Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Original DDR German paperwork
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cab57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject: Original DDR German paperwork Reply with quote

Hello,

someone knows what is the meaning of this :

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

this is the first owner section on my original DDR german paperwork.
Does it mean that the first owner was a vw staff or for vw dealer use ?

Quote:
Dieses kraftfahrzeug ist personengebunden.
Ein verkauf darf nur über das "Staatt Ve......-Kontor" erfolgen.

Regards
Chris
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Shorty-DD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:18 am    Post subject: Re: Original DDR German paperwork Reply with quote

I try to explain. Sorry for my english. Im from former DDR (GDR).

The car is tied to the people who owns it and if he wants to sell it may only be through state offices. This was common for import car from the west. State control. Import cars was sell trought the state. There were no VW-dealers in east-germany. I hope it helps a little.
cab57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: Original DDR German paperwork Reply with quote

Hello,

Thanks you very much for all theses usefull informations, I am so glad to read this.

So if I understood,

My beetle was build the 28/04/1959 and left the factory the 29/04/1959 to travel to berlin DDR.

The first name on the "Kraftfahrzeugbrief" was in 1/12/1961, so between 59 to 61 it was owned by the DDR state parked somewhere. That could be right ?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Shorty-DD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:38 am    Post subject: Re: Original DDR German paperwork Reply with quote

Dont know. Maybe.
btw...GENEX was the name for the for the state company.
coad Premium Member
Samba Scapegoat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:32 am    Post subject: Re: Original DDR German paperwork Reply with quote

cab57 wrote:
The first name on the "Kraftfahrzeugbrief" was in 1/12/1961, so between 59 to 61 it was owned by the DDR state parked somewhere. That could be right ?

Probably not. More likely it was originally licensed in West Germany and then imported into the DDR as a used car. The Berlin Wall didn't go up until August of 1961 so it was pretty easy to move back and forth before then.

It would be interesting to get the birth certificate from Wolfsburg and see where it was originally shipped.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cab57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Original DDR German paperwork Reply with quote

I have the birth certificate and it was shipped to berlin the 29/04/1959.
Shorty-DD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Original DDR German paperwork Reply with quote

cab57 wrote:
shipped to berlin the 29/04/1959.

East or West-Berlin?
cab57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Original DDR German paperwork Reply with quote

unfortunately this is not specified, only berlin.
cab57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Original DDR German paperwork Reply with quote

I think you are right :

Quote:
The Berlin Wall didn't go up until August of 1961 so it was pretty easy to move back and forth before then.

because the DDR certificate is from 25th Nov 1961 so the beetle could be from berlin West in first.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: