Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

How does your Partner feel about your VW?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikec4193
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

As long as the passenger side window rolls down...I think she is ok with it...she doesn't talk much when we are in it...and she says she gets claustrophobic in it....I do too so maybe the jury is out on who likes it more...

MikeC
slave1pilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

scottyrocks wrote:
Singerdude wrote:
Slave1, you say you've been married 29 years so, your wife is at the very least in her late 40's/early 50's and she looks like that? She's a keeper!

With a statement like that, he has got to repost the broken-linked picture! Wink

yeah, I gotta go through and fix all my old photobucket pics. sigh.

anyway, here's the pic.
she was 47 there, she'll be 49 in March
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Currently:
1963 Ragtop Beetle
Previously:
1967 Beetle
1968 Beetle
1970 Beetle
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

Yep, that was worth a repost!
slave1pilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

thank you, I'll pass it on to her.

Here we are pack in about 92 with my first Bug.

Currently:
1963 Ragtop Beetle
Previously:
1967 Beetle
1968 Beetle
1970 Beetle
HippyTom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

My wife doesn't get it. But she accepts that I'm into them and she doesn't give me a hard time about my VW time. She does go on occasional rides with me in them.
HippyTom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

slave1pilot wrote:
scottyrocks wrote:
Singerdude wrote:
Slave1, you say you've been married 29 years so, your wife is at the very least in her late 40's/early 50's and she looks like that? She's a keeper!

With a statement like that, he has got to repost the broken-linked picture! Wink

anyway, here's the pic.

Wow, beautiful and into VWs...you've found a unicorn!!! Congrats!!!
lovethatconvertible
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

slave1pilot wrote:
scottyrocks wrote:
Singerdude wrote:

anyway, here's the pic.

That's the problem with getting old, Your wife looks like she's in her twenty's
to me. Sad
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

She grins like a school kid on holiday whenever I bring it out and I have to be quick to get any time behind the steering wheel! Very Happy

P.S. her Email address starts with VW Granny...
Sharp64 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

My wife actually suggested I buy an old car to fiddle with. Think she was hoping for something American and “cooler”, but seems to accept I’m a VW guy. Now have three which is one too many and she has expressed that she really doesn’t want me to sell the dune buggy. We have had a few “discussions” about the time and money spent on the cars, but she gets more irritated when I’m here or scanning FB groups hours at a time more than anything. I work from home and get the occasional “you had time to work on the car, but not time to clean up a little around here (or mow the yard)”. But beyond that, she knows its my interest and it makes me happy so she’s ok with it.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

I have a friend who is very dedicated to his model aircraft hobby. A few years back he was in a hobby shop with his wife and while he was picking out a few things his wife was complaining bitterly at the counter about the time her husband spends on his hobby. The shop owner replied " Do you know where he is in the evenings?" "Do you have any idea how many wives out there would love to know where their husbands are and what they are doing in the evening?"
HippyTom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

There was a married guy who had been having a steamy affair with his secretary. One Friday afternoon they snuck off to her place. The guy looked at his watch, jumped up and said, "oh crap, I'm late. I've gotta go!!!" As he putting on his clothes he says to his mistress, "Grab some grass clippings and put them in my shoes!!!" She asks why and he says,"I don't have time to explain, just do it!!!" She does and he takes off in a mad rush home.

When he walks in his wife is thee waiting on him saying "Where the hell have you been? You're late, we were supposed to leave an hour ago...yada, yada, yada."

The husband replied, "Well, I didn't want you to find out this way, but I've been having a steamy affair with my secretary and we spent the afternoon in the throws of passion and lost track of time."

His wife says, "Take off your shoes!!!" He does and hands them to her and she shakes the grass out of them and replies, "You lying S.O.B., you've been playing golf again!!!"

My wife always says my clothes stink like my car (the classic VW smell) when I've been driving them. Perhaps I should keep a stinky VW shirt in my truck just in case..."You lying SOB, you've been driving a VW again!!!"
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

My vw's were around long before i met my Wife. She knows the pecking order. She likes to ride around locally in the bus. She used to go to alot of the shows with me in the past. ordering a wheel chair for her in the next week so she can still go with me.
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Sharp64 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

obus wrote:
My vw's were around long before i met my Wife. She knows the pecking order. She likes to ride around locally in the bus. She used to go to alot of the shows with me in the past. ordering a wheel chair for her in the next week so she can still go with me.

Don’t know you from Adam but you sound like a good husband. Those are few and far between anymore. Good on you.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

Sharp64 wrote:
obus wrote:

Don’t know you from Adam but you sound like a good husband. Those are few and far between anymore. Good on you.

Thanks for the kind words Sharp64. She would do the same for me. She has a disease i wouldnt wish on my worst enemy. Huntingtons disease
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:42 am    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

When we were younger and were using our '69 Bus as a family vehicle we had a friend who was wheelchair bound from polio. I made a wooden ramp and would take out the center seat to give her rides to community event etc. She loved the Bus because being a tall lady it was the only vehicle she rode in that she had enough head room to be able to sit up straight in her chair!
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:08 am    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

slave1pilot wrote:
thank you, I'll pass it on to her.

Here we are pack in about 92 with my first Bug.

Wow love the hair. Why do you look so happy? Wink
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:
She likes the '71 Convertible, which runs and is insured. She doesn't like the '70 sedan, which has been sitting "retired" on the side of the house. She wants me to sell that to a member here as it's an Arizona car....

Hey Cusser, how's she liking that beetle now?

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
Cusser wrote:
She likes the '71 Convertible, which runs and is insured. She doesn't like the '70 sedan, which has been sitting "retired" on the side of the house. She wants me to sell that to a member here as it's an Arizona car....

Hey Cusser, how's she liking that beetle now?

Well, since I've resurrected that 1970 last year, and it's at the place up north and she uses it to drag the horse arena routinely, and I use it for going to town or to play softball, she likes it because it's being used. The MoFoCo transmission is working fine, the gas smell has been fixed, the spark jumping at the coil is fixed, all good to go.

I don't think Mrs. Cusser is thrilled knowing that my first look at a gal without her knickers, my first HJ, my first BJ, and other "experiences" happened in that 1970, but that's life !!! At least the upholstery was done AFTER that !
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:

I don't think Mrs. Cusser is thrilled knowing that my first look at a gal without her knickers, my first HJ, my first BJ, and other "experiences" happened in that 1970, but that's life !!! At least the upholstery was done AFTER that !

Then you'll have to convince her that she'll have to best those memories with new ones with her, even if it does require yet another change of upholstery. Twisted Evil

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
Cusser wrote:

Then you'll have to convince her that she'll have to best those memories with new ones with her, even if it does require yet another change of upholstery. Twisted Evil

There ya' go !!!

Well, she was brave enough to forego what folks at work thought to go on our first vacation in that VW, to California in mid-summer, for 10 days. The rest is history.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: