear floor cast in the body.
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Who has molds for....... Reply with quote

I have a Towd Mold. It was modified to be straight across the seat area instead of dipping for the fuel tank inlet. Just to be a touch different and not cause problems with Meyers Manx, Inc.

It is the white mold in the pictures. The mold was taken off of the original Towd blue body. You can see where the blue body was modified between the seats before the mold was splashed.

Everyone is gifted. Some just do not open the package.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
kitcarguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:53 am    Post subject: Re: Who has molds for....... Reply with quote

Wolfgangdieter wrote:
Seller says "believed to be CMC". They could also be the later CMC follow on - Street Beast. If one could see a body produced from the mold you could tel manf - Street Beast had about 1/3 of the rear floor cast in the body.

I was under the impression the Street Beast/CMC molds were all the same since both companies were owned by the same guy.

You can see a few of the CMC molds just rotting away behind Street Beast before they shut down

Wolfgangdieter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Who has molds for....... Reply with quote

The Street Beast got away from using a VW pan - they went with a custom tubular frame Those who have built one say the welding jig was off and they had to redrill/tap the suspension mounting holes.

Here's Porsche 550 molds for $100k -
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fiberglass-Porsche-Spyder...SwI59aKWHq
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Who has molds for....... Reply with quote

Bwahahah.... $100K and you still have to import them from Brazil.
Wolfgangdieter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Who has molds for....... Reply with quote

I see a CMC 359 straight out of the mold in one picture of CMC molds. Also a Cobra nose. What's the white one on its side - looks like a VW Karman Ghia coupe from back fender and top section? Shame they disappeared. As bad a business model CMC pursued the early cars were not bad. They produced a lot of Speedsters. I was lot younger in '80 and was travelling a lot - seemed every airport I ended up in had a Speedster/MGTD replica/Tiffany in the arrival lobby. Probably where I got the impulse to eventually own one.
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: Who has molds for....... Reply with quote

Wolfgangdieter wrote:
What's the white one on its side - looks like a VW Karman Ghia coupe from back fender and top section?

Would have to look at one to compare but maybe a Daytona Coupe? Looks like it's the same car you see the nose of on the left in the first pic.

mark tucker wrote:
I wouldent waste $ or thyme on building a small motor. build it big so it dosent have to work hard.remember it's only as fast as your foot alows it to be unless you build a small turd then it just stinks as it squishes up through your toes when you step on it.
McLela
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Who has molds for....... Reply with quote

Those are StreetBeasts molds and if anyone knows who now owns them please let me know. The white coupe on it's side is the 1966 Cobra Coupe mold.

In December 2017 I found and bought a Streetbeasts 1966 Cobra Coupe kit still in the original shipping crate. For some reason the doors were not shipped with the kit and the doors are missing.
If I can find who how owns the 1966 Cobra Coupe molds maybe I can get them to make me doors for my car.

If anyone has a Assembly Manual for the Streetbeasts 1966 Cobra Coupe or a brochure on the car please let me know.

[email protected]

Thanks
Dan
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: