Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

peoplekars - [email protected] - Frank Konisky
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: peoplekars
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject: peoplekars - [email protected] - Frank Konisky Reply with quote

Everything went great as expected. Packaging was excellent. Will be purchasing more from this seller. Thank you Frank.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwsplitman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: peoplekars - [email protected] - Frank Konisky Reply with quote

Purchased a license plate frame from PeopleKars recently. Transaction was smooth and easy. Great packaging and service. thanks Frank.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rillette
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: peoplekars - [email protected] - Frank Konisky Reply with quote

Friendly contact and very quick payment, smooth transaction, thanks!
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: peoplekars - [email protected] - Frank Konisky Reply with quote

Yesterday I received an email alert from TheSamba [TSAlert] with the link to this ad: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2443549 before it was edited.
The email alert I received included the entire content of the ad, including the price, which was $200. I clicked the link to the ad in TheSamba site. The price in the ad header was $200 and stated, "$200 plus postage" in the body of the ad. I emailed the seller through the email link in the ad to ask if the paint was original or retouched. A few minutes later, I received a text reply that the paint was original. I immediately logged in ready to buy the frame and noticed the price was now changed to $250. I texted the seller and asked about the price change, stating that when I had inquired, the price was $200. The seller texted back and said the price was always $250 from when he first submitted the ad. Hmmm… not according to the email alert I had, so I sent it to him. He doubled down and said it was always priced at $250. I emailed Everett who checked the ad history and, sure enough, it was originally listed at $200.

Now, if a seller wants to raise the price of something, that’s fine. In this case, however, he clearly decided to raise the price after my inquiry, but what makes him a shady seller in my book was the fact that he lied to me about it, and then doubled down on his lie. I have the screen shots of the original email alert with ad info PLUS the confirmation email from Everett that I was correct about the initial price being $200. I sent him the screen shot of the original email alert with the $200 price clearly shown and alerted him to the email I received from Everett. NOPE! I was still wrong and so was Everett.

If it had been listed at $250 from the beginning OR if the seller had simply been honest about changing the price, I would have bought it. But when someone blatantly and so boldly lies right out of the gate and then doubles down when confronted with the evidence, I wouldn’t trust anything about that person. But that’s just me. Caveat emptor with this seller!

(Note: I have archived our text messages, including screen shots, as well as the email texts from him. I also have the text from Everett confirming the original price. If anyone would like for me to back up my claim, message me. I'm happy to send it to you.)

OG member of the '67 Posse

A few of my toys, past and present
'56 Oval, '66 KG Conv't, '67 21-Window, '67 Bug, '79 SuperVert, '55 Pre-A Continental
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: peoplekars - [email protected] - Frank Konisky Reply with quote

Had an awesome experience with Frank. It’s tough to sell stuff in general especially as some people fail to make the distinction between a shop and a swap meet style forum site. I bought a dealer frame and the price was right, my bus looks awesome and the prompt shipping and top quality packaging shows that the seller cares.

I will definitely buy from Frank again.
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: peoplekars - [email protected] - Frank Konisky Reply with quote

gondiwindi wrote:
Had an awesome experience with Frank. It’s tough to sell stuff in general especially as some people fail to make the distinction between a shop and a swap meet style forum site. I bought a dealer frame and the price was right, my bus looks awesome and the prompt shipping and top quality packaging shows that the seller cares.

I will definitely buy from Frank again.

That's great! My complaint was that he changed the price as soon as I showed interest. And then he pretended that I was the crazy one. But thankfully Everett had a full recounting of the original ad and my emails to the seller. You can't beat that! Buyer beware!

'56 Oval, '66 KG Conv't, '67 21-Window, '67 Bug, '79 SuperVert, '55 Pre-A Continental
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: peoplekars - [email protected] - Frank Konisky Reply with quote

I wish that I could have gotten through life and a $50 discrepancy caused me such grief. I am sure that if Frank was as you described he’d have more comments of that nature given the years that he’s been on this site. It’s quite simple. As you have done, ask about the price including shipping and fees and either pay the man his price or don’t. You didn’t want to pay $250 that’s cool. Based on my many years of trying to hunt this item down I was happy to.

Two points of view.
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: peoplekars - [email protected] - Frank Konisky Reply with quote

I'm glad you had a good experience. Not sure why you feel the need to attack me in reporting my experience in a simplified way. It was not about $50 mark up, it was about his integrity (or lack thereof) in handling my inquiry to him about the price change. He acted as if it was always listed at the higher price and it wasn't. All he had to do was be honest. But he wasn't. You seem to miss that entire point about integrity. So if you feel justified in attacking me about my ability to pay $50, good for you. But I'm not going to get into a pissing match. God bless. Move on.

Vedubauman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: peoplekars - [email protected] - Frank Konisky Reply with quote

Quick and easy transaction! AAAA++++

Excellent communication and my items were exceptionally packed. Thanks again Frank!!!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: