Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fight Cancer... Join the Battle
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Fight Cancer... Join the Battle Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Glenn wrote:
The event was yesterday and our team, Team Gray Matter, raised $22,129. A bit less than last year, but we lost a few family/friends that donated in the past.

Lost from donating, not from Cancer, right?

From cancer and old age.

I have to say a few Samba members have been more than generous with their donations and support.

Our team
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Fight Cancer... Join the Battle Reply with quote

March 2nd, 2019

Mark your calendar.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Fight Cancer... Join the Battle Reply with quote

Another year has gone by and we're still fighting cancer. Last years donations are already funding research and clinical test, but more is needed.

This past June my mother, Betty Ring, lost her fight with her 4th cancer. She survived living with chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) for 30 years, a GIST stomach tumor, lung cancer in her right lung and one in her left. The right lung cancer came back and she did well participating in a clinical test. But after a year it became less effective and she was out of options.

It is clinical test like the one that enabled my mother to hold her great grand daughter and attend her grand daughter's wedding that your donations support.

I hope I can count on you to donate so others can live longer and share such events.

The date for this years event is Saturday March 2nd, 2019 so you have the option of having your donation in tax year 2018 or waiting until after January so it's in 2019.

To donate, just click on the link below and then click on DONATE. You will be directed to MSKCC's secure website.

http://mskcc.convio.net/goto/glennring

Thank you all for your support.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Fight Cancer... Join the Battle Reply with quote

Thanks to Joe and Chris for their donations.

Already raised $1460 to my $2500 goal.

Link

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
MrBreeze
Samba Hitman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: Fight Cancer... Join the Battle Reply with quote

Well, shit.

Add me to the list of family members affected by the Big C. My mother was just diagnosed with breast cancer. Being a survivor myself, all I can do is give her all the support and help I can.

Phuck Cancer.

WTB: Bay Shore or Queensboro VW Frames

HBB 1984-2009
RW 1943-2011
ER 1964-2023
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Fight Cancer... Join the Battle Reply with quote

The club no one wants to be in.

Sorry Rob.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Fight Cancer... Join the Battle Reply with quote

the middle school I went to school at was a agent orange dump site... no supprice I have had cancer and effed up real good...just 4 years before I was there....Im looking into it a little...to see if there is any recourse. probably is, but it will probably be the inner course as usual. and all I get will be.... whay kind of moron does it take to put a kids school on a toxic waste dump.
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Fight Cancer... Join the Battle Reply with quote

We're in again with Glenn for CycleforSurvival!
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Fight Cancer... Join the Battle Reply with quote

Thanks Mike, I appreciate the continued support.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Fight Cancer... Join the Battle Reply with quote

Thanks Gary (RHD Notch).

Every dollar brings me close to my goal, but exceeding it would be great.

Here's where your donation go.

Link

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Fight Cancer... Join the Battle Reply with quote

Thanks Doug (DraginInk).

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: Fight Cancer... Join the Battle Reply with quote

I just got news that another friend of ours lost the battle, funeral is in 3 days.

I have totally lost count of how many friends and family we have lost or are presently battling this epidemic. It's in the hundreds! I rarely walk into a room or gathering anymore without being conscious of how many present there are facing this horrible disease. It nearly drives me insane thinking about the size of the problem, the lack of meaningful support from our governments on every level and the billions they squander on other useless fantasies!
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: Fight Cancer... Join the Battle Reply with quote

Part of the problem is that many organizations are focused on a specific type of cancer. If their research turns to something else, they abandon it.

MSKCC doesn't have any one specific type of cancer they work on. If lung cancer research looks to be helpful to pancreatic cancer... they follow that lead. Because they have many programs running at the same time there's a lot of data sharing between them.

Government grants have specific goals and funds allocated to colon cancer can not be used for eye cancer. Funds raised by Cycle for Survival have no strings attached. It funds projects that can go where ever the research leads.
also funds raised are put to use within 6 months... not years.

This is why I participate in Cycle for Survival. 100% of every dollar donated goes to research. Not to high salaries, trips and office space for those who run it.

https://www.cycleforsurvival.org/about-us
Quote:
100% of every donation to Cycle for Survival is directly allocated to research at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center within six months of the events

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: Fight Cancer... Join the Battle Reply with quote

My dad would of been 92 today, but his life was cut short by prostate cancer. That was 38 years ago, he was only 53.

Please support my fight against race cancers.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Fight Cancer... Join the Battle Reply with quote

Thank John (bigdog1962) for the donation.

I'm close to my goal.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: Fight Cancer... Join the Battle Reply with quote

Today is World Cancer Day and Equinox Gym (a corporate sponsor) will match your donation dollar for dollar. So your $10 will be $20, your $25 will be $50 and your $100 will be $200.

So really make your donation count, it's easy. Just follow the link below, you'll get sent directly to my page at Memorial Sloan Ketter Cancer Center (MSKCC). Click on DONATE and enter the amount. It's completely secured and MSKCC does not sell your information. You'll receive a email with the receipt that you can use on your 2019 taxes.

If you want to see how your donation will be used, here's a video:

Link

thank you all for your support.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: Fight Cancer... Join the Battle Reply with quote

Thanks "Bucky" for the donation.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Fight Cancer... Join the Battle Reply with quote

Thanks Ev and Jen for putting me over the top, but that doesn't mean i'm done.

While every year I set a goal of raising $2500, 2 years ago i raised over $3500.

So let's keep it coming.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Fight Cancer... Join the Battle Reply with quote

This is the last week before the event for me. My goal was $2500 and i've surpassed it. I'm just $70 short of $3000, so please no amount is too small ( or too big). My team is just $25 short of raising $20,000.

100% of your donation goes to research within 6 months. None of it pay for any administrative costs, these are supported by corporate donors.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Fight Cancer... Join the Battle Reply with quote

The event i tomorrow. So far i've raised $3319, so i'm just $181 short of $3500 which is the most i've raised in the past.

Our team is at $23,580, just $1420 short of our goal.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Page 7 of 11

Jump to: