Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1985, 1986, 1987 Wolfsburg Camper Documentation? Help please!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 1986 Vanagon Wolfsburg Documentation? Help Please Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
I've got a limited edition Chevy Viega, too. I'll bet the Limited verbiage wasn't in the car name , but just added marketing fluff.

Cosworth? Very Happy

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vanagonjr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 1986 Vanagon Wolfsburg Documentation? Help Please Reply with quote

babywindow wrote:
I've got an 87 Wolfsburg Weekender (base camper)...

As far as I can tell the Wolfsburg got A/C, Power Steering, and Power Mirrors, bit not power windows.

I've got an 86 Wolfsburg Westfalia basic camper, aka Wolfsburg Westfalia Weekender (VW WWW Wink )
Anyways, no AC on mine. Mine also has no power windows, but also has the power mirrors and shed-or-roy interior fabric though.
LiMBO is on Facebook too! https://www.facebook.com/groups/
FAQ thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=525798
SyncroHead Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 1986 Vanagon Wolfsburg Documentation? Help Please Reply with quote

vanagonjr wrote:
babywindow wrote:
I've got an 87 Wolfsburg Weekender (base camper)...

As far as I can tell the Wolfsburg got A/C, Power Steering, and Power Mirrors, bit not power windows.

I've got an 86 Wolfsburg Westfalia basic camper, aka Wolfsburg Westfalia Weekender (VW WWW Wink )
Anyways, no AC on mine. Mine also has no power windows, but also has the power mirrors and shed-or-roy interior fabric though.

"Shed-or-roy" - that's good. The tweed fabric in the 1990-91 base vans shredded upon sight also, but their velour lasts like iron.

You wouldn't happen to have a copy of it's new car window sticker would you?

Also, What's the VIN for this vehicle? I'm working to trace nail down further details about VW's vehicle designations shown in the VIN.

Thanks for helping!

Jim

Check out:
www.VANAVATION.com
www.SyncroSafari.org and
www.Vanagons.org

sphet wrote:
I have *no* idea what the previous owner carried in his Westy... angry donkeys?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: 1986 Vanagon Wolfsburg Documentation? Help Please Reply with quote

So far I've not been able to find a single piece of written material from VW that attests to the 1986 Wolfburg Vanagons. I certainly do know they exist, but without something in writing from VW (brochure, window sticker, advertisement, Etc.) that describes what was "Wolfsburg" about it, I can only make guesses and assumptions.

So, anyone with anything in writing from VW describing the 86 Vanagon Wolfsburg?

Also, vanagonjr, can you provide the VIN of your 86 Wolfsburg please?

Thanks!!

Jim Davis

Check out:
www.VANAVATION.com
www.SyncroSafari.org and
www.Vanagons.org

sphet wrote:
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vanagonjr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 1986 Vanagon Wolfsburg Documentation? Help Please Reply with quote

SyncroHead wrote:

So, anyone with anything in writing from VW d
Also, [b]vanagonjr
, can you provide the VIN of your 86 Wolfsburg please?

WV2XB0252GH######
Has wolfsburg badges on the fenders. I don't have the dealer sticker.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: 1986 Vanagon Wolfsburg Documentation? Help Please Reply with quote

vanagonjr wrote:
WV2XB0252GH######

Thanks. This is the second 1986 Vanagon Camper Wolfsburg with the X in the 4th position.
Generally in the USA we only see
Y = Passenger Vanagons
Z = Campers

X is noted in most Vanagon VIN decoders for Kombi, but I fail to see how 1986 Camper Wolfsburgs qualify as a Kombi.

Anyone else with an 86 Wolfsburg care to share their VIN? Leave off the last digits if you care to like above.

Thanks!

Jim

Check out:
www.VANAVATION.com
www.SyncroSafari.org and
www.Vanagons.org

sphet wrote:
owokie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 1986 Vanagon Wolfsburg Documentation? Help Please Reply with quote

SyncroHead wrote:
vanagonjr wrote:
WV2XB0252GH######

Thanks. This is the second 1986 Vanagon Camper Wolfsburg with the X in the 4th position.
Y = Passenger Vanagons
Z = Campers

X is noted in most Vanagon VIN decoders for Kombi, but I fail to see how 1986 Camper Wolfsburgs qualify as a Kombi.

Anyone else with an 86 Wolfsburg care to share their VIN? Leave off the last digits if you care to like above.

Thanks!

Jim

WV2XB0256GH######

Sold new in California, originally. "Incomplete vehicle manufactured 5/86" on the pillar.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: 1986 Vanagon Wolfsburg Documentation? Help Please Reply with quote

owokie wrote:
SyncroHead wrote:
vanagonjr wrote:
WV2XB0252GH######

Y = Passenger Vanagons
Z = Campers

Thanks!

Jim

WV2XB0256GH######

Sold new in California, originally. "Incomplete vehicle manufactured 5/86" on the pillar.

OK, we're 3 for 3 in 1986 Vanagon Camper Wolfsburgs uaving an X in the 4th position.

1. Anyone else with this model care to post their VIN?

2. Also, I/m beginning to wonder if ALL 1986 6-seater base Capmers were Wolfsburgs. So, anyone this a 1986 base Camper (not the GL with sink/stove/Etc.) that's NOT a Wolfsburg?

Jim

Check out:
www.VANAVATION.com
www.SyncroSafari.org and
www.Vanagons.org

sphet wrote:
snuf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:43 am    Post subject: Re: 1986 Vanagon Wolfsburg Documentation? Help Please Reply with quote

WV2XB0253GH######
1986, Wolfsburg Badges, tan corduroy seats, Air Conditioning. No power window, door locks, steering or mirrors. 12v/120 Dometic fridge powered by aux battery outlet. Rear wiper and defroster , Manufactured 01/86, Incomplete Vehicle Manufactured 11/85.
I have no other documentation, I do remember the previous owners title listed it as a Kombi, but current title does not. I guess different States use different designations.

Last edited by snuf on Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:24 am; edited 2 times in total
dhaavers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: 1986 Vanagon Wolfsburg Documentation? Help Please Reply with quote

OK...I'll play:

#WV2XB0253GHxxxxxx

Identical to snuf's description above [edit] ...but WITH power steering... Embarassed [/edit].

Build date 1/86, IIRC (I can check later, as I'm currently stuck on the couch, soaking
up coffee & the van is at the other end of a long walk through 12" new snow...) Shocked Wink

Originally delivered & sold in Arizona, currently titled in MN as "wagon"...go figure.

- Dave

<EDITED TO PROTECT INNOCENT PIXELS>

Last edited by dhaavers on Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
vanagonjr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: 1986 Vanagon Wolfsburg Documentation? Help Please Reply with quote

snuf wrote:
WV2XB0253GH######
1986, Wolfsburg Badges, tan corduroy seats, Air Conditioning. No power window, steering or mirrors. 12v/120 Dometic fridge powered by aux battery outlet.

No power steering - pretty shocked, because
I had thought all 86 on in the USA, had power steering.

BTW - I have:
Power mirrors
Power Steering
rear window defroster

Manual windows
Manual locks

No Tach
No AC
No rear wiper

I haves the 12V fridge, but pretty sure that's part of the basic camper, aka Westfalia Weekender package.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: 1986 Vanagon Wolfsburg Documentation? Help Please Reply with quote

vanagonjr wrote:
snuf wrote:
WV2XB0253GH######
1986, Wolfsburg Badges, tan corduroy seats, Air Conditioning. No power window, steering or mirrors. 12v/120 Dometic fridge powered by aux battery outlet.

No power steering - pretty shocked, because
I had thought all 86 on in the USA, had power steering.

BTW - I have:
Power mirrors
Power Steering
rear window defroster

Manual windows
Manual locks

No Tach
No AC
No rear wiper

I haves the 12V fridge, but pretty sure that's part of the basic camper, aka Westfalia Weekender package.

THanks for the responses guys!

in 1986 Power Steering was optional on Vanagon L, Vanagon Camper, and Vanagon Camper Syncro. Standard on Vanagon GL and Vanagon Camper GL models.

With that said, including Power Steering as part of a Wolfsburg package could have been something that made the Wolfsburg Campers distinct from the others. Apparently not though, since we have snuf's van as evidence of no PS in at least one '86 Wolfsburg.

The list of these models that include the X as the 4th digit of the VIN is growing. Still no known examples without an X.

Still sort of amazed that with all the Vanagon owners on the Samba, we still can't find anything VW printed about the 1986 Wolfsburg Limited Editions.

Jim

Check out:
www.VANAVATION.com
www.SyncroSafari.org and
www.Vanagons.org

sphet wrote:
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 1986 Vanagon Wolfsburg Documentation? Help Please Reply with quote

1986 VW Vanagon Westfalia Wolfsburg Edition (Weekender) Pop-top delivered in Richland, Washington.

VIN WV2XB0253GH117xxx

Power steering & brakes
Rear window defroster
Rear window wiper
Round 'Wolfsburg Edition' fender badges
12V fridge
Dealer installed Behr In-dash A/C

The van had been converted to manual steering when I bought it.

For more info you could visit Cristoph Boltze's fantastic site - he's way ahead on the Vanagon/T3 minutiae including brochures, etc.

http://www.westfaliat3.info/index.html
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com

Last edited by Jake de Villiers on Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
alanmacleod2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 1986 Vanagon Wolfsburg Documentation? Help Please Reply with quote

Have an '86 base camper (Weekender ?) with the following:
Wolfsburg badges
4 spd
cruse control
no A/C
mechanical windows
non-power mirrors
Westfalia pop-top

VIN: VW2XB025OGH01xxxx

Delivered new in California with 1986 Vanagon/Transporter Owner's Manual and Camper "Wolfsburg Edition" Supplement to Volkswagen Owner's Manual 1986 Vanagon.

Alan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
alanmacleod2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 1986 Vanagon Wolfsburg Documentation? Help Please Reply with quote

Forgot to add:

has Power Steering

Alan
MsTaboo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 1986 Vanagon Wolfsburg Documentation? Help Please Reply with quote

VWpix.org has these listings, but not for the '86 Confused , but there are other years.
http://www.vwpix.org/archiv/index_en.htm

Hmm…won't go direct to the page.
It's under "Prospekte" , then "USA", then "range" Click on the images to make larger.

Lot's of great info on that site, wish I could read German!

The information age has morphed into the age of disinformation and willful ignorance. Agnotology!
Help the fight against Truth Decay.
Defend democracy, support Ukraine.
fixedgear
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: 1986 Vanagon Wolfsburg Documentation? Help Please Reply with quote

WV2XB0255GH

"incomplete vehicle manufactures in 1/86"

air conditioning
power door locks
manual steering
rear window wiper and defroster
manual windows
cooler
one driver's side badge
pop top
tach
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 1986 Vanagon Wolfsburg Documentation? Help Please Reply with quote

alanmacleod2 wrote:
Have an '86 base camper (Weekender ?) with the following:
Wolfsburg badges
4 spd
cruse control
no A/C
mechanical windows
non-power mirrors
Westfalia pop-top

VIN: VW2XB025OGH01xxxx

Delivered new in California with 1986 Vanagon/Transporter Owner's Manual and Camper "Wolfsburg Edition" Supplement to Volkswagen Owner's Manual 1986 Vanagon.

JMD added Alan's later add: Forgot to add:
has Power Steering
Alan

Alan

Alan,

I'm VERY excited to hear you mention the "Wolfsburg Edition" supplement. Its the very first I've heard of any publication VW created about this model. Do you still have this? Any way I could coax you into scanning it to send the scanned images to me?

Thanks!

Check out:
www.VANAVATION.com
www.SyncroSafari.org and
www.Vanagons.org

sphet wrote:
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 1986 Vanagon Wolfsburg Documentation? Help Please Reply with quote

fixedgear wrote:
WV2XB0255GH

"incomplete vehicle manufactures in 1/86"

air conditioning
power door locks
manual steering
rear window wiper and defroster
manual windows
cooler
one driver's side badge
pop top
tach

Along with Alan's van, this makes us 5 for 5 with 1986 Wolfsburgs having the X in the 4th digit of the VIN.
You don't mention specifically, but can you confirm that yours has the Wolfsburg Edition emblems that as far as you know are original?

Thanks!

Jim

Check out:
www.VANAVATION.com
www.SyncroSafari.org and
www.Vanagons.org

sphet wrote:
fixedgear
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: 1986 Vanagon Wolfsburg Documentation? Help Please Reply with quote

Jim-One Wolfsburg badge on front driver's side fender. Chris
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: